Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 10:53 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
Hail Mary, just another sinner like us, blessed are thou for how God used you. Your one Son was able to pay for your sins as well as ours. All of your other children are blessed by your obedience and following God. Oh how sad they must have been when you died and they buried you. You too will join us in the Resurrection of the dead. Sorry that we can not communicate with you until then for you are dead and God forbids us to attempt to contact the dead. Amen.
You need to look up Lady of Fatima.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 11:03 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You need to look up Lady of Fatima.
See, the problem is that you MUST dot every i and cross every t correctly or God will be mad at you. Get it right!

Old 07-13-2013, 11:30 AM

794 posts, read 846,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Dude, it is just religion.

By the way how do you know you are saved? Can you prove it?
My proof is the Man sitting at the Father's right hand. As He is so are we in this world. My savior lives and He cannot die. As long as He lives, so do I.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:47 AM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
The word "grace" means "unearned, undeserved favor." Mary in and of herself was undeserving of God's favor, like all of us. It did not mean she was without sin nor is it the context.
I'm sorry, brother . . . you are filled with wrong information from whatever source you are using. Christ has perfect grace and believe me HE earned it! It is HIS grace that covers us imperfect creatures and WE don't deserve it. That does not mean that grace means undeserved favor! It means WE don't deserve it but His love for us all grants us the cover of HIS grace. So when Mary is said the be full of grace . . . she is full of grace.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:51 AM

794 posts, read 846,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I'm sorry, brother . . . you are filled with wrong information from whatever source you are using. Christ has perfect grace and believe me HE earned it! It is HIS grace that covers us imperfect creatures and WE don't deserve it. That does not mean that grace means undeserved favor! It means WE don't deserve it but His love for us all grants us the cover of HIS grace. So when Mary is said the be full of grace . . . she is full of grace.
Your words sound like that of a believer who is resting in the finished work of Christ, but there is just one problem.. you don't believe Jesus died for our sins. So basically you believe Jesus just covers us with grace and there was no atonement for sins. Well the first is true, but there was an atonement for our sins which is His sacrifice for our sins. You've got the first half, you just need to believe the second half.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:54 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
My proof is the Man sitting at the Father's right hand. As He is so are we in this world. My savior lives and He cannot die. As long as He lives, so do I.
How is that different from believing the Virgin Mary is the mother of God? It is all about religion bro. And religions are different from each other. Some are very basic with no whistles like the recent Protestant sects and some are full of very old millenary traditions.

Like Rodney King said:

“People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along?”

Old 07-13-2013, 12:01 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
When discussing the Immaculate Conception, an implicit reference may be found in the angel’s greeting to Mary. The angel Gabriel said, "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you" (Luke 1:28). The phrase "full of grace" is a translation of the Greek word kecharitomene. It therefore expresses a characteristic quality of Mary.

The traditional translation, "full of grace," is better than the one found in many recent versions of the New Testament, which give something along the lines of "highly favored daughter." Mary was indeed a highly favored daughter of God, but the Greek implies more than that (and it never mentions the word for "daughter"). The grace given to Mary is at once permanent and of a unique kind.Kecharitomene is a perfect passive participle of charitoo, meaning "to fill or endow with grace." Since this term is in the perfect tense, it indicates that Mary was graced in the past but with continuing effects in the present. So, the grace Mary enjoyed was not a result of the angel’s visit. In fact, Catholics hold, it extended over the whole of her life, from conception onward. She was in a state of sanctifying grace from the first moment of her existence.

Fundamentalists’ Objections

Fundamentalists’ chief reason for objecting to the Immaculate Conception and Mary’s consequent sinlessness is that we are told that "all have sinned" (Rom. 3:23). Besides, they say, Mary said her "spirit rejoices in God my Savior" (Luke 1:47), and only a sinner needs a Savior.

You guys need to read Catholic answers to avoid stating misconceptions.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:23 PM

796 posts, read 858,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
When discussing the Immaculate Conception, an implicit reference may be found in the angel’s greeting to Mary. The angel Gabriel said, "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you" (Luke 1:28). The phrase "full of grace" is a translation of the Greek word kecharitomene. It therefore expresses a characteristic quality of Mary.

The traditional translation, "full of grace," is better than the one found in many recent versions of the New Testament, which give something along the lines of "highly favored daughter." Mary was indeed a highly favored daughter of God, but the Greek implies more than that (and it never mentions the word for "daughter"). The grace given to Mary is at once permanent and of a unique kind.Kecharitomene is a perfect passive participle of charitoo, meaning "to fill or endow with grace." Since this term is in the perfect tense, it indicates that Mary was graced in the past but with continuing effects in the present. So, the grace Mary enjoyed was not a result of the angel’s visit. In fact, Catholics hold, it extended over the whole of her life, from conception onward. She was in a state of sanctifying grace from the first moment of her existence.

Fundamentalists’ Objections

Fundamentalists’ chief reason for objecting to the Immaculate Conception and Mary’s consequent sinlessness is that we are told that "all have sinned" (Rom. 3:23). Besides, they say, Mary said her "spirit rejoices in God my Savior" (Luke 1:47), and only a sinner needs a Savior.

You guys need to read Catholic answers to avoid stating misconceptions.
But they contradict God's word so there is no point reading the fairy-tales the false religion of Rome is built upon.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:23 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Wouldn't that^ reading be a lot like working toward an understanding?

Old 07-13-2013, 03:21 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
i will answer the op--it is a question meant to be condescending and sarcastictowards catholics---so if the op really wants an answer from the catholic perspective ask an rcia person-----btw--"heaven"(who is heaven?) does not declare saints but those here on earth do by the way God bestows on these people the ability to perform miracles through God's grace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity