Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 05:26 PM

987 posts, read 1,118,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 10:28

28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand

Perish means:

1) to destroy
a) to put out of the way entirely, abolish, put an end to ruin
b) render useless
c) to kill
d) to declare that one must be put to death
e) metaph. to devote or give over to eternal misery in hell
f) to perish, to be lost, ruined, destroyed
2) to destroy
a) to lose

You cant die and live forever in torment while dieing. I truly believe all in hell will die eventually, but some will have greater punishment than others, but there is no telling how long God will have anyone suffer in hell before they die. It makes no sense to punish someone for all eternity for something they did only a couple of years.

So, just live a holy life and you will never have to worry about what hell has to offer. If you are concerned for others, they chose not to follow Christ and they have to give their own account for their life to God.
Why would God resurrect you to punish you and THEN destroy you forever? Wasn't your first death and the ills of this world enough punishment? Why not just leave the dead dead if that's what their ultimate destiny is? No, there is judgment which leads to righteousness and then the life of God for everyone, imho..but I believe the Bible testifies of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 05:47 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Read it and it was not direct and didn't answer TO the question. It was an indirect answer to a direct question.

I'll take your responses of refer to post # this and post # that as further indirect responses.
You need to work on your reading comprehension. I made the effort to go into some detail to give a full answer about the fact that unbelievers at the time Christ returns, and also after the judgment of the Nations which will take place after the Tribulation ends and before the Millennium begins are going to be killed in judgment and until they are buried they will be susceptable to being eaten by wild animals and by birds. I do not appreciate being accused of evasion.

If that is not clear enough for you, I am not going to dumb it down for you any further.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:55 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
Why would God resurrect you to punish you and THEN destroy you forever? Wasn't your first death and the ills of this world enough punishment? Why not just leave the dead dead if that's what their ultimate destiny is? No, there is judgment which leads to righteousness and then the life of God for everyone, imho..but I believe the Bible testifies of this.
Then you do not believe what Jesus taught for the Bible testifies:
for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the
goats on his left.

“Then the King will say to those on his right,
‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
“Then he will say to those on his left,
‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels

Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Then you do not believe what Jesus taught for the Bible testifies:
for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the
goats on his left.

“Then the King will say to those on his right,
‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
“Then he will say to those on his left,
‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels
So let me get this right...... some nations get thrown into this literal eternal fire you believe in, and some folk are thrown individually into it too ?.

and each person was judged according to what they had done

Old 07-09-2013, 06:59 PM

796 posts, read 858,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You need to work on your reading comprehension. I made the effort to go into some detail to give a full answer about the fact that unbelievers at the time Christ returns, and also after the judgment of the Nations which will take place after the Tribulation ends and before the Millennium begins are going to be killed in judgment and until they are buried they will be susceptable to being eaten by wild animals and by birds. I do not appreciate being accused of evasion.

If that is not clear enough for you, I am not going to dumb it down for you any further.
Some people just ignore the answers so they can argue. That's why he went back on my ignore list. No point wasting time.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:50 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
Obviously if you live forever in torment then that is not death.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. rment then that is not death. The wages of sin is death.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:

You gave an answer but is was not a direct answer to my question, Mike. Therefore, I still have no answer from you. In fact, you could have replied to mine with yeah or ney in less time that it would have taken you to reply to this post.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:58 PM

So far, I have shown the problem here. The have a lake of fire that is not after the judgement. That means the lake of fire cannot be the ultimate fate. If it is then there are two ultimate fates because that would leave other wicked people to die by birds.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
The Bible Knowledge Commentary says of this...
19:17-18. The armies of earth are no match for the armies from heaven. The sharp sword in Christ's mouth (v.15) is symbolic of His authoritative word of command that destroys earth's armies by divine power. Millions of men and their horses will be destroyed instantly. In keeping with this, John recorded that he saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all flying birds to gather together for the great supper of God to eat the carcasses of kings, generals, horsemen, and all people slain by Christ. [The Bible Knowledge Commentary, New Testament, An Exposition of the Scriptures by Dallas Seminary Faculty, p. 977]
"Millions of men and their horses will be destroyed instantly... for the great supper of God."

An exclusive sense of excretion or waste, especially feces.
Do we still live in the dark ages, where the sun doesn’t shine?

Old 07-09-2013, 11:01 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
This question is a bit of a struggle for the ETers to give a direct answer to and will most likely have to treat it with an indirect answer. The reason is that if they say the Flesh fed to the Fowls is after the Judgement then that means the lake of fire instance is also after the Judgement since the "remnant" is tied to the same group of people. Therefore, if it is after the Judgement, then what you have here is that some are just going to have their flesh eaten. If you say it is before the Judgement then that means the Lake of Fire can't be part of hell since that is supposed to happen after the Judgement.
Dang, this whole back and forth is ridiculous.

The birds are before the final judgment. The Lake of Fire comes afterwards.

Hell is not final judgment.

2 Peter 2:4 - For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment;

The Bible never says that we are saved from hell, because hell is a temporary place reserved for final judgment. Those who are in hell (hades in Rev. 20) will be thrown into the lake of fire at the final judgment.

There is no contradiction. There is no error. There are people using their own wisdom to validate theologies that they like - but really are not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity