Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 04:11 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
Twin it requires having a relationship with God to be able to trust Him that much.
balunman, it takes having a relationship with God to trust His spirit to guide into all truth as promised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 04:27 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Why do people like to make such claims on a thread where the topic precludes discussing the other sin's?

I'm not making the claim just on this thread, I'm talking about ALL THE TIME.

Because it's a fact. For some people, the topic of homosexuality is a topic that CONSTANTLY, almost obsessively has a huge spotlight on it. And like I said, most of us know why.

Why not talk about "greed", "envy". "lust for power", "fear" or the things that ACTUALLY lead to darkness and cause us to act in non-loving ways towards our neighbor? Something in which, we are all guilty of in various ways and capacities whether we realize it or not. The things that actually cause the MOST suffering in this world.

*crickets*

<sarcasm>Nooooooooo! We must keep talking about homosexuality. I mean, it's the ruination of the whole dang world, lemme tell ya. Physical body parts are far more imporant than any of that spiritual/state of a person's heart type stuff.
</sarcasm>

Old 07-07-2013, 04:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

Why not talk about "greed", "envy". "lust for power", "fear" or the things that ACTUALLY lead to darkness and cause us to act in non-loving ways towards our neighbor?
Excellent point. Again.

I'm always wondering about all this "random" soul saving. Do they ever ask some guy laying on his sick bed, "Do you cheat on your income tax? Let me share the good news with you before you die and go to hell."

Old 07-07-2013, 04:45 PM

796 posts, read 858,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I'm not making the claim just on this thread, I'm talking about ALL THE TIME.

Because it's a fact. For some people, the topic of homosexuality is a topic that CONSTANTLY, almost obsessively has a huge spotlight on it. And like I said, most of us know why.
Now that you mention it you do seem to always be talking about homosexuality. Why is that? Why don't you start a thread on greed.

Quote:
Why not talk about "greed", "envy". "lust for power", "fear" or the things that ACTUALLY lead to darkness and cause us to act in non-loving ways towards our neighbor? Something in which, we are all guilty of in various ways and capacities whether we realize it or not. The things that actually cause the MOST suffering in this world.
I have seen many other topics on this forum that do not deal with this subject. Why not read them so you see many of use are not stuck on this topic like you are.

Quote:
*crickets*
You goin' fishin?

Quote:
<sarcasm>Nooooooooo! We must keep talking about homosexuality. I mean, it's the ruination of the whole dang world, lemme tell ya. Physical body parts are far more imporant than any of that spiritual/state of a person's heart type stuff.
</sarcasm>
Well if that's what you want to do I hope you enjoy yourself. I for one do not intend to join you on this one topic solely.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:46 PM

796 posts, read 858,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Excellent point. Again.

I'm always wondering about all this "random" soul saving. Do they ever ask some guy laying on his sick bed, "Do you cheat on your income tax? Let me share the good news with you before you die and go to hell."
Dew have you ever told a lie in your entire life?

Old 07-07-2013, 04:58 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Now that you mention it you do seem to always be talking about homosexuality.

False.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:38 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Has Christianity said within the last century that homosexuality is wrong plain and simple, or not?

A: not .... and that is all I'm going to bother how to explain how your point is out of context.
I think you know as well as I that the church has taught that homosexuality was wrong until recently because we always thought it was a choice. It is only recently that genetic pre-dispositions have been noted that in some people amount to an imperative and only then did we change our position to the idea that homosexual nature is not the sin, but acting on it.

Honesty is very important to most of us.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:16 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
...snip...

Honesty is very important to most of us.
And should be to all of us.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:21 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
That is a very logical way of getting people to look at reality. Really what is going on is people do not want equal rights for 2 men who love each other or 2 women who love each other but rather they want special rights for those who choose to have unnatural sex. It's not about love at all. It's about having their sin recognized and rewarded.

I have a friend that I love. He and I have been close since childhood and even though we live apart and don't see each other very often, I know if I called him for help today he would be here. Why can't we be recognized like a married man and woman by the law? Just because we don't engage in sex with each other? Where is the fairness in that?

Marriage is a sacred estate that God gave for a man and woman to become one. The state has no real say in the matter. All the state does is allow 2 people to become joined in a legal union (just like a business partnership) for a limited amount of time. Either until they choose to end that partnership of one of them dies.

I would consider having my marriage partnership license the state gave us revoked should our state ever offer that to people of the same sex or ever recognize the same. My marriage is not something the state has any say so over anyway. It is between God, my wife and myself. Even the state recognizes such marriages that never ask the state for a license. It's not a needed thing.
As a hick kid venturing into the city back in the late 70s...My friends and I would wander through the then small gay ghetto...It was a novelty especially during Holloween. They were just a bunch of strange characters...Then as I got older and understood more...and started to live in the city...I met a few gays...through friends...I was a great observer - I don't believe I saw one single homosexual that was not selfish - self absorbed - hedonistic and with little or not ethics...I really don't believe it is about love with these people...Perhaps I was exposed to the urban gay party crowd...and not the "nice" gay people...There was one guy who cruised the main drag in his weird colored Cadillac ...He was well known and even attempted to run for mayor.

Any way this fellow had this house full of 30 foot snakes...skeletons of human children...weird relics...He presented himself as someone who opened up his home to young street youth...as a kind of shelter...What I saw with this creep was that his main objective was to sodomize and many vulnerable young men as possible...between this goon and other gays....I got a very bad impression of the culture...I really don't think it has changed that much...Gays are just more careful about being caught being bastards....I guess I will get a reprimand from the mods for bashing....................so be it.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:26 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
As a hick kid venturing into the city back in the late 70s...My friends and I would wander through the then small gay ghetto...It was a novelty especially during Holloween. They were just a bunch of strange characters...Then as I got older and understood more...and started to live in the city...I met a few gays...through friends...I was a great observer - I don't believe I saw one single homosexual that was not selfish - self absorbed - hedonistic and with little or not ethics...I really don't believe it is about love with these people...Perhaps I was exposed to the urban gay party crowd...and not the "nice" gay people...There was one guy who cruised the main drag in his weird colored Cadillac ...He was well known and even attempted to run for mayor.

Any way this fellow had this house full of 30 foot snakes...skeletons of human children...weird relics...He presented himself as someone who opened up his home to young street youth...as a kind of shelter...What I saw with this creep was that his main objective was to sodomize and many vulnerable young men as possible...between this goon and other gays....I got a very bad impression of the culture...I really don't think it has changed that much...Gays are just more careful about being caught being bastards....I guess I will get a reprimand from the mods for bashing....................so be it.
Believe me, the post above reveals much more of you, than it does those dastardly gay folk.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity