Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 10:42 PM

794 posts, read 846,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I would love to see those quotes?
Especially, regarding the Old Testament mindset or disposition.

When did you become God?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I believe very few of the things you believe about God BECAUSE I believe Christ and not the OT descriptions under the veil of ignorance (blind minds).
Our ignorant savage ancestors believed God needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices every year for their entire existence.
There is one. The rest look about the same as this one. When he says ignorant ancestors I assume he means all the authors except Jesus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 10:43 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
No answer? He quoted Paul to try to justify something he believes when he himself doesn't believe in Paul's ministry or what he taught. How can you use something someone said you don't even believe in?
You make a lot of inferences without any basis for them. This is a complete lie about what or who I believe and don't. I believe the Bible is inspired by God but much of it is interpreted by ignorant and fallible men. I use the "mind of Christ" to see the truth and remove the effects of their lack of knowledge (ignorance) and fallibility. You are free to think that what God wants from us is to sit around believing what we think are the right things. So according to you the entire human race must exist to believe what they think are the right things until they die. Nothing else is required and nothing else matters. This easy believism nonsense is a corruption of Christ's Gospel. Christ focused on what we DO . . . not what we believe. Christ expects us to TRY to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't. That is what I am focused on during my life. You can continue to focus on believing what you think are the right things.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:04 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
There is one. The rest look about the same as this one. When he says ignorant ancestors I assume he means all the authors except Jesus?
Ever hear an explanation of the term?

Old 07-12-2013, 06:22 AM

796 posts, read 858,591 times
Quote:
And then only the parts of what Jesus said that he thinks are right.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:44 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
Why would you want to discredit someone the way you do because they believe in following the teachings of Jesus ?. These kind of comments made by 100% bible believers as far as I am concerned, just confirm to me that you actually worship the bible as god. It is not the bible but the teachings of one it testifies of that believer follows. In other words the follower of Jesus Christ becomes disciplined in the teachings of Jesus Christ. Following his teachings we will never miss the mark. Your doctrines you so vehemently defend are going to go up in smoke one day, what will remain is faith,hope and love, the greatest of these being love........ The basis of the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Matt 28:20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you

Old 07-12-2013, 07:19 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
A lot of cherry picking going on here.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
As well as the usual everyone else but me cherry picks. Jesus Christ not the bible is the final authority

This is my beloved son with whom I am wll pleased, listen to him.

Learn of me for yoke is easy and my burden is Light.

Know you not that Jesus Christ is in you ?.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:42 AM

796 posts, read 858,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Of course there is. But when one becomes one's own god they can make up and reject anything they want. Some claim that God or Jesus is the one to be listened to then reject what they have said. Makes no sense at all.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Of course there is. But when one becomes one's own god they can make up and reject anything they want. Some claim that God or Jesus is the one to be listened to then reject what they have said. Makes no sense at all.
Who are these people and can you quote them ?.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:07 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
There is nothing easier than claim the spirit told them what to believe. This is why I keep asking what the spirit told them that is so different from the Bible, but they always refuse to answer. They talk about their religion, but at the same time they refuse to back up their beliefs. That's why they spend most of their time talking about other people's beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity