Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 10:42 AM

987 posts, read 1,118,736 times

Advertisements

Judge does not always mean to pronounce sentence upon etc. It can mean just rule over, and in God's economy rulers are not to 'lord it over men or treat them unjustly' simply because of their position. Jesus came to serve and I think that is what those who will reign and rule with Christ will do, tho surely they will administer justice and cause perpetrators of evil deeds to atone for their actions and ultimately repent. And when the judgment (sentence) is carried out, the guilty party is RESTORED to his place in the family (society until all are family.

Paul said that God was going to reconcile all in heaven, on earth and under the earth. Who does that leave out? God is a righteous judge, and full of love and mercy. His judgments can seem harsh while we labor under them, but JOY COMES IN THE MORNING. The gospel is GOOD NEWS FOR ALL PEOPLE and I believe that includes any angels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 03:50 PM

63,801 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Indeed, there have been messengers’ who have fallen, but they weren’t angels! These false prophets have attempted to turn the truth of adversity into the lie called Satan through the blending of Christianity with the thoughts of Pagan philosophers, under the authority of the Emperors who required a national amalgamated religion to solidity their control over the people. Your adversary and the accusers of Christ, seek whom they can devour.

"To fully integrate adversity is to assimilate it into one’s own mind."

"AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD."
That says it all!

Old 09-12-2013, 07:53 AM

5 posts, read 10,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
the book of enoch has some things about rebellious angels. I dont know if they can repent, or if they even want to repent.

Yes, the book of Enoch does talk about these fallen angels. They left their holy place to defile themselves with human women. After they committed their sin, they tried to repent but God rejected their petition because their sin was great.

God explained that he made them to be eternal with no need of marriage, that marriage was for humans as a way to reproduce, something that they did not need. Now, because they knew better their sin cannot be forgiven. Mankind was tricked into sinning, while these angels went ahead into sin fully knowing the consequences without anyone tricking them into sinning. That is why we have Jesus who die for the redeeming of mankind & not fallen angels, demons, or hybrid giants of Genesis 6.

The book of Enoch is very interesting, I got me the audiobook version from here:
The Book Of Enoch Audio Book (The origins of Demons) - The Book Of Enoch: Origins of Demons (Dramatized Audiobook)

Old 09-13-2013, 05:31 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokconl View Post
can fallen angels repent for their sins and be forgiven by God? has it happened? will it happen according to the bible
!
We are the fallen angels being given a second chance...

Old 11-24-2013, 02:01 PM

4 posts, read 4,564 times
I am very interested in the fate of the fallen angels. I've studied the Book of Enoch, the Book of Jasher and the Bible and the consensus seems to be the same throughout - There is no forgiveness for these angels, they can never again look upon the face of God. Enoch petitioned God on their behalf, however God's response was eternal damnation. God claims to be omnipotent which makes sense because time does not exist as humans know it in the realm of God and His various creations. (Hence 1 day = 1000 years). Also clear from research is the fact that Satan (#1 fallen angel) rules the earth, nevertheless God is in control. God Himself determined the amount of 'time' the earth and it's inhabitants would suffer as a 'result?' of the deeds of the fallen angels. The angels may have disobeyed God but He allowed un-imaginable suffering for thousands of years. WHY?

I cannot ask God my questions - he is above questioning - I have always been troubled by the Book of Job and God's ruthless offering to Satan to do anything he liked to Job, except he couldn't take his LIFE - that was only for God to take - presumably if Job also ended up being less than 110% committed to God. He openly tells humanity he is a JEALOUS God and the horror he will bring on any entity if he is not exclusively worshipped. He has a multitude of angels in heaven whose sole purpose 24/7 is to sing his praises. On earth a leader such as this would be called a DICTATOR and a TYRANT.

He also tells humans that it is not Satan they should fear - it is He Himself. I believe this, after all the fate is the same for any entity who questions God's motives - torture and annihilation. I know I will be damned for even saying this out loud, BUT, I'm not so sure anymore that I want to align myself with a God who can be so cruel.

I have many many more thoughts to share or discuss if anyone is interested - won't bore otherwise.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:51 PM

535 posts, read 966,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
We struggle to truly grasp the fact that God is 'eternal', with an eternal view of all things. Even that which Revelation reports as 'future events' (for us), are actually a flat, timeless table for God (who is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow). Time (linear), 'as we understand it', was created by God on His fourth day of creation --- giving mankind a way to measure days, years ... and change.
When the Bible refers to 'fallen angels' (those cast into eternal chains of darkness; cast into the eternal lake of fire, etc), it is not referring to a past or future event, but, rather, an eternal, timeless condition.
Do you think God sees all of time all at once? I've read His is "perhaps" a 4th dimensional view where all past, present and future events are in His view. I don't know if you've heard of or read Abbott's Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions an 1800's novel where a two dimensional square meets a three dimensional sphere. The square can not comprehend the sphere. That's me trying to comprehend a fourth dimension. So, when my hubby calls me a square he's not far off.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:06 PM

264 posts, read 351,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
could it be possible that those are the angels we will judge (chastise for correction)? why would we judge angels that never betrayed God. Just food for thought.
They are the angels we will judge and take their place, as we too shall be a angels as the children of the resurrection.

Luke 20:34-36
34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
KJV

Old 11-24-2013, 07:40 PM

535 posts, read 966,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
They are the angels we will judge and take their place, as we too shall be a angels as the children of the resurrection.
I think something got lost in the bolded wording on my part. Are you saying we will be angels, or we will be as angels, or both?

Old 11-24-2013, 08:11 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokconl View Post
can fallen angels repent for their sins and be forgiven by God? has it happened? will it happen according to the bible
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
No The Holy Angels of God cannot go to Jesus and receive from the judgment of the blood of Jesus , as Jesus reserves His blood Judgments to man and even animals which God children can pray for and receive protection ..... But the Holy Angel can only benefit of Jesus blood for their work with brings honor to God , by and only through the faith of man who receives blessing from Jesus , as there is No forgiveness for the angels who have fallen , and there is No mercy for the fallen angel ....
according to scripture ALL things in HEAVEN and earth both visable and invisable are reconciled by the blood of the lamb. Paul tells us the great mystery that was hid from the foundation of the world was that the mystry of the gospel is to be made known unto the principalities and power in heavenly places, those same principaities and powers that we war against.

So no His blood is not just reserved for mankind and animals.

Brok, God created man to save the angelic who had fallen, the angelic inticed man into fellowship with them and dragged man down to his level. God sent Jesus to save His church, and according to Paul it is through the ministry of the church that the gospel will be made known to the principalities and powers.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:43 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachiri View Post
I am very interested in the fate of the fallen angels. I've studied the Book of Enoch, the Book of Jasher and the Bible and the consensus seems to be the same throughout - There is no forgiveness for these angels, they can never again look upon the face of God. Enoch petitioned God on their behalf, however God's response was eternal damnation. God claims to be omnipotent which makes sense because time does not exist as humans know it in the realm of God and His various creations. (Hence 1 day = 1000 years). Also clear from research is the fact that Satan (#1 fallen angel) rules the earth, nevertheless God is in control. God Himself determined the amount of 'time' the earth and it's inhabitants would suffer as a 'result?' of the deeds of the fallen angels. The angels may have disobeyed God but He allowed un-imaginable suffering for thousands of years. WHY?

I cannot ask God my questions - he is above questioning - I have always been troubled by the Book of Job and God's ruthless offering to Satan to do anything he liked to Job, except he couldn't take his LIFE - that was only for God to take - presumably if Job also ended up being less than 110% committed to God. He openly tells humanity he is a JEALOUS God and the horror he will bring on any entity if he is not exclusively worshipped. He has a multitude of angels in heaven whose sole purpose 24/7 is to sing his praises. On earth a leader such as this would be called a DICTATOR and a TYRANT.

He also tells humans that it is not Satan they should fear - it is He Himself. I believe this, after all the fate is the same for any entity who questions God's motives - torture and annihilation. I know I will be damned for even saying this out loud, BUT, I'm not so sure anymore that I want to align myself with a God who can be so cruel.

I have many many more thoughts to share or discuss if anyone is interested - won't bore otherwise.

Hi K, read this link for a different view of our loving father and some answers to some of your questions.

Anthropomorphisms

there is another link that I debated some of this on also , I will see if I can find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity