Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 05:16 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,886,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hmmmmm......That explains the much-loved by the Christian masses duck hunter named Phil Robertson.

Not a single tv preacher that ever existed taught truth. they do it for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, fame, power.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:54 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,306,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john233 View Post
I wish I could give you some more rep.

A good rule of thumb to gauge if someone is speaking truth:

The more people who like him, the less truth he is speaking.

Correlates with what Jesus said:

Matthew 7:13
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
I agree with john233 and kjw47 (even though she does not believe that Jesus and His Father are one.)
You are both right that the way to life is much more narrow than most who claim to be "Christians" believe.
I believe we must be obedient to the teachings of Christ to be able to receive the Holy Ghost, and we must hold out to the end to be saved. Jesus said in Matt, 10:[22] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 03-04-2015 at 09:06 AM..

Old 03-04-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
I agree with john233 and kjw47 (even though she does not believe that Jesus and His Father are one.)
You are both right that the way to life is much more narrow than most who claim to be "Christians" believe.
I believe we must be obedient to the teachings of Christ to be able to receive the Holy Ghost, and we must hold out to the end to be saved. Jesus said in Matt, 10:[22] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

I believe they are one--in purpose, not in being--for Jesus taught--The Father is greater than I--he taught both teachings in the mortal state. I am male.
Gods word went on to say--we all will become one with them--in purpose--the living to do Gods will over our own will. That is what Jesus did.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:39 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,306,087 times
thanks for correcting the gender. I thought as I posted that I may have reached the wrong conclusion.
But the Bible says this about Jesus being the equal of God in Phil. 2:[5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
[7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Old 03-07-2015, 04:17 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Any self-professed person of God with a net personal worth of more than $3 MILLION is a fraud.

Joel Osteen – Lakewood Church
Stopped taking his $200,000 salary several years ago. Makes tens of millions off of his numerous books. Joel & family live in a $10.5 million – get this – 17,000 square foot mansion. Treasures in heaven people.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:33 PM

32,928 posts, read 26,160,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Any self-professed person of God with a net personal worth of more than $3 MILLION is a fraud.

Joel Osteen – Lakewood Church
Stopped taking his $200,000 salary several years ago. Makes tens of millions off of his numerous books. Joel & family live in a $10.5 million – get this – 17,000 square foot mansion. Treasures in heaven people.
Without reference to the specific pastors you're referring to;

If a Christian inherits three million dollars, does that make him a fraud?

If a Christian wins three million dollars in the lottery does that make him a fraud?

If a Christian makes three million dollars from wise investment choices, or because he runs a successful and profitable business, does that make him a fraud?

The answer is no.

Some of you people are so judgmental.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Without reference to the specific pastors you're referring to;

If a Christian inherits three million dollars, does that make him a fraud?

If a Christian wins three million dollars in the lottery does that make him a fraud?

If a Christian makes three million dollars from wise investment choices, or because he runs a successful and profitable business, does that make him a fraud?

The answer is no.

Some of you people are so judgmental.
Obviously some will; always look for exceptions--IF A person of GOD has a net worth from pretending to be a minister.

We can play exceptions all day long. I really miss the days when schools taught comprehension skills.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:42 PM

32,928 posts, read 26,160,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Obviously some will; always look for exceptions--IF A person of GOD has a net worth from pretending to be a minister.

We can play exceptions all day long. I really miss the days when schools taught comprehension skills.
Insults? As I said, some of you people are so judgmental.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Insults? As I said, some of you people are so judgmental.
Judging the judger? ROFLAMO/\

Some of us also JUDGE SLAVERY to be wrong, beating a woman to be wrong and stealing from widows and orphans to be wrong, but then again, IT WAS OUR JUDGEMENT...

Old 03-09-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
thanks for correcting the gender. I thought as I posted that I may have reached the wrong conclusion.
But the Bible says this about Jesus being the equal of God in Phil. 2:[5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
[7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

That scripture is error by Catholicism translators. if you go on to verse 9 one finds when Jesus went back to heaven, he was exalted to a superior position--- one cannot be God and then made superior to being God. one cannot be superior to being the true God. a prince(Michael can be made superior to what he was before--he can be appointed--king.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity