U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-26-2007, 05:45 PM
 
25,165 posts, read 48,321,748 times
Reputation: 6957

Advertisements

there is no right or wrong answer or is there

 
Old 10-26-2007, 05:52 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
2,408 posts, read 9,819,562 times
Reputation: 1371
Haven't we debated this one enough? I don't believe there's any new information concerning this subject that would swing the arguments in favor of either stance.
 
Old 10-26-2007, 05:59 PM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,477,861 times
Reputation: 3452
I'm pretty sure you can find a lot of interesting posts in these threads:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...nst-bible.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ic-innate.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...sexuality.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ght-women.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...being-gay.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...x-immoral.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...-religion.html

Civil Unions btwn 2, single, Christians of the same sex?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...rchbishop.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...s-ask-gay.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...nt-viewed.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...dered-gay.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...hristians.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...sexuality.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...iewed-gay.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ay-no-way.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...gislation.html

and finally,

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...christian.html

I guess what I am trying to say is, yeah, it's come up before.
 
Old 10-26-2007, 06:00 PM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,564 posts, read 21,673,224 times
Reputation: 18091
We sure have debated this one enough, and we usually wind up agreeing to disagree. I suggest Artsyguy to read all our threads on gays..There are gay christians on this forum who are well respected on both sides..
 
Old 10-26-2007, 06:53 PM
 
Location: Somewhere along the path to where I'd like to be.
2,180 posts, read 4,990,261 times
Reputation: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I'm pretty sure you can find a lot of interesting posts in these threads:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...nst-bible.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ic-innate.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...sexuality.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ght-women.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...being-gay.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...x-immoral.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...-religion.html

Civil Unions btwn 2, single, Christians of the same sex?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...rchbishop.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...s-ask-gay.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...nt-viewed.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...dered-gay.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...hristians.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...sexuality.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...iewed-gay.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ay-no-way.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...gislation.html

and finally,

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...christian.html

I guess what I am trying to say is, yeah, it's come up before.
There does seem to be an obsession with this subject, doesn't there.
 
Old 10-26-2007, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Twin Cities
3,570 posts, read 7,919,123 times
Reputation: 5980
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
there is no right or wrong answer or is there
If you want to be in a right relationship with God, then no, being gay is not a good choice for your life.

Last edited by Hoosier; 10-26-2007 at 09:01 PM..
 
Old 10-26-2007, 08:42 PM
 
Location: God's Country
21,618 posts, read 30,188,228 times
Reputation: 30163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
If you want to be in a right relationship with God, then no being gay is not a good choice for your life.
AMEN Brother!
 
Old 10-26-2007, 08:52 PM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,477,861 times
Reputation: 3452
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
There does seem to be an obsession with this subject, doesn't there.
No doubt. I just did a quick search of the forum for 'gay Christian' and selectively pulled a few out.

Maybe I should start a thread with just all those links and say 'All discussions on gay, being gay, thinking gay, being a gay Christian, being Christian and gay, what causes 'gayness', the differences in being gay and being 'very' gay, recipes for gay Christians, recipes for Christians to prepare for friends plagued by gay-hood, etc.....

I'm being silly but it has all been done.

If you can talk about it, quote scripture about it, misquote scripture about it, misquote misquoted scripture...wait...I'm doing it again.

Honestly, I'm not trying to invalidate the OP, I don't think I've seen them post in religion.

That's the reason I tried to pull those threads together and let him look through them and then comment here or in them accordingly.
 
Old 10-26-2007, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Twin Cities
3,570 posts, read 7,919,123 times
Reputation: 5980
Yeah I do agree that it's been done before but we have to remember that new people come in all the time and while many of us have "lived" here for months on end, it's always nice to get new and fresh perspectives. Yes, they may be similar thoughts as we've heard before, but I believe someone said the say thing when Rob brought the topic up. They said the same thing when I brought it up in February. I believe it's always good to revisit topics as we all change due to information we've received...and processed.

I've changed so very much by reading many threads in the past few months here. So if the OP wants to discuss the topic, I think it's only fair to be obliging.

The .02 king
 
Old 10-26-2007, 09:08 PM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,477,861 times
Reputation: 3452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
I've changed so very much by reading many threads in the past few months here. So if the OP wants to discuss the topic, I think it's only fair to be obliging.

The .02 king
Oh no, you're right, I hope I didn't come across as not welcoming any discussion. Maybe I vented a little too much!

Didn't mean it that way.

That being said, I'm not sure exactly what the OP is asking, so if he's just asking for our thoughts, that's what he got from me. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top