Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 03:12 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/04/op...gewanted=print

If a corp CFO did this just before filing for bankruptcy, he'd be jailed.

This reminds me why I am proud to be an EX Roman Catholic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 07:10 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post

Sadly MANY calling themselves followers of Jesus, shows signs of their oftheir true father satan ,(John8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father yewill do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it). peace

Old 07-05-2013, 08:41 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post

The worst Catholic haters are the ex-Catholics.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:38 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The worst Catholic haters are the ex-Catholics.
What's a "Catholic hater?" Is it someone who believes that the institution should take responsibility for glaring abuses? That dodging such responsibility is contrary to the spirit of Christ?

There is a difference between hating and calling for accountability.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What's a "Catholic hater?" Is it someone who believes that the institution should take responsibility for glaring abuses? That dodging such responsibility is contrary to the spirit of Christ?

I guess we can call it someone that dislikes the catholic religion.

But, at the end of the day it is just a religion.

I stopped being German after Hitler kill the Jews.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:26 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Well, I dislike much that the institutional Catholic Church has done, but it has been the source of much that is good in the world too. Can we say, "dislikes the abuses shown in the Catholic Church?"

Old 07-05-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Well, I dislike much that the institutional Catholic Church has done, but it has been the source of much that is good in the world too. Can we say, "dislikes the abuses shown in the Catholic Church?"
The churches are corrupted because they are run by men. That has nothing to do with God.

I don't think Germans stopped being German after Hitler. Americans are still Americans despite prior mistakes by the US government. Blame the men, not the institutions.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:07 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:

The last Boston bishop was wonderful, refused to use bankruptcy as a shield, paid claims willingly, and focused on the victims. This was after the abominable Law, of course.

As to hiding tens of millions as this article indicates,ask yourself one question "What would Jesus think?".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity