Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:33 PM

249 posts, read 312,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Don't be bothered by the fact that the Tribulational martyrs in heaven will inquire as they cry out in a loud voice when God will avenge them. They wish to be vindicated. As well, they are asking on behalf of God's justice and honor. For God has promised that He will avenge them.
Luke 18:7 now, will not God bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them? 8] "I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"

1 Thess. 1:6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7] and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8] dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9] These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
As far as perception of time in heaven, there is the mention in Revelation 8:1 of silence in heaven for about half an hour when Jesus broke the seventh seal. While time exists why should time not pass at the same rate in heaven as on earth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Why would you read this as if it is a literal statement of what is going on in heaven? Were the souls under the altar crying out to God when the passage was written? Are they still crying out? Have you considered that this passage may be a way of addressing the fact that people have been crying out to God night and day about the problem of death and suffering since time began and will continue to do so until death is abolished?
No i hadn't. So thanks for bringing that to my attention: ) Great post!

Old 06-26-2013, 12:59 PM

796 posts, read 858,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscombobulateYa View Post
I believe God's Word is inerrant bro! So just relax a little bit a take a chill pill: )lol...It's ok to question God. The for the martyred saints in that very passage are questioning Him.

God bless...
Brian
I was just trying to find out where you were coming from before engaging the issue. Too many come on here to bait an argument and being so laid back I don't want to get into that. If I chill any more I will go to sleep! You misinterpreted my statement altogether based on your reply.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:55 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
LOL!

Great lead-in to the punch line!
Emphasis on the word PUNCH?

Old 06-26-2013, 02:10 PM

God's vindication for the martyred saints or any believer for that matter,was taken out upon Jesus when He was slaughtered on the Cross for theirs,and our sins.

-Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
-Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:29 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
LOL!

Great lead-in to the punch line!
Do you have a point to your silly outburst?

Old 06-26-2013, 02:43 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Why would you read this as if it is a literal statement of what is going on in heaven? Were the souls under the altar crying out to God when the passage was written? Are they still crying out? Have you considered that this passage may be a way of addressing the fact that people have been crying out to God night and day about the problem of death and suffering since time began and will continue to do so until death is abolished?
Excellent point! -- Sometimes when we consider the End Time Prophecy of Revelation, it's easy to lose sight of the 'time frame' and context. After all, John was being shown selected heavenly scenes/visions that would not occur for at least two-thousand years. (If 'time' as we understand it even exists in heaven).

In addition to completing the revelation of God's plan and purpose for creation of man and earth, these and other End Time visions answer questions asked by believers down through the ages: (1) Where are those (or the souls of those) who have given their lives for the cause of Christ down through the ages? (2) Does God simply forget or overlook the persecution and murder of His people throughout history; and automatically forgive their persecutors and murderers? (3) Will there really be a final judgment or reckoning at the end?, (4) Will this world continue on indefinitely or has God ordained a specific time when His 'plan' will be complete?, (5) Are the 'saints/believers' in heaven ... in regular communication with God?, (6) Are things that occurred during our lives on earth simply forgotten in heaven?, (7) Does God really have everything under control? etc. etc.

Last edited by jghorton; 06-26-2013 at 03:03 PM..

Old 06-26-2013, 02:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Do you have a point to your silly outburst?
Yes.

My point is, your posts are often entertaining.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:01 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Yes.

My point is, your posts are often entertaining.
Fill me in. What did I say that was particularly entertaining?

Old 06-26-2013, 03:49 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscombobulateYa View Post
God's vindication for the martyred saints or any believer for that matter,was taken out upon Jesus when He was slaughtered on the Cross for theirs,and our sins.

-Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
-Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
If this is in reply to what I said in post #8 concerning the matter of 'vindication', then your comment indicates that you are ignoring what is said in Luke 18:7 and 2 Thess. 1:6-9.
Luke 18:7 now, will not God bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them? 8] "I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"

1 Thess. 2:6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7] and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8] dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9] These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
To that I will add Romans 12:19.
Romans 12:19 Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord.
God will balance the scales of justice. It is God who will repay, for judgment belongs to the Lord.

What the martyred Tribulational saints are asking in Revelation 6:10 is when God will judge those who murdered them. When God makes an unconditional promise He is obligated by His faithfulness to His own intregrity to keep that promise. And God has promised to bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night (Luke 18:7).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity