Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:26 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,668,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You just can't see it.

Perhaps another time, or place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 05:31 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,482,367 times
It is not always what a person says but how they live that wins a person to The Lord.

1Pt:3:1: Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that,
if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by
the conversation of the wives;
2: While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
3: Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair,
and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4: But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible,
even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
5: For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God,
adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
6: Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are,
as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
7: Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge,
giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs
together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:54 PM

123 posts, read 165,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
It is not always what a person says but how they live that wins a person to The Lord.

1Pt:3:1: Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that,
if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by
the conversation of the wives;
2: While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
3: Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair,
and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4: But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible,
even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
5: For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God,
adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
6: Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are,
as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
7: Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge,
giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs
together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
Yes Bumpus, thank you for reminding me. I am very hard on myself because I feel that I've hindered him coming to the Lord. Then I feel like that's a prideful attitude Unfortunately I am not a good example but I am constantly repenting and working on it with the Lord's help.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:35 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,861,394 times
Where in the bible does it state to pray for someone's salvation?...

Old 07-10-2013, 06:31 PM

123 posts, read 165,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where in the bible does it state to pray for someone's salvation?...
Are you serious?

"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

If it's God's will, then I believe we should pray for it. Jesus also said to go into the world and preach the Gospel, so why shouldn't we pray that our preaching will be efficacious??

Old 07-10-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnNative View Post
Are you serious?

"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

If it's God's will, then I believe we should pray for it. Jesus also said to go into the world and preach the Gospel, so why shouldn't we pray that our preaching will be efficacious??
Again, where does it state that we are to pray for someone's salvation?...Where is there any example of someone praying for another's salvation?...It doesn't...What it does state is that, after preaching the Gospel to someone and being rejected, we are to shake the dust off your feet and move on for their blood is on their own heads...

Old 07-10-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Are you serious?

Where in that verse does it state to pray?...His will is going to come about even without our prayers...

Old 07-14-2013, 10:54 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,517,649 times
Default Psalms 107:2

Quote:
Does anyone have experience with unequally yoked marriage? I could really use some encouragement.

My husband and I have been married for 22 years and I can honestly say he is a wonderful partner. I don't want another husband, I just want him to be saved.

When we got married, neither of us were believers. About 10 years into our marriage, I became a believer and have been praying for him ever since. I still believe one day he will be saved, but it's hard to wait on God's timing, even if it's perfect.

Thanks in advance.
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so if you been redeemed from the hand of the enemy.

Didn't say let the spouse say so or not for their mate.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:17 AM

23,886 posts, read 32,188,744 times
There is so much psychological and spiritual abuse and divisiveness causes by this one short verse.

It's hurled at intermarried couples and even Christians who marry others from other Christian denominations, who are deemed "not Christian enough".

Simply put, it causes so much pain.

Also, I have found that something "praying" is "Christian Speak" for criticism.
"Oh that couple needs prayer" is often translated as "She could have done better than that!" or "I'm not sure if she's Christian".

People should mind their own business and let the Holy Spirit do His work.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:13 PM

796 posts, read 853,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
There is so much psychological and spiritual abuse and divisiveness causes by this one short verse.

It's hurled at intermarried couples and even Christians who marry others from other Christian denominations, who are deemed "not Christian enough".

Simply put, it causes so much pain.

Also, I have found that something "praying" is "Christian Speak" for criticism.
"Oh that couple needs prayer" is often translated as "She could have done better than that!" or "I'm not sure if she's Christian".

People should mind their own business and let the Holy Spirit do His work.
So when I ask someone to pray for me I am asking them to criticize me? That's just stupid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity