Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:43 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times

Advertisements

What are your views on the Great Tribulation and the Rapture? Will there be a pre -tribulation rapture or a post -tribulation rapture ? Will there be a mid-tribulation rapture ?

Will Christians go through the Great Tribulation ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 12:17 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Since I don't believe in an afterlife, I see no reason to believe in the rapture either.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:41 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
What are your views on the Great Tribulation and the Rapture? Will there be a pre -tribulation rapture or a post -tribulation rapture ? Will there be a mid-tribulation rapture ?

Will Christians go through the Great Tribulation ?
U know I have heard it preached both ways...rapture before the great tribulation and afterward. I have also heard it preached as pre-tribulation and a second rapture mid tribulation. It seems to me each time I have heard it preached I did not disagree in either case. I am sure hoping for pre-tribulaation rapture. BUT whatever the case Christians be ready!

Old 11-07-2007, 01:43 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Since I don't believe in an afterlife, I see no reason to believe in the rapture either.
U may not believe, but what if u r wrong...

Old 11-07-2007, 04:45 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by sun queen
Quote:
U may not believe, but what if u r wrong...
Then I'm wrong.
I just do not live my life 'to get ahead' in the afterlife. So in my case the afterlife cannot be used as a reward.
I do not try to be good out of fear of ending up in hell, I find that only to be self-centred.
I try to be good because being good is its own reward.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:25 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
I agree with Tricky. If what you do is because you are looking to be rewarded after death, then you are on the wrong road.

The Good Works may be there, but the heart isn't in the right place. Ask yourself if you would live the kind of life that you do if your church and those around you, were not looking over your shoulder. Would you behave the same way if no one was looking and no one would ever know?

Tricky and I may both be wrong.......but what if you are?

And frankly, I don't believe in the Rapture at all.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:11 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
1 Thessalonians 4:13-17: "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Im a pre-trib Rapture believer.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:24 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,815 times
I Thessalonians 4:13-18 (NIV) -- "Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words."

See also John 14:1-3 and John 11:25-26.

This is God's word that tells me believers in Christ will be raptured. I believe we will be raptured pre-trib, because God protects those who chose him from his wrath. Noah et. all were called into the ark to escape the wrath of the Flood. Lot and his family were allowed to leave Sodom & Gamorrah before their destruction. So, I believe we follower and believers in Christ will be called up into the clouds before the great tribulation begins. It can also be said the rapture could prompt the beginning of the tribulation because of all the chaos that would ensure following the "disapperance" of so many believers all over the world.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:25 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
So...Arguy, is this one of the verses that is saying that you don't go to heaven when you die, you just sleep until the Rapture?

Old 11-07-2007, 07:35 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Question Pre, post, mid....???????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
U know I have heard it preached both ways...rapture before the great tribulation and afterward. I have also heard it preached as pre-tribulation and a second rapture mid tribulation. It seems to me each time I have heard it preached I did not disagree in either case. I am sure hoping for pre-tribulaation rapture. BUT whatever the case Christians be ready!
Yep, heard arguments from both sides of the fence and this is one of those controversial areas of potential disagreement among Christians. As sun queen noted, I think a case could be mounted either way. Personally, I have studied the scriptures relating to this and I believe in a post-tribulation rapture. I just don't see any compelling reason to believe that the 2nd coming of Jesus and the rapture are 2 separate events. Especially if you examine what Jesus says about His return in the gospels.

If God's taking a vote, I vote for pre-trib, however! But, seriously, as sun queen said, those of us who believe need to have lives ready to meet the Lord at any time because we are not promised tomorrow anyway and for any one of us, it could be "showtime" for us personally tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity