U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-25-2013, 01:17 PM
 
Location: Hopewell Va.
257 posts, read 247,801 times
Reputation: 151

Advertisements

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

"How long"...Seems to suggest that perception of time in heaven is pretty much the same as here on earth. If GOD is the Self-Existent Eternal NOW GOD. It's must be NOW in heaven,and as it is NOW here on earth. And also that their understanding,and knowledge of things have yet to be glorified. Also that people in heaven still cry. Raises a lot more unsettled questions than it does consolation, in my mind at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-25-2013, 01:25 PM
 
Location: In a state of Grace
796 posts, read 670,500 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscombobulateYa View Post
Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

"How long"...Seems to suggest that perception of time in heaven is pretty much the same as here on earth. If GOD is the Self-Existent Eternal NOW GOD. It's must be NOW in heaven,and as it is NOW here on earth. And also that their understanding,and knowledge of things have yet to be glorified. Also that people in heaven still cry. Raises a lot more unsettled questions than it does consolation, in my mind at least.
So do you believe the bible is God's inerrant word?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2013, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Hopewell Va.
257 posts, read 247,801 times
Reputation: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
So do you believe the bible is God's inerrant word?
Yeah...but verses such as these. Make me truly question it i believe that JESUS is the SON of GOD,and HE is my saviour,and i'll always believe that. Only the LIVING CHRIST BY HIS SPIRIT, outside of a Book can truly save me anyways
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2013, 08:51 PM
 
Location: In a state of Grace
796 posts, read 670,500 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscombobulateYa View Post
Yeah...but verses such as these. Make me truly question it i believe that JESUS is the SON of GOD,and HE is my saviour,and i'll always believe that. Only the LIVING CHRIST BY HIS SPIRIT, outside of a Book can truly save me anyways
So you question God's word rather than believe it as His inerrant word! If you don't believe it then why does it bother you?

Also how would you have even known about Jesus if it were not for the words God had written down about Him for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Status: "Phlegmatic." (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,439 posts, read 12,124,012 times
Reputation: 10686
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
So you question God's word rather than believe it as His inerrant word! If you don't believe it then why does it bother you?
Exactly.

If it bothers you, don't believe it.

Trust your inner knowing.

That trumps whatever others tell you to believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2013, 09:07 PM
 
2,531 posts, read 1,945,002 times
Reputation: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscombobulateYa View Post
Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

"How long"...Seems to suggest that perception of time in heaven is pretty much the same as here on earth. If GOD is the Self-Existent Eternal NOW GOD. It's must be NOW in heaven,and as it is NOW here on earth. And also that their understanding,and knowledge of things have yet to be glorified. Also that people in heaven still cry. Raises a lot more unsettled questions than it does consolation, in my mind at least.
I don't think it means cry as with tears but rather loudly as this and other scripture demonstrate.
LK 23:18 "And they cried out all at once, saying, Away with this man, and release unto us Barabbas:"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2013, 09:14 PM
 
2,531 posts, read 1,945,002 times
Reputation: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
So you question God's word rather than believe it as His inerrant word! If you don't believe it then why does it bother you?

Also how would you have even known about Jesus if it were not for the words God had written down about Him for you?
Why shouldn't he question what it means as we all do if we don't understand something. It doesn't mean he rejects everything.

God is not in the business of forcing people to understand but is patient and longsuffering as we all should be. I for one do not fully understand those scriptures he talks about but that does not lead me to reject them or other scriptures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2013, 10:10 PM
 
20,323 posts, read 15,683,103 times
Reputation: 7441
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscombobulateYa View Post
Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

"How long"...Seems to suggest that perception of time in heaven is pretty much the same as here on earth. If GOD is the Self-Existent Eternal NOW GOD. It's must be NOW in heaven,and as it is NOW here on earth. And also that their understanding,and knowledge of things have yet to be glorified. Also that people in heaven still cry. Raises a lot more unsettled questions than it does consolation, in my mind at least.
Don't be bothered by the fact that the Tribulational martyrs in heaven will inquire as they cry out in a loud voice when God will avenge them. They wish to be vindicated. As well, they are asking on behalf of God's justice and honor. For God has promised that He will avenge them.
Luke 18:7 now, will not God bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them? 8] "I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"

1 Thess. 1:6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7] and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8] dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9] These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
As far as perception of time in heaven, there is the mention in Revelation 8:1 of silence in heaven for about half an hour when Jesus broke the seventh seal. While time exists why should time not pass at the same rate in heaven as on earth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2013, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,577,539 times
Reputation: 1584
Why would you read this as if it is a literal statement of what is going on in heaven? Were the souls under the altar crying out to God when the passage was written? Are they still crying out? Have you considered that this passage may be a way of addressing the fact that people have been crying out to God night and day about the problem of death and suffering since time began and will continue to do so until death is abolished?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2013, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,577,539 times
Reputation: 1584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Don't be bothered by the fact that the Tribulational martyrs in heaven will inquire as they cry out in a loud voice when God will avenge them. They wish to be vindicated. As well, they are asking on behalf of God's justice and honor. For God has promised that He will avenge them.
Luke 18:7 now, will not God bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them? 8] "I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"

1 Thess. 1:6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7] and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8] dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9] These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
As far as perception of time in heaven, there is the mention in Revelation 8:1 of silence in heaven for about half an hour when Jesus broke the seventh seal. While time exists why should time not pass at the same rate in heaven as on earth?
We ALL want to be vindicated, Mike, do we not? But does Christ speak of vindictiveness? Nay. This vengeance you speak of is what death accomplishes. All are appointed to it. There is only one way of of this troubled world - through DEATH. God is the consuming fire and no mortal can endure his full presence. In other words, his PURITY is DEADLY to mortal men who are still subjected to death. This is UNIVERSAL.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top