Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 12:15 PM

794 posts, read 841,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Because God sees the end from the beginning, in God's eyes it is finished, yes. But in our individual experience, it is not finished until we are made into the image of God by the power of Christ working in and through us.
The sin nature will remain in all believers until we receive our new bodies in the rapture. You cannot be perfect in your behavior when you're still encased in a body that has the sin nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 12:19 PM

817 posts, read 735,326 times
A lie. Jesus said "go and sin no more," several times during his ministry, showing he knew it was possible.

Ok now I am really done writing to you.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:25 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
The sin nature will remain in all believers until we receive our new bodies in the rapture. You cannot be perfect in your behavior when you're still encased in a body that has the sin nature.

Regardless of when our "sin nature" is overcome once and for all, whether it is before or after our physical death, the point is that until that time salvation is not complete in our experience, aisi.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWitnesses View Post
A lie. Jesus said "go and sin no more," several times during his ministry, showing he knew it was possible.

Ok now I am really done writing to you.
Jesus said that after giving the gift of no condemnation. You cannot go and sin no more when you feel condemned. Jesus gave the woman caught in adultery the gift of no condemnation and that EMPOWERED her to go and sin no more. She still felt accused, guilty, and in shame until Jesus Himself said, "Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more."

You say you're done writing to me because that is the power of God's grace over your wrong belief.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:39 PM

I'll repost this from my earlier post, because it's the truth:

To him who has ears to hear (and not all of us do):

Right belief does not produce right living automatically...because the REALITY is...that even when people say they believe and they accept Christ...in many cases it still takes a long time (and in some cases many years) for them to SURRENDER to his will. Once you surrender to Christ and God's will, then yes, what you are saying can occur. But the reality is (and this is provable)...you can know in your heart it is true, and you can BELIEVE, but that is NOT the same as the type of surrender that leads to true repentance and transcendence.

THIS IS HOW IT PLAYS OUT IN THE REAL WORLD.

Anyone who does not understand this, does not understand what is necessary for Salvation. It's just more and more excuses...like anyone else in denial.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:50 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,765,505 times
Quote:
Jesus said that after giving the gift of no condemnation. You cannot go and sin no more when you feel condemned. Jesus gave the woman caught in adultery the gift of no condemnation and that EMPOWERED her to go and sin no more. She still felt accused, guilty, and in shame until Jesus Himself said, "Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more."

You say you're done writing to me because that is the power of God's grace over your wrong belief.
No. Jesus said it because it is possible and He tells His true followers how in the secrets He buried in His word.

Here is another instance where Jesus said to go and sin no more.

John 5:5
Now a certain man was there who had an infirmity thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been in that condition a long time, He said to him, "Do you want to be made well?" The sick man answered Him, "Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps down before me." Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your bed and walk." And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked. And that day was the Sabbath. The Jews therefore said to him who was cured, "It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to carry your bed." He answered them, "He who made me well said to me, 'Take up your bed and walk.'" Then they asked him, "Who is the Man who said to you, 'Take up your bed and walk'?" But the one who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, a multitude being in that place. Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, "See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you."

Scripture also says; "The wicked will not stand in judgment nor sinners in the company of the righteous."

Old 06-20-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWitnesses View Post
I'll repost this from my earlier post, because it's the truth:

To him who has ears to hear (and not all of us do):

Right belief does not produce right living automatically...because the REALITY is...that even when people say they believe and they accept Christ...in many cases it still takes a long time (and in some cases many years) for them to SURRENDER to his will. Once you surrender to Christ and God's will, then yes, what you are saying can occur. But the reality is (and this is provable)...you can know in your heart it is true, and you can BELIEVE, but that is NOT the same as the type of surrender that leads to true repentance and transcendence.

THIS IS HOW IT PLAYS OUT IN THE REAL WORLD.

Anyone who does not understand this, does not understand what is necessary for Salvation. It's just more and more excuses...like anyone else in denial.
Without the shedding of blood there can be no atonement for sins. What was necessary for salvation has already been done. Its up to us to believe in that finished work. You're trying to finish a work that is already finished. You're trying to pay a debt that has already been paid. Believe that God is that good. The Hebrews Moses brought out of Egypt didn't believe God was that good as to bring them to the promised land and what did God say? He swore by His wrath that they will not enter into His REST to those who believe not. All because they didn't believe God was that good. They didn't believe God would live up to His word, accusing God of being a liar. It broke His heart. And look what happened to them in the dessert because of WRONG belief.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:05 PM

You have nothing at all to back up what you are saying. It's all propaganda..and it's a joke.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Without the shedding of blood there can be no atonement for sins. What was necessary for salvation has already been done. Its up to us to believe in that finished work. You're trying to finish a work that is already finished. You're trying to pay a debt that has already been paid. Believe that God is that good. The Hebrews Moses brought out of Egypt didn't believe God was that good as to bring them to the promised land and what did God say? He swore by His wrath that they will not enter into His REST to those who believe not. All because they didn't believe God was that good. They didn't believe God would live up to His word, accusing God of being a liar. It broke His heart. And look what happened to them in the dessert because of WRONG belief.
None of this is a valid argument addressing what I said happens in the real world.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:07 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times
Quote:

There is no debt to be paid. God is not holding our sins against us. Salvation isn't about appeasing God, it's about God's S/spirit in us overcoming our sin and freeing us, once and for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity