Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 03:15 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,812,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I can't say that. You're right. I commend you for this, Pathwalker.
I've been married for 15 years...it's almost the same.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:16 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,262,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
LOL! I thought about making the same joke, Irish!

Old 11-02-2007, 03:41 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,419,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
ROFL!

*Ahem* - tell your hubby...er, DH ...they have meds for that problem now.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:47 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,590,914 times
Ok--now think about it, Jesus hung out with 12 guys

Old 11-02-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathwalker View Post
ROFL!

*Ahem* - tell your hubby...er, DH ...they have meds for that problem now.

<----looking online to see if you need a prescription for these meds.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:28 PM

7,534 posts, read 17,219,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Right, because heterosexuals don't deal with any sexual temptation or desires that are counter to God. Please, seriously you folks don't think homosexuals are the only ones that have to fight temptation against sexual sin.

Is it different? Sure.

But we all have flesh issues we deal with. Mine doesn't look like yours and yours doesn't look like mine, but we both still have to deal with them.
I think there's a world of difference. Many of the more ridiculous churches ask their gay members to become something they aren't --> straight. This is barely fulfilling physically, but it doesn't even come close to being fulfilling psychologically and emotionally and could even be detrimental in those aspects. Some of the slightly less ridiculous churches ask their gay and lesbian members to be celibate, which could actually prove to be detrimental on all three fronts. (Plus, we know from watching Catholic priests that celibacy is very rarely accomplished... [and personally, I just couldn't imagine it! ])

While you are asked to abstain from sexual sin, which includes not having sex before marriage, and once married, not having sex with other persons, gays and lesbians (and bisexuals, which I haven't included, but which are equally valid in this point) are asked either to completely, radically and fundamentally change their sexual activity and identity to the point that it no longer matches their psychological conditions regarding their sexual attractions OR are asked to completely abstain from sexual release for the rest of their lives.

There's a world of difference, looking in from the outside here.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:59 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,676,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathwalker View Post
As I've said countless times, I've been celibate for 15 years - something I'm sure not a lot of guys, gay or straight, can say. But inside myself, I still long for the emotional bond and romantic connection with another man - whether it involves sex or not. It's not just a fleshly, carnal thing. It involves emotions, a psychological connection.... I don't know how else to make people understand that, other than to ask them to try to repress the love and connection they feel toward whomever they are in love with.
I've never heard it expressed that way before. Very well said, PW. That lack of connection--I can't believe that God would design gays to desire such a psychological connection and call it sinful.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:20 PM

384 posts, read 1,132,094 times
Default Your views on homosexuals?

I am not going to side against or for anyone who is against or for homosexuality. I just want to know what your views are on homosexuals, and why you do or don't think the church should accept this group of people.

Also, do you think they are born this way, or is it all an act of the mind, or a contribution of both? And if you think they are born this way, then why would God make them this way?

I have personally nothing against homosexuals. I do think the lifestyle of gay men is a little gross, but I am sure they think the lifestyle of straight people is gross too, so it is all relative. I also think they are born this way, as I have never purposely made myself vulnerable to being rejected in society. History has shown that homosexuality has existed through all times, so it is nothing new. This is why I believe people are born with it, or at least born with the possibility of homosexuality that is activated through puberty or other environmental factors.

I think it is wrong for the Church to condemn homosexuals, but I respect their views either way.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:36 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,268,016 times
Moderator cut: I am going to merge this thread with the already existing thread which discusses the same topic, folks! Thanks, June

Old 11-04-2007, 04:36 PM

You might want to read some of these:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...hristians.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...nst-bible.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ic-innate.html

Christian activists to attend Gay Pride Parade in Philadelphia this Sunday

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...rchbishop.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...-religion.html

A search of the word "homosexual" or "gay" will bring up even more threads on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.