U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 10:26 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,246,552 times

Advertisements

My personal testimony of Jesus Christ that is so profound in my heart of why I believe, in a God who loves us so unconditionally.
One day I was traveling with a friend back to our town from a work related trip. We were visiting and enjoying our time together.
Well it had started to snow and at this point of time when this incident happen there was approximately 3 to 5 inches of snow on the road. I believe my friend was traveling somewhere between 30 to 40 mph. Then all of a sudden out of no where came a deer down the side of the mountain on the right side of the vehicle. It all happen so quickly, yet it was like time had stood still! The experience was beyond anything my mind could ever comprehend.
We should of hit the deer, there was no doubt. But it was like something picked the deer up and removed it out of the way! My friend's reaction was slamming on the breaks! Which on a road covered with snow should of put us in a spin that she could not control. But we came to a complete stop, just as the deer leaped in front of us. At that moment was a presence- a peace beyond all understanding. All I knew was in that moment and presence nothing mattered in a instant, life or death. It was like we were in a bubble and nothing could touch us. My friend said to me what was that and how? It was a power beyond human touch, reasoning and etc.
Every since then I have experienced the God of Jesus Christ. So I guess in words I heard the music the band was playing that day but what I saw by faith was the Conductor who brings it all together.
I can not prove to no one the song God is playing to all through His precious Son, Whom is the testimony above all of Who He is.
It belongs to the heart who will seek Him and He is faithful and will reveal Himself to them who ask Him! I believe this with all my heart.
God Bless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 10:48 AM

2,800 posts, read 9,264,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
For the sharp and flat notes, you can look at this in two different lights.

#1 Good and evil, pleasure and pain, bliss and suffering, God and satan. If one was to only experience the good, pleasure and bliss without experiencing the pain and suffering, how would we know there was any other choice to make? Without the seasons of pain and suffering, one wouldn't fully be capable of enjoying and fully comprehend the seasons of pleasure and bliss in our lives. Without the the mountains to climb, we would never be able to fully see the views that God put out there for us.
To put it more simply...If you lived in Seattle, you would completely relish and embrace the days of sunshine. If you live in Arizona, you embrace the days of rain. If we're too familiar with ONE "norm" we EMBRACE the "different". If your life was just peachy 100% of the time, you would never grow, you would never learn, you would never become stronger and learn how to overcome barriers and obstacles. No one ever "wants" to feel pain, but this pain helps us to embrace the good things in life when they come our way.

#2 The sharps and flats of knowing God: As stated above, God gives us many mountains to climb, but He also gives us just as many valleys as well as all the beautiful scenery in between. While He may let us fall flat on our faces more times than we would care to count, He also picks us up and puts us back on the path...but each time we are better and stronger than ever before. While during the "sharp" times we may feel very overwhelmed and even hopeless at times, when we get back to the "flats" we are stronger, more determined AND more prepared for the next "sharp" in our life.
Of course, in this analogy, I am using "sharp" as being the pain and suffering and the flats as being the times of peace.
I forgot to add a couple of things...mainly about how I know it's God.

Please keep in mind this is only MY personal little view of things and may sound pretty abstract, or even STUPID to some:

It has always made sense to me that if there was no God and no satan, that would also mean there would be no good or bad...no sense of right and wrong. I am NOT saying that atheists don't know the difference between good and bad, nor am I saying that atheists cannot be "moral". We've been down that road before and, by now, everyone should know that I would NEVER say/assume such a thing...it's totally absurd. Whether a person believes in God or not, God STILL instilled the same moral values since the beginning of time.
Anyway, it seems to me that without God or satan, there would be a sense of indifference. God and satan has originated good and evil. Without them, we would know no different. We would just "be".

How do I know it comes from God? There really is nothing logical that I or any other believer can say to explain how we KNOW it's God. Some people tend to believe that Christians lack logic and atheists lack faith. I believe that if we were to just reconcile the two, we would have a much better view of the world AND God!

Old 11-08-2007, 10:50 AM

3,684 posts, read 10,984,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
For the sharp and flat notes, you can look at this in two different lights.

#1 Good and evil, pleasure and pain, bliss and suffering, God and satan. If one was to only experience the good, pleasure and bliss without experiencing the pain and suffering, how would we know there was any other choice to make? Without the seasons of pain and suffering, one wouldn't fully be capable of enjoying and fully comprehend the seasons of pleasure and bliss in our lives. Without the the mountains to climb, we would never be able to fully see the views that God put out there for us.
To put it more simply...If you lived in Seattle, you would completely relish and embrace the days of sunshine. If you live in Arizona, you embrace the days of rain. If we're too familiar with ONE "norm" we EMBRACE the "different". If your life was just peachy 100% of the time, you would never grow, you would never learn, you would never become stronger and learn how to overcome barriers and obstacles. No one ever "wants" to feel pain, but this pain helps us to embrace the good things in life when they come our way.

#2 The sharps and flats of knowing God: As stated above, God gives us many mountains to climb, but He also gives us just as many valleys as well as all the beautiful scenery in between. While He may let us fall flat on our faces more times than we would care to count, He also picks us up and puts us back on the path...but each time we are better and stronger than ever before. While during the "sharp" times we may feel very overwhelmed and even hopeless at times, when we get back to the "flats" we are stronger, more determined AND more prepared for the next "sharp" in our life.
Of course, in this analogy, I am using "sharp" as being the pain and suffering and the flats as being the times of peace.
So wanted to rep you for this but "it" has me blocked. I think however you just explained what most Christians refer to as the fall of man, or at least you did to me.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:00 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,194,906 times
I believe and I really don't know why. So much of the bible and many of its followers are very confusing and conflict with my thought process yet I still have faith in my belief system.. and that system is that there is a higher being that I can't explain and that Jesus Christ is a piece of that being.

As such I believe in the concepts he taught regarding patience, helping others etc. Why? Because it spreads patience.. helping others.. etc..

In the end.. I could don't really ponder the other stuff.. I'm just a simpleton at heart.. Sometimes people make it too complicated.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:41 AM

13,566 posts, read 21,676,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I believe and I really don't know why. So much of the bible and many of its followers are very confusing and conflict with my thought process yet I still have faith in my belief system.. and that system is that there is a higher being that I can't explain and that Jesus Christ is a piece of that being.

As such I believe in the concepts he taught regarding patience, helping others etc. Why? Because it spreads patience.. helping others.. etc..

In the end.. I could don't really ponder the other stuff.. I'm just a simpleton at heart.. Sometimes people make it too complicated.
I agree, Big Thirsty, and just would add, that to me it is more or less a personal relationship that a person has to want for themselves and no amount of talking, preaching, or sharing your beliefs or answering questions, or trying to explain your faith will ever allow you to "change a person"..You can show that person your love, friendship and understanding, but you cannot show them your faith or belief because you cannot prove that and ultimately that is what they are looking for..a sign, a scientific proof...A believer can only pray for his unbelieving friends..You know, Thirsty, I have many many friends who are unbelievers and I never try to change them, because of what I have just posted here in answer to your post..and it makes me feel...soo...helpless.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:05 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,194,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I agree, Big Thirsty, and just would add, that to me it is more or less a personal relationship that a person has to want for themselves and no amount of talking, preaching, or sharing your beliefs or answering questions, or trying to explain your faith will ever allow you to "change a person"..You can show that person your love, friendship and understanding, but you cannot show them your faith or belief because you cannot prove that and ultimately that is what they are looking for..a sign, a scientific proof...A believer can only pray for his unbelieving friends..You know, Thirsty, I have many many friends who are unbelievers and I never try to change them, because of what I have just posted here in answer to your post..and it makes me feel...soo...helpless.
If Blue agrees with me then I know I'm on the right path!

Blue don't feel helpless.. you never know what is in somebody's heart and soul. Maybe deep down they do believe.. but outwardly they don't. Ya just never know.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:07 PM

1,433 posts, read 3,521,876 times
I agree Blue, never feel helpless...as you will never know all the lives you touch by just being you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity