Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 03:22 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,459 times

Advertisements

Salvation is not for sale but God requires water baptism to be saved---John 3:5.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires Sabbath rest to be saved---Hebrews 4.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to have Christian friends only----Matthew 7:6.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to submit to bible editing rules---Rev. 22:18-19.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to believe that Jesus is the Father too---John 8:24.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to live out all the bible for today----John 8:31.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to leave divorced people alone if we trying to have
a mate---Romans 7:2-3.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to leave the alcohol parties alone---1 Peter 4:1-4.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us not to be blood boasters only--Romans 6:1.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires more from us then the 10 commandments
only----1 Timothy 6.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires more from us then being a lover only---1 John 2:15.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to correct people with the bible when it's
necessary-----James 5:20.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to have all the bible for teaching
today----2 Timothy 3:16.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to select church leaders very
wisely and spiritually----Matthew 15:14.

Salvation is not for sale but God says a 100% bible believer is a Christian only---John 8:31.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to be content with our wages---Luke 3:14.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to know strangers with all the bible
today----1 Thess. 5:12.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to confess faith honestly----Romans 12:3.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires more from us then a few testimonies that
we have a relationship with Jesus Christ----Matthew 7:21-24.

Salvation is not for sale but God is saying his people will be outcasts in society
today---Matthew 10:34-37.

Salvation is not for sale but God is saying that Christians are not the most liked people
in the world today---Luke 6:26.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires modest attire if we saved---1 Peter 3:3.

Salvation is not for sale but God is saying that legalism in any of the bible is never
evil----Matthew 5:17.

Salvation is not for sale but God is saying that we're not under the law by Moses only
today---Matthew 5:17.

Salvation is not for sale but God is saying that the least of the commandments is
telling us to leave widow women under 60 alone if we trying to find a mate---1 Timothy 5:9 and
Matthew 5:17-20.

Salvation is not for sale but God is requiring us to let the bible teach all the bible
only---1 John 2:27.

Salvation is not for sale but God is requiring his intrepretation of all the bible
only----2 Peter 1:20-21.

Salvation is not for sale but God is saying that saints hear the biblical voice of God
after 2 warnings in the bible anywhere---Titus 3:10 and Romans 10:17.

Salvation is not for sale but saints buried their self wisdom and traded it in for God's
wisdom---Isaiah 64:6.

Salvation is not for sale but saints traded the wisdom of man for God's wisdom to
acquire-----Colossians 2:8.

Salvation is not for sale but saints gave up on knowing everything about anything---1 Cor. 8:2.

While a free gift doesn't need an animal or money now it does need obedience to the will of
God to get it-------Romans 6:1.

Actually I exaggerated we rob God if we neglect paying tithes and offerings today ---Malachi 3:8.

Obedience is obviously not about being a blood boaster only---Romans 6:1.

Obedience is obviously not about being a lover only----1 John 2:15.

Obedience is also supporting ministries conditional too--Galations 1:8-9.

Obedience is seeking theology unity with people enough----Amos 3:3.

Obedience is studying to know what we're talking about enough----2 Timothy 2:15.

Obedience is not giving generous to every bum on the street---2 Thess. 3:10.

Obedience is seeking out ministries that want to live out the tongue rules that God
requires in the church----ALL of 1 Cor. 14.

Obedience is seeking out ministries that want to live out women church rules in the body
of Christ----1 Cor. 14:34-35.

Obedience is having prayers for believers only---John 17:9.

Obedience is not having delusional traditions like the world with Christmas---John 4:24.

Obedience is actually leaving the law by Moses alone by leaving Easter alone---John 4:24.

Obedience is abolishing slavery and racial segregation but living out Christian segregation
at the same time---Ephesians 3:28 and 2 Cor. 6:14-17.

Obedience is depending on all the bible for every decision we make-----Matthew 4:4.

Obedience is treating all the bible like a map or compass to be successful----Psalms 119:105.

Obedience is being God wise and not self wise----Acts 17:28 and Jeremiah 10:23.

The bible says he that lose his life shall gain it and he that gain his life shall lose it.

What are we losing ? Wisdom of man
What are we gaining ? Wisdom of God
That's what successful people with God do !!

Delusional people do the opposite----John 8:32.

They compare the wisdom of man as the wisdom of God---John 8:32.
Wisdom of man is born to be a failure with God----Isaiah 64:6.
God exalts his wisdom over any witty man in the world----1 Cor. 1:25.

Our common sense wasn't born to impress God----Isaiah 64:6.
We reconcile to God with the wisdom of God----John 8:31.
The wisdom of God is not a love theology only----1 John 2:15.
Biblical revelation of all the wisdom of God will cover all the content in the
bible---2 Timothy 3:16.
All the wisdom of God is how we obey God----John 8:31.
All the wisdom of man is never how we obey God---Isaiah 64:6.
Mercy by God didn't take away legalism---Romans 6:1.
Mercy by God just introduce new legalism----Matthew 5.
Mercy today is just another personality of God today---2 Timothy 3:16.
Mercy in the past is introduction to the personality of God differently then---2 Timothy 3:16.

Again the goal is simple: Attracting 100% bible believers together ONLY---Psalms 133:1 and
John 8:31.

Let's get the sure facts of each other if we 100% bible believers----1 Thess. 5:12.

Let's mess with all the bible to do so------2 Timothy 3:16.

Let's do church right and not half hearted----Amos 3:3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 04:48 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,978,552 times
Well it doesn't cost anything Jesus already paid the price! All we have to do is deny ourselves and take up our cross Matt 16:24. We have to keep God's commandments (that means resist temptation, keep away from a sinful lifestyle) and we will see Jesus in peace!

Apostolic Pentecostal Believer in ONE God who's name was revealed to us as JESUS!

Old 07-02-2013, 04:48 PM

794 posts, read 846,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
Salvation is not for sale but God requires water baptism to be saved---John 3:5.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires Sabbath rest to be saved---Hebrews 4.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to have Christian friends only----Matthew 7:6.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to submit to bible editing rules---Rev. 22:18-19.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to believe that Jesus is the Father too---John 8:24.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to live out all the bible for today----John 8:31.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to leave divorced people alone if we trying to have
a mate---Romans 7:2-3.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to leave the alcohol parties alone---1 Peter 4:1-4.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us not to be blood boasters only--Romans 6:1.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires more from us then the 10 commandments
only----1 Timothy 6.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires more from us then being a lover only---1 John 2:15.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to correct people with the bible when it's
necessary-----James 5:20.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to have all the bible for teaching
today----2 Timothy 3:16.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to select church leaders very
wisely and spiritually----Matthew 15:14.

Salvation is not for sale but God says a 100% bible believer is a Christian only---John 8:31.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to be content with our wages---Luke 3:14.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to know strangers with all the bible
today----1 Thess. 5:12.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires us to confess faith honestly----Romans 12:3.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires more from us then a few testimonies that
we have a relationship with Jesus Christ----Matthew 7:21-24.

Salvation is not for sale but God is saying his people will be outcasts in society
today---Matthew 10:34-37.

Salvation is not for sale but God is saying that Christians are not the most liked people
in the world today---Luke 6:26.

Salvation is not for sale but God requires modest attire if we saved---1 Peter 3:3.

Salvation is not for sale but God is saying that legalism in any of the bible is never
evil----Matthew 5:17.

Salvation is not for sale but God is saying that we're not under the law by Moses only
today---Matthew 5:17.

Salvation is not for sale but God is saying that the least of the commandments is
telling us to leave widow women under 60 alone if we trying to find a mate---1 Timothy 5:9 and
Matthew 5:17-20.

Salvation is not for sale but God is requiring us to let the bible teach all the bible
only---1 John 2:27.

Salvation is not for sale but God is requiring his intrepretation of all the bible
only----2 Peter 1:20-21.

Salvation is not for sale but God is saying that saints hear the biblical voice of God
after 2 warnings in the bible anywhere---Titus 3:10 and Romans 10:17.

Salvation is not for sale but saints buried their self wisdom and traded it in for God's
wisdom---Isaiah 64:6.

Salvation is not for sale but saints traded the wisdom of man for God's wisdom to
acquire-----Colossians 2:8.

Salvation is not for sale but saints gave up on knowing everything about anything---1 Cor. 8:2.

While a free gift doesn't need an animal or money now it does need obedience to the will of
God to get it-------Romans 6:1.

Actually I exaggerated we rob God if we neglect paying tithes and offerings today ---Malachi 3:8.

Obedience is obviously not about being a blood boaster only---Romans 6:1.

Obedience is obviously not about being a lover only----1 John 2:15.

Obedience is also supporting ministries conditional too--Galations 1:8-9.

Obedience is seeking theology unity with people enough----Amos 3:3.

Obedience is studying to know what we're talking about enough----2 Timothy 2:15.

Obedience is not giving generous to every bum on the street---2 Thess. 3:10.

Obedience is seeking out ministries that want to live out the tongue rules that God
requires in the church----ALL of 1 Cor. 14.

Obedience is seeking out ministries that want to live out women church rules in the body
of Christ----1 Cor. 14:34-35.

Obedience is having prayers for believers only---John 17:9.

Obedience is not having delusional traditions like the world with Christmas---John 4:24.

Obedience is actually leaving the law by Moses alone by leaving Easter alone---John 4:24.

Obedience is abolishing slavery and racial segregation but living out Christian segregation
at the same time---Ephesians 3:28 and 2 Cor. 6:14-17.

Obedience is depending on all the bible for every decision we make-----Matthew 4:4.

Obedience is treating all the bible like a map or compass to be successful----Psalms 119:105.

Obedience is being God wise and not self wise----Acts 17:28 and Jeremiah 10:23.

The bible says he that lose his life shall gain it and he that gain his life shall lose it.

What are we losing ? Wisdom of man
What are we gaining ? Wisdom of God
That's what successful people with God do !!

Delusional people do the opposite----John 8:32.

They compare the wisdom of man as the wisdom of God---John 8:32.
Wisdom of man is born to be a failure with God----Isaiah 64:6.
God exalts his wisdom over any witty man in the world----1 Cor. 1:25.

Our common sense wasn't born to impress God----Isaiah 64:6.
We reconcile to God with the wisdom of God----John 8:31.
The wisdom of God is not a love theology only----1 John 2:15.
Biblical revelation of all the wisdom of God will cover all the content in the
bible---2 Timothy 3:16.
All the wisdom of God is how we obey God----John 8:31.
All the wisdom of man is never how we obey God---Isaiah 64:6.
Mercy by God didn't take away legalism---Romans 6:1.
Mercy by God just introduce new legalism----Matthew 5.
Mercy today is just another personality of God today---2 Timothy 3:16.
Mercy in the past is introduction to the personality of God differently then---2 Timothy 3:16.

Again the goal is simple: Attracting 100% bible believers together ONLY---Psalms 133:1 and
John 8:31.

Let's get the sure facts of each other if we 100% bible believers----1 Thess. 5:12.

Let's mess with all the bible to do so------2 Timothy 3:16.

Let's do church right and not half hearted----Amos 3:3.
Are you trying to become saved or have you received salvation by believing in the finished work of Christ? First of all, water baptism does not save you nor is it required to be saved. This is nothing more than a traditional, prideful and religious idea taken completely out of context. It looks good in and for the churches when people do it. But as I have said before, if you tell someone you "have" to do something to be saved, then faith has become a work and is no longer faith. Getting water baptized is a fruit of believing you are saved, not a root. But when someone tells you that you have to do it, it is no longer a fruit but a root.

I can tell you are very distant from the context of scripture. The bible says anyone who believes in Jesus and His finished work on the cross has been made right with God by His blood. It is imputed to you, just as our sins were imputed onto Jesus' body to receive the punishment, His righteousness is imputed onto us to receive eternal salvation. You can only have more of grace when you have less of religion. Start exposing yourself to God's grace and all of these things you believe the bible says are requirements to be saved will become fruits in your life, not the roots.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Death of the thoughts and ways of the natural man.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:46 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
First of all, water baptism does not save you nor is it required to be saved.

you said water baptism basically isn't a requirement, but that's the first step we ALL MUST DO. Many believe it ISN'T “required”,but John baptize MANY, even before Jesus came to him ,(John 3:23And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there:and they came, and were baptized). And (Matt. 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him). Jesus was baptized in water, before he received his Father's Holy Spirit?,(Matt.3:16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him). Jesus was sent ,(John 5:30I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me), to teach ALL who really wanted to follow him ,(Luke9:23).

and he set an example of what and how we should do things. You're wrong,sorry, but Jesus showed we HAVE to be baptize ,(Mark 16:16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned). Also IF!... water baptism wasn't required today, it wouldn't have continued by his followers AFTER he died ,(Acts 8:36-39 ,and Acts 18:8And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized). Jehovah God's words shows NO MAN, should teach one shouldn't be baptized in water, (Acts 10:47,48 Can any man forbid water ,that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days).

Of course baptism alone won't save ANYONE, Just as ONLY believing and having faith won't. Because we have to follow Jesus to the best ofour ability in order to be saved. NO ONE ,(even though MANY feel they ALREADY have that first class ticket to Heaven), KNOW for sure they're saved UNTIL the end comes ,(Matt.24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved). peace

Old 07-03-2013, 07:33 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
"What Does It Cost A Person To Be A Christian ?"

Nothing...... for it is a gift !! As I did/do not own anything in this life but the joy that I now can rejoice knowing Christ as my Lord God and Savior.
There is nothing in this world or in my life worth counting it as a loss or cost for the exchange there is in the gift of forgiveness found in the freedom I now have in Christ Jesus. He is worth everything to me !!!
Yet, within my heart is a very deep faith given to me of what it did cost Christ so that I can be called a Christian, a daughter of the Living God as He laid down, sacrificed His life in exchange for my life which was lived in bondage, slavery to sin.

Blessings

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 07-03-2013 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: correct spelling

Old 07-03-2013, 08:14 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
"What Does It Cost A Person To Be A Christian ?"

Nothing...... for it is a gift !! As I did/do not own anything in this life but the joy that I now can rejoice knowing Christ as my Lord God and Savior.
There is nothing in this world or in my life worth counting it as a loss or cost for the exchange there is in the gift of forgiveness found in the freedom I now have in Christ Jesus. He is worth everything to me !!!
Yet, within my heart is a very deep faith given to me of what it did cost Christ so that I can be called a Christian, a daughter of the Living God as He laid down, sacrificed His life in exchange for my life which was lived in bondage, slavery to sin.

Blessings
AMEN!!!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2013, 09:22 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post

But Hebrews 4 is not speaking about a particular day for God also said our sabbath rest is now Jesus.
Luke 6:5 Then Jesus said to them, “The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

We are free from observing a formal day of the week.
Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:24 AM

794 posts, read 846,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
you said water baptism basically isn't a requirement, but that's the first step we ALL MUST DO. Many believe it ISN'T “required”,but John baptize MANY, even before Jesus came to him ,(John 3:23And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there:and they came, and were baptized). And (Matt. 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him). Jesus was baptized in water, before he received his Father's Holy Spirit?,(Matt.3:16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him). Jesus was sent ,(John 5:30I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me), to teach ALL who really wanted to follow him ,(Luke9:23).

and he set an example of what and how we should do things. You're wrong,sorry, but Jesus showed we HAVE to be baptize ,(Mark 16:16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned). Also IF!... water baptism wasn't required today, it wouldn't have continued by his followers AFTER he died ,(Acts 8:36-39 ,and Acts 18:8And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized). Jehovah God's words shows NO MAN, should teach one shouldn't be baptized in water, (Acts 10:47,48 Can any man forbid water ,that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days).

Of course baptism alone won't save ANYONE, Just as ONLY believing and having faith won't. Because we have to follow Jesus to the best ofour ability in order to be saved. NO ONE ,(even though MANY feel they ALREADY have that first class ticket to Heaven), KNOW for sure they're saved UNTIL the end comes ,(Matt.24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved). peace
This is not true. Saying you have to get water baptized to be saved is heresy. It is insulting the finished work of Christ and stealing his glory and saying that salvation is some of us and the rest is Christ. Did you read my post at all? Did you see where I said if you tell someone you HAVE to do something to be saved then FAITH is no longer faith. It has now become a work. And if it has become a work, it is no longer faith. Do not believe for one more moment in your life that you have to get water baptized to get saved. This is a lie handed down from church to church under the religious idea that it is a requirement to enter Heaven but the truth is Jesus paid everything we owed to God for our salvation. Our place now is to rest in what Jesus has done and then faith will manifest in our life. Do not say you have to follow Jesus to the best of your ability to be saved. Again you are putting measurements to live up to and requirements for salvation and robbing Jesus of His glory by making His grace a religion. Again this is heresy. Jesus PAID YOUR DEBT to God. And let me say this, if water baptism had anything to do with your salvation then many of the people mentioned in the bible, as well as over 99% of the world's population will not go to Heaven. Stop believing the heresy that is preached in most churches today. It is nothing more than a prideful and religious view taken completely out of context from scripture.

Anyone who believes water baptism is required to be saved is insulting the grace of God, robbing Jesus of His glory and putting believers under bondage and destroying their faith by making it a work. How many times have people gotten baptized out of FEAR and not FAITH? Countless times and it is still happening because preachers are not preaching the grace of God they are preaching the wrath of God which is WRONG! God released all of His wrath out on Jesus at the cross. The judgment has come onto our sins, the punishment is done. Salvation happens when you believe that has already happened. Stop putting people under bondage! Stop destroying faith!

Here are a few short video sermons that I believe will give you a better understand of God's grace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxM85YyQGVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGyZocLiHy0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6wmYwtfBmA

Last edited by romans519; 07-03-2013 at 10:44 AM..

Old 07-03-2013, 10:32 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
>>>>What Does It Cost A Person To Be A Christian ?

10% of every dime a Christian makes. In today's economy that works out to about $6.84/day. And the Church demands 10% on GROSS, not net.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity