Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 09:05 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
Don't lie about me. That is sin. I forgive you but you must confess your sin to God. You see I am not convinced that I am the final authority (perhaps you think you are) but God and what He has said is the authority I base my faith and belief upon. Many reject God for your false religion and false god. I serve the resin Lord Jesus Christ.
What lie? You said anyone who teaches universal salvation is going to end up in hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman
The saddest part of this is when all these who have believed and taught a the lie of universalism end up in hell.
But then you say you are not convinced you are the final authority. So how do you know who, if anyone, will end up in any eternal hell?

Also, you probably don't even know what my "religion" is. For the record I actually go to a Catholic church right now. I just happen to also believe that God will ultimately save all as He has stated in scripture. PS I'm not even Catholic.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:06 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
I never said that. Just a straw-man ta tactic because you cannot fight against the truth of God.

Here is what Jesus (my Savior) said:

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

So argue with Jesus if you don't like it!
Well how do you know you are not one of the many ?. Is it because you believe in the bible that you are one of the many or is it because you follow the teachings of Jesus ?

Old 07-17-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
I never said that. Just a straw-man ta tactic because you cannot fight against the truth of God.

Here is what Jesus (my Savior) said:

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

So argue with Jesus if you don't like it!
This should be a scary passage for any hell-believing Christian. How do you know Jesus is not going to say "I never knew you" to you?

Furthermore, when Jesus says "depart from me", how do you know where they are departing to, and for how long? You are assuming it is into some fabled eternal hell.

Do you think Matthew 18:8 is talking about this fabled eternal hell? Try reading a better translation. Its not 'hell', its gehenna. And read the whole context. Have you cut off your foot so you won't go to hell? Why not? Do you know that everyone is going to be "salted" with this so-called "everlasting fire" - does that mean everyone is going to go to hell? Or perhaps it is talking about something else... you need to study this more and move beyond the literal if you want to understand.

Read Matthew 5 to understand what this 'gehenna' is that Jesus is talking about. It is about judgment and reconciliation/restoration.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:26 AM

PS Read all of Matt 25:31-46. It doesn't mention belief at all. Its about actually doing something. Christ said, "why do you follow me, but not do what I say?" (paraphrased). What did He say? To love God and love your neighbor as yourself, to the extent that we should even love our enemies. This means things like feeding the hungry, clothing the poor, taking care of the sick...

Old 07-17-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I was totally "" when I read that also.... "God missing the mark" ..... people, brother and sister in the Lord, listen carefully and closely as the Holy Spirit will keep your heart and will reveal the lies, the twisting, and the backhanded accusation of this false teaching of universalism....

Blessings twin and to several others here in always pointing out and confronting all the subtle lies of the false teaching that come here proclaiming to be God's truth.....
Cyber, God doesn't miss the mark. So that should tell you He won't miss when He says He will have all men to be saved.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Cyber, AMEN! WE must continue to show the love of Jesus Christ and tell people that satan has deceived the true way to salvation through Jesus Christ. They serve a god that has missed the mark and we must continue to expose that to them with the light of God's love.
Wow way to twist things around. Its always amazing to me. You've totally twisted this. Ironic, given Cyber Munchkin's comments about "twisting".

Balunman, tell me straight up. Do you believe God wishes, wants, intends, and wills that all people be saved?

Old 07-17-2013, 10:01 AM

796 posts, read 858,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
What lie? You said anyone who teaches universal salvation is going to end up in hell.

But then you say you are not convinced you are the final authority. So how do you know who, if anyone, will end up in any eternal hell?

Also, you probably don't even know what my "religion" is. For the record I actually go to a Catholic church right now. I just happen to also believe that God will ultimately save all as He has stated in scripture. PS I'm not even Catholic.
Your lie was what you said about me. You made a false accusation.

I do not have to be the final authority to accept what God has said. And I know if you do not do as God say's then the result will be what God say's. I simply accept God and what He has said not only Himself but His Son Jesus Christ and what God has revealed through His Apostles and Prophets and had them record for us so we have no doubt what He said. When you reject what God has said like you are you are setting yourself above God and the fall will be great if you continue.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
This should be a scary passage for any hell-believing Christian. How do you know Jesus is not going to say "I never knew you" to you?

Furthermore, when Jesus says "depart from me", how do you know where they are departing to, and for how long? You are assuming it is into some fabled eternal hell.

Do you think Matthew 18:8 is talking about this fabled eternal hell? Try reading a better translation. Its not 'hell', its gehenna. And read the whole context. Have you cut off your foot so you won't go to hell? Why not? Do you know that everyone is going to be "salted" with this so-called "everlasting fire" - does that mean everyone is going to go to hell? Or perhaps it is talking about something else... you need to study this more and move beyond the literal if you want to understand.

Read Matthew 5 to understand what this 'gehenna' is that Jesus is talking about. It is about judgment and reconciliation/restoration.
Oh so now your correct what God has said.

Done with you!

Old 07-17-2013, 10:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I was totally "" when I read that also.... "God missing the mark" ..... people, brother and sister in the Lord, listen carefully and closely as the Holy Spirit will keep your heart and will reveal the lies, the twisting, and the backhanded accusation of this false teaching of universalism....

Blessings twin and to several others here in always pointing out and confronting all the subtle lies of the false teaching that come here proclaiming to be God's truth.....
It is easy to invent a 'goal' and then claim it was not met. Jesus also missed the 'goal' of walking to China and back, but then again, that was not HIS goal. The UR goal was invented by the URs themselves, so it is 100% meaningless. Jesus met the goal His father had set him, and that's the only thing than matters.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Wow way to twist things around. Its always amazing to me. You've totally twisted this. Ironic, given Cyber Munchkin's comments about "twisting".

Balunman, tell me straight up. Do you believe God wishes, wants, intends, and wills that all people be saved?
My personal views or thoughts has nothing to do with it. I have shown you what Jesus said and you decided you know more than God and corrected it. So there is no common ground to discuss with you since you reject God and what God say's.

I am moving on. Too many honest people to discuss what God has said with. They don't believe they know more than God like you do. !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity