Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 10:03 AM

304 posts, read 469,587 times

Advertisements

Just finished a book called the, Timeline of History; in it the author said, that in the time we have been taught, that Adam and Eve lived, there were several million people living in India, Greece and in China. That seems reasonable and believable to me. After all it's often been asked; where did Cain find a wife? [ Gen., ch 4:17 ]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 10:47 AM

2 posts, read 1,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
So, am I the only creationist here who actually expects to have evidence for this view?

Do you mean on this forum? No. I've been a Bible teacher (Christian school, church, home groups, etc) for many years (older than dirt) and I do not now nor have I ever believed that the earth is only six thousand years old.

Quote:
If the Bible is true concerning our history, then we should expect evidence to show it...etc...

Well, yes and no. We need to do science, That much is certain. But we must beware the trap of scientism. There is a dangerous temptation to accept the current best theories as absolute and irrefutable fact, which can be just as blinding as religious dogmatism - even more so in my opinion. I say let's do all the science we can, while holding our conclusions lightly. One need only do a cursory review of modern science to see that new ideas are constantly emerging and old ideas are constantly being revised. In fact, I laugh when I hear Eugenie Scott argue for "the scientific consensus" when anyone who reads the literature knows there is no such thing.

Quote:
If there are creationists here who thinks like me, let's have a good discussion in this topic.

Deal. Only thing is, our conversation is likely to be obscured by many things - among them angry young earthers consigning us to hell and off topic posts about hair coloring and boxers versus briefs...oh and all kinds of other bizarro posts from the many forum dwellers who are not orthodox Christians.

Quote:
Let's not ignore the fact there is much observable evidence that points toward common descent evolution, and why that is.

Hmmm. Common descent among species? No problem. But if by common descent you mean the rise of all life forms from one common single celled organism, I would say the evidence for that grand claim is almost entirely lacking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity