Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 04:00 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Some of us believe God is in control in situations like Ananias, but I guess you think differently. I am waiting for you to explain why you think fear killed them.

Gee, thanks for the compliment
Actually I believe we reap what we sow. If we sow to the flesh, from the flesh(not God) we reap destruction. Its time to put away that carnal reasoning that says God is behind the evil that befalls us and the ills of our world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
I am not interested in playing your deflection games. You are unable to explain your view, and it does not surprise me. Like I said I won't ask again.
I have answered you quite a few times but you are still coming up short with not answering one single question put to you. Give me a while and I will bring them all up. Its kind daft that you hound me over one question that I have answered yet you have blatantly ignored all questions put to you.
I don't mind that you don't answer and also like the back and forth because my intent is to get you and those who believe like you to possibly actually look with an open mind what it is you actually believe.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-15-2013 at 04:24 PM..

Old 07-15-2013, 04:08 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I have answered you quite a few times but you are still coming up short with not answering one single question put to you. Give me a while and I will bring them all up. Its kind daft that you hound me over one question that I have answered yet you have blatantly ignored all questions put to you.
Nope, no answers.

Enjoy your day.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
The Bible says fear stuck the OTHER people after they saw Ananias die. It does not say Ananias died of fear, so (again) where did you get the idea that fear killed Ananias and his wife, and that God had nothing to do with it?
Quote:
Some of us believe God is in control in situations like Ananias, but I guess you think differently. I am waiting for you to explain why you think fear killed them.
Your wild goose tactics are hilarious, don't answer questions yourself then accuse others of not answering them. From the getco I told you it was fear that killed Annaias and his Missus, but because it does not fit your belief which is contrary to the teachings of Jesus Christ who said I came to save life not destroy it, that its the devil who came to do that, of God kills folk who mess with him, you are a closed shop to any reasonable answer backed up with scripture, not bible belief.

Quote:
Do you actually understand that how we react to something determines the outcome ?. Look what happened to 10 of the twelve that spied out the land. All twelve witnessed the same thing but the reaction of Joshua and Caleb was completely different to the boys frozen in fear

Your Literalism is killing your eyesight.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:57 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Your wild goose tactics are hilarious, don't answer questions yourself then accuse others of not answering them. From the getco I told you it was fear that killed Annaias and his Missus.
I'll repeat the question for the third (and last) time since there seems to be some comprehension issues: Where did you get the idea that fear killed Ananias and his wife, given the fact that the Bible says nothing of the sort. It says fear struck the OTHERS after they saw Ananias fall dead.

Given your explanation of the 12 spies, none of which died, I assume that you simply made it up. Is this correct? The obvious answer is unacceptable to you, so you had to some up with something else, and you came up with "fear must have killed them". Your mind is shut to the truth and to the obvious. Open your eyes and see.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
There is but one way to salvation and eternity with God and that is through faith in Jesus Christ. Those who do not come to that faith are doomed to spend eternity in hell or the lake of fire as it is called in Revelations. This is what God has revealed and to be Christian you must accept this.
I have no idea why, but this is an example of what usually happens if you disagree: you get a lecture.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
I'll repeat the question for the third (and last) time since there seems to be some comprehension issues: Where did you get the idea that fear killed Ananias and his wife, given the fact that the Bible says nothing of the sort. It says fear struck the OTHERS after they saw Ananias fall dead.

Given your explanation of the 10 spies, none of which died, I assume that you simple made it up. Is this correct?
Quote:
Do you actually understand that how we react to something determines the outcome ?. Look what happened to 10 of the twelve that spied out the land. All twelve witnessed the same thing but the reaction of Joshua and Caleb was completely different to the boys frozen in fear

Your Literalism is killing your eyesight.
Lord have mercy,the way they reacted towards fear determined the outcome.

Do you think Jesus was joking when he said I came to save life not destroy it and it is the devil that steals, kills and destroys?

. Do you think it would it would be reasonable to say that if Jesus said to think of calling fire down from heaven to destroy those we believe are unbelievers was not only thinking from a wrong spirit, but as always been the case ?

Where do you get the idea that God killed Ananias and his Missus ?.

Do you believe in a god that says if they mess with you they mess with me, just love them and I'll take care of the dirty work ?.

If you are right about Ananias and his Missus then God needs to resurrect them and apologize to them for not taking the rest of us out who have committed far worse acts then hold back a few quid for a rainy day because of lack of faith.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:22 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
On what scripture is saying and meaning,you are discrediting the bible or don't believe it ?
Fear is a spirit
Men's hearts failing them for fear Luke 21:26.

Example #1
Luke 21:26 ....... is not the meaning you're suggesting
Luke 21
People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Matthew 24

“Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory

Mark 13
“At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.
And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.
Example #2
Quote:
Where do you get the idea that God kills folk when the one you supposedly believe in says i came not to kill and destroy, you have me mistaken for the devil for he came to steal,kill and destroy.
Exodus 13:15
When Pharaoh stubbornly refused to let us go, the Lord killed the firstborn of both people and animals in Egypt.
Job 27:8
For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?
Quote:
Unlike you I do not believe God goes around killing folk, because my savior said it is the devil that steals, KILLS and destroys, he said he came to save life not destroy it.
Unlike you ... we believe what God did:
Joshua 10:11
As they fled before Israel on the road down from Beth Horon to Azekah, the Lord hurled
large hailstones down on them, and more of them died from the hail than were killed by the swords of the Israelites.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Example #1
Luke 21:26 ....... is not the meaning you're suggesting

Example #2
Exodus 13:15
When Pharaoh stubbornly refused to let us go, the Lord killed the firstborn of both people and animals in Egypt.
For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?
Unlike you ... we believe what God did:
Joshua 10:11
As they fled before Israel on the road down from Beth Horon to Azekah, the Lord hurled
large hailstones down on them, and more of them died from the hail than were killed by the swords of the Israelites.

Do you understand that everytime the armies of Israel were defeated, their enemies attributed their victories over Israel to their god also ?. Israel believed that God forsook them, even though he said he never would. So do you see how screwed up they were in their perception of God ?.

Same with those weak in faith today, things aren't going right and God is against them,things are going well and God is for them.

Carry on and attribute it to your god

Old 07-15-2013, 05:48 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
Do you understand that everytime the armies of Israel were defeated, their enemies attributed their victories over Israel to their god also ?. Israel believed that God forsook them, even though he said he ever would. So do you see how screwed up they were in their perception of God ?.

Carry on and attribute it to your god
don't tell me the truth ...
Deuteronomy 20:4 "For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.”

Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemies before you, saying, ‘Destroy them!’

Let me guess .... my god gave the land of Milk and Honey to Israel since he had a carnal human mind from which Jesus came
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity