Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 03:38 AM

4 posts, read 3,180 times

Advertisements

Religion provides a set of principles and standards to which followers must adhere to. I belong to a religion. I follow its rules, thus, I can say that I trust it - yet, I trust more with the faith I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 05:24 AM

796 posts, read 858,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
You are right in that I thought it was a loaded question as well. In fact it was on the cover of a Jehovah's Witness Magazine. The first thing to came to my mind was are they asking us to question our religion to see whether or not it's a religion that we can trust or was it a question leaning toward their own belief that their religion can only be trusted over the many. Either way it goes, my point and motive behind asking this question is not put my trust in people and my religion. I simply trust God and what His Son Jesus the Christ has done for all of us.
WoW! JW's wanting people to question their religion. A JW would be dealt with harshly should they question their religion. That's how the cults keep you in line. They teach you that they are the mouth peace of God and to question them or their teaching is to question God.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:30 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,424,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
WoW! JW's wanting people to question their religion. A JW would be dealt with harshly should they question their religion. That's how the cults keep you in line. They teach you that they are the mouth peace of God and to question them or their teaching is to question God.
You are right, and that's why I started this thread simply to show how if one religion thinks that they can trust their religion over others, then where does Jesus fall into the equation. To me, it sounds like Jesus isn' t in the equation at all.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
You are right, and that's why I started this thread simply to show how if one religion thinks that they can trust their religion over others, then where does Jesus fall into the equation. To me, it sounds like Jesus isn' t in the equation at all.
Well your questions requires more information in order to even know what it is your calling "religion". Are you referring to what the individual believes? That is a persons religion. To not trust what you yourself have decided is correct and have chosen to believe does not even makes sense.

What you are really trying to ask is, for those who have joined an organization that has a set list of teachings and or beliefs, do you trust that organization?

You see for those of us who have not bought into an organization thinking that it can save us the question does not work as stated.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Well your questions requires more information in order to even know what it is your calling "religion". Are you referring to what the individual believes? That is a persons religion. To not trust what you yourself have decided is correct and have chosen to believe does not even makes sense.

What you are really trying to ask is, for those who have joined an organization that has a set list of teachings and or beliefs, do you trust that organization?

You see for those of us who have not bought into an organization thinking that it can save us the question does not work as stated.
I agree with you. I guess the magazine's article was a way to get the JW to dialogue with someone who probably left a previous religion or doubting whether the religion he is she is a member is truly worshiping God.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I agree with you. I guess the magazine's article was a way to get the JW to dialogue with someone who probably left a previous religion or doubting whether the religion he is she is a member is truly worshiping God.
Well of course. That's the entire purpose of those magazines and why they are there to start with.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:06 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
I don`t have a religion, I have faith in Christ alone. There is a world of difference between faith and religion!!!!

Old 07-09-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Well of course. That's the entire purpose of those magazines and why they are there to start with.
So if they cause a person to doubt their religion then they can get the person to doubt everything that their religion has taught them to believe. Thus, you have a bible study with the JW and bam! You have a new awakening and now you see the truth, as the JWs present it.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
So if they cause a person to doubt their religion then they can get the person to doubt everything that their religion has taught them to believe. Thus, you have a bible study with the JW and bam! You have a new awakening and now you see the truth, as the JWs present it.
I suppose it could go that way for you.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I don`t have a religion, I have faith in Christ alone. There is a world of difference between faith and religion!!!!
How can you not believe in whom you claim to have faith? The only way to have no religion is to not believe in anything. (Although I know what you really mean) I don't know why people want to deny they have a faith in God by claiming they have no religion. I suppose they are trying to please other men rather than God. I really don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity