Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2013, 08:47 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Purple - Who are these Fundamentalist corporate machine masters? I have no clue who are talking about.

Red - Attack?? Not really - but from your perspective, I can understand your sentiment since I am using the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God (Eph. 6:17).

Blue - Again - you spend to much time in your head dreaming up scenarios. You have your own theology. People who take the Bible literally are programmed by some corporate machine. I don't know where you get this stuff.

Teal - In your case, you are on target. Don't extrapolate that to everyone.

Let me ask you a question - where is God in all of your theology? I look at your last paragraph - and it's all about people - the rabid fundamentalists, the hypocrites, the elitists, - seems like you have had a bunch of bad experiences with people and have checked out into your own theology because it makes sense to you. And it seems like you are putting God in that same category - He can't be trusted, this stuff in the Bible ain't true, choosing to believe in scientists because they must be smart and do research...

If you say you are a believer, what is real that is in the Bible that you put your faith in?
Oh Jesus help me!!

Rob, I can't.....I just can't......go on dealing with you. Your questions....your statements....(shakes head in utter disbelief) I just ........can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 09:23 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Oh Jesus help me!!

Rob, I can't.....I just can't......go on dealing with you. Your questions....your statements....(shakes head in utter disbelief) I just ........can't.
Just answer this...

If you say you are a believer, what is real that is in the Bible that you put your faith in?

EDIT: I can't totally let you off the hook. Who are the Fundamentalist corporate machine masters? Who programs us? These are your statements. Let's go - back them up.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 06-20-2013 at 09:32 AM..

Old 06-20-2013, 10:34 AM

796 posts, read 858,761 times
Quote:
Just answer this...

EDIT: I can't totally let you off the hook. Who are the Fundamentalist corporate machine masters? Who programs us? These are your statements. Let's go - back them up.
He just labels all Christians as Fundamentalist to, in his eyes, discredit and belittle Christians and God. Pay him no attention for he has an agenda and you need to keep yourself above such people.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:49 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,379,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
He just labels all Christians as Fundamentalist to, in his eyes, discredit and belittle Christians and God.
Not that I entirely agree with his approach or some of the things he's pointing out..but in the words of Kevin Spacey's Lex Luther...WRRONNG! ;p

It should be obvious from his posts that he is not trying to belittle ALL Christians or God...just the robots who never question anything in the mainstream.

Last edited by Jrhockney; 06-20-2013 at 11:02 AM..

Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Not that I entirely agree with his approach or some of the things he's pointing out..but in the words of Kevin Spacey's Lex Luther...WRRONNG! ;p

It should be obvious from his posts that he is not trying to belittle ALL Christians or God...just the robots who never question anything in the mainstream.
Since Thrill won't answer, maybe you will.

robots... mainstream... Fundamentalist corporate machine masters... Who's controlling the agenda? What is the mainstream? No one is giving me answers.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:41 AM

63,811 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
He just labels all Christians as Fundamentalist to, in his eyes, discredit and belittle Christians and God. Pay him no attention for he has an agenda and you need to keep yourself above such people.
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain . . . just listen to the Wizard."

Old 06-20-2013, 11:51 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,379,980 times
Quote:
Since Thrill won't answer, maybe you will.

robots... mainstream... Fundamentalist corporate machine masters... Who's controlling the agenda? What is the mainstream? No one is giving me answers.
Ignorant Fundamentalist! Its obviously the Romulans teamed up with the Klingons and the Illuminati after they discovered the Dark side of the Force!...

I'm not sure I can give you too many specifics since I only partially agree with the statement "Fundamentalist corporate machine masters" but I would say much of TBN, the Pat Robertsons of TV, most Mega Church Pastors, and the denominational associations that their Churches are based upon. The last one on that list is a big one and I've been on staff at Churches before to see it for myself. I don't know how "linked together" in terms of some specific Corporate Machine they are, but they do tend to fall in to step with eachother to some degree iin terms of certain absolutes in terms of condemning any form of certain Christian-based religious ideas (like UR for example) and often in terms of politics.

Last edited by Jrhockney; 06-20-2013 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: added the last part for clarification and specifics

Old 06-20-2013, 11:54 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Ignorant Fundamentalist! Its obviously the Romulans teamed up with the Klingons and the Illuminati after they discovered the Dark side of the Force!...
Now that's funny.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:23 PM

63,811 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Now that's funny.
But the thinga ma bob that does the job is "Bibbity Bobbity Boo!"

Old 06-20-2013, 12:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Now that's funny.
Luke 531 is that you? "It's not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick."
Grace that pardons and cleanses within is greater than the "darkness" of sin.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity