U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2007, 07:55 AM
 
Location: All around the world.....
2,886 posts, read 7,366,528 times
Reputation: 1044

Advertisements

We do use wisdom when speaking to people who are mature in their faith. But it isn't the wisdom of this world or of its rulers, who will soon disappear. We speak of God's hidden and mysterious wisdom that God decided to use for our glory long before the world began. The rulers of this world didn't know anything about this wisdom. If they had known about it, they would not have nailed the glorious Lord to a cross.

I make liars of false prophets and fools of fortunetellers. I take human wisdom and turn it into nonsense. (Is 44:25 CEV)
I make fools of fortunetellers and frustrate the predictions of astrologers. The words of the wise I refute and show that their wisdom is foolishness. (Is 44:25 GNB)


He upsets the plans of cunning people, and traps the wise in their own schemes, so that nothing they do succeeds; Even at noon they grope in the darkness.Job 5:12CEV
Don't fool yourselves; If any of you think you are wise in the things of this world; you will have to become foolish before you can become wise, because God considers the wisdom of this world to be foolish. It is just as the scriptures say; "God catches the wise when they try to "outsmart him".
ICorinthians 3-18 CEV

The worldly wise man must become a fool to become really wise
18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.


21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; 22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; 23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.
1 Cor 3:18-23 (KJV)
VAs God says in the Scriptures,
"I will destroy the wisdom of all who claim to be wise.
I will confuse those who think they know so much."

Excerpts from I Corinthians
What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2007, 08:15 AM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,307,034 times
Reputation: 1423
imho we don't know anything, if we think we do we are just deluded.

Sacred scriptures and comandments were given to us for a reason, that's where God's wisdom is, if we stick to them we are safe. Because they were given to us to release us from suffering and disease be it physical, mental or spiritual.

Love and Light!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 08:20 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,532,141 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by Travelling fella
Quote:
imho we don't know anything, if we think we do we are just deluded.
So if you know to know nothing, it also cannot be true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 08:40 AM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,307,034 times
Reputation: 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Travelling fella So if you know to know nothing, it also cannot be true?
what is truth?

imho God is nothing but truth and righteousness, I haven't met God yet, so how can I know anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 08:46 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,532,141 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by Travelling fella
Quote:
imho God is nothing but truth and righteousness, I haven't met God yet, so how can I know anything?
So you doubt people who claim to know that 4+4=8?
Or do you believe that 4+4 can only be 8 because God allows it so, but if God changed His mind 4+4 could be 18?
I mean how do you know the difference between human wisdom and the wisdom of God if you cannot know anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 09:10 AM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,307,034 times
Reputation: 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Travelling fellaSo you doubt people who claim to know that 4+4=8?
Or do you believe that 4+4 can only be 8 because God allows it so, but if God changed His mind 4+4 could be 18?
I mean how do you know the difference between human wisdom and the wisdom of God if you cannot know anything?
Good question Tricky!!

Well, imho this is nothing but a cosmic illusion created by God, he gave us the sacred scriptures to provide us with some hints to solve this cosmic game and complete it so we can finally return to him.

Quote:
1:27. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Et creavit Deus hominem ad imaginem suam ad imaginem Dei creavit illum masculum et feminam creavit eos


imho, this means that our souls are God's image, this meaning that they are already endowed with all his wisdom and the tools we need to finish this cosmic game.

When our souls get encased in these imperfect fleshy containers (our bodies) our souls become identified with our bodies and the senses thus creating Ego or the pseudosoul.

our egoes are nothing but fools who delude us into thinking we know, but they know nothing because all the wisdom is already contained into our souls, we just need to awake them, trying to concentrate in God and not in the senses, to do this we need to retire our attention from them.

if we are able to do it and the senses are turned off, then intuition which is the soul's sense will be turned on, God can't be understood by our limited and human reason, but we can get to know him and awake from this cosmic dream by our intuition.

If we let our egoes to fool us and fall into the trap of pride, we'll have to learn from painful experience (become foolish) to become wise

Quote:
Job 5:12CEV Don't fool yourselves; If any of you think you are wise in the things of this world; you will have to become foolish before you can become wise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 09:19 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,532,141 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by Travelling fella
Quote:
if we are able to do it and the senses are turned off, then intuition which is the soul's sense will be turned on, God can't be understood by our limited and human reason, but we can get to know him and awake from this cosmic dream by our intuition.
I dunno.
My instincts, or intuition, work fine with my logic. It certainly is true that I trust my intuition over my logic, but the fact that my intuition contradicts my logic rarely ever happens outside my 'depressions'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 09:34 AM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,307,034 times
Reputation: 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Travelling fella I dunno.
My instincts, or intuition, work fine with my logic. It certainly is true that I trust my intuition over my logic, but the fact that my intuition contradicts my logic rarely ever happens outside my 'depressions'.
We need to be in peace for intuition to work, and the only way to develop our intuition is by concentration in God, one of the characteristics of the Spirit is Peace that's why when you are depressed you are out of tune with Spirit and your intuition stops working properly.

Intuition is flawless but only when it is fully developed.

Usually when reason and intuition work together, the logic conclusions you have are the voice of intuition (imho)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 09:39 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,532,141 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by Travelling fella
Quote:
We need to be in peace for intuition to work, and the only way to develop our intuition is by concentration in God, one of the characteristics of the Spirit is Peace that's why when you are depressed you are out of tune with Spirit and your intuition stops working properly.
No, I'm only depressed when I've got ambivalent feelings. It only means that I have to take time to make a well reasoned decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 04:02 PM
 
Location: NC
11,918 posts, read 13,828,555 times
Reputation: 1323
Quote:
We do use wisdom when speaking to people who are mature in their faith. But it isn't the wisdom of this world or of its rulers, who will soon disappear. We speak of God's hidden and mysterious wisdom that God decided to use for our glory long before the world began. The rulers of this world didn't know anything about this wisdom. If they had known about it, they would not have nailed the glorious Lord to a cross.

I make liars of false prophets and fools of fortunetellers. I take human wisdom and turn it into nonsense. (Is 44:25 CEV)
I make fools of fortunetellers and frustrate the predictions of astrologers. The words of the wise I refute and show that their wisdom is foolishness. (Is 44:25 GNB)

He upsets the plans of cunning people, and traps the wise in their own schemes, so that nothing they do succeeds; Even at noon they grope in the darkness.Job 5:12CEV
Don't fool yourselves; If any of you think you are wise in the things of this world; you will have to become foolish before you can become wise, because God considers the wisdom of this world to be foolish. It is just as the scriptures say; "God catches the wise when they try to "outsmart him".
ICorinthians 3-18 CEV

The worldly wise man must become a fool to become really wise
18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.


21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; 22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; 23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.
1 Cor 3:18-23 (KJV)
VAs God says in the Scriptures,
"I will destroy the wisdom of all who claim to be wise.
I will confuse those who think they know so much."
Excerpts from I Corinthians

This means to me that the knowledge and wisdom that is valued in the world is not true wisdom. If is is not from God, it is of no real value. All who claim to be wise in this respect will be defeated. God will ultimately show what real or true wisdom is. All truth and all wisdom is found in God and the only wisdom that we believers have comes from God. Many of the verses shared speak to the sovereignty of God over man:

"I will make liars..."

"I take human wisdom..."

"I make fools..."

"I will destroy..."

"I will confuse.."

God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top