Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 06:33 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
He is an ear tickler for $--- not a single tv preacher ever taught truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKQJPa7vpIc
I don't believe you and even in the link I attached he does really give all his glory to God on all of his achievements. Yet I doubt you would bother to watch the start to the finish of the link.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:16 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKQJPa7vpIc
I don't believe you and even in the link I attached he does really give all his glory to God on all of his achievements. Yet I doubt you would bother to watch the start to the finish of the link.

He stands there at the end of every show and says this---If you say 3 lines of prayer with me--you are born again---it is not truth, it is a deception making people think they are saved. He doesn't know 1% of those in the audience--most are walking the broad and spacious path that leads to destruction--this is the only way one is actually born again--Ephesians 4:22-24---one must strip off the old personality( practicer of sin= a worker of iniquity( lawlessness)and put on the new personality( righteousness)----- saying 3 lines does not accomplish that. Learning every utterance from God and applying them daily accomplishes that-- it takes quite awhile. He is a deceiver.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:23 PM

335 posts, read 219,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
He stands there at the end of every show and says this---If you say 3 lines of prayer with me--you are born again---it is not truth, it is a deception making people think they are saved. He doesn't know 1% of those in the audience--most are walking the broad and spacious path that leads to destruction--this is the only way one is actually born again--Ephesians 4:22-24---one must strip off the old personality( practicer of sin= a worker of iniquity( lawlessness)and put on the new personality( righteousness)----- saying 3 lines does not accomplish that. Learning every utterance from God and applying them daily accomplishes that-- it takes quite awhile. He is a deceiver.
I wish I could give you some more rep.

A good rule of thumb to gauge if someone is speaking truth:

The more people who like him, the less truth he is speaking.

Correlates with what Jesus said:

Matthew 7:13
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john233 View Post

A good rule of thumb to gauge if someone is speaking truth:

The more people who like him, the less truth he is speaking.
That's your system? If someone is popular and well-liked you put him in the Liar, Liar Pants On Fire! category?

Old 03-01-2015, 03:00 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That's your system? If someone is popular and well-liked you put him in the Liar, Liar Pants On Fire! category?
After reading some of his posts, I'm not surprised.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
That's just a quick gauge.
Teachings should still be weighed against Scripture to determine accuracy.

But generally yes, the more well liked a person is by the masses, the less truth is coming out of his mouth.

John 3:19
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

2 Timothy 4
2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. 3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. 5 As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john233 View Post

But generally yes, the more well liked a person is by the masses, the less truth is coming out of his mouth.
Hmmmmm......That explains the much-loved by the Christian masses duck hunter named Phil Robertson.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-01-2015 at 03:51 PM..

Old 03-01-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Hmmmmm......That explains the much-loved by the fundamentalist masses duck hunter named Phil Robertson.
I'm not familiar with what he has to say.
All I know for sure is, considering yourself a fundamentalist does not automatically mean you are a follower of Christ.

A Christian fundamentalist is someone who believes the Bible is true.
But many "Christian fundamentalists" don't even know what the Bible really says, let alone live it.

I am all about the Bible being the true Word of God... It is

Old 03-01-2015, 04:12 PM

18 posts, read 26,712 times
The man is a false preacher. He partakes in Simony every day of his existence trying to sell salvation, and the masses are sadly dumb enough to eat it right out of his hands

Old 03-01-2015, 04:33 PM

174 posts, read 125,363 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity