Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Several members of the 20th-century Heaven's Gate cult were found to have been castrated, apparently voluntarily and for the same reasons
That's the unkindest "cut" of all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 12:26 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
There are some pretty funny names in the Bible too--
Zippor, Balaam, Ham, Nimrod, Uz, Mash, Diklah, Jobab (like Joe Bob), Dorcas.

Job 13:5 (New International Version)
If only you would be altogether silent! For you, that would be wisdom.

Proverbs 29:20 (New Living Translation)
There is more hope for a fool than for someone who speaks without thinking.

Now isn't that what a fool does, speaks without thinking....

Football. At least, the pure version of football, where you play with a pigskin.

Leviticus 11:8, which is discussing pigs, reads "You shall not eat of their flesh nor touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you."

And you're doubly breaking that if you go throw around the football. Or go to the county fair and enter a greased pig catching contest......

Now this one with not eating anything found dead (road kill) yet, you can give it or sell it to your neighbor....
Deuteronomy 14:21 (New International Version)
Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to an alien living in any of your towns and he may eat it, or you may sell it to a foreigner...

Old 07-28-2013, 06:24 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,614 times
(quote): Deuteronomy 23:1 "If a man's testicles are crushed or his penis is cut off, he may not be admitted to the assembly of the LORD. (quote)

Oh, the pain ...

One I like is (paraphrasing), "He was so terrified; his knees knocked together and his bowels were loosened".

I didn't know that was possible until I read that in the Bible.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
(quote): Deuteronomy 23:1 "If a man's testicles are crushed or his penis is cut off, he may not be admitted to the assembly of the LORD. (quote)

Oh, the pain ...

One I like is (paraphrasing), "He was so terrified; his knees knocked together and his bowels were loosened".

I didn't know that was possible until I read that in the Bible.
Oh, it's possible all right.

In fact, it's predictable if one is frightened enough.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:47 AM

670 posts, read 815,365 times
How about:
"A man shall not lay with a man as he does women, for that is Unclean."
LoL
First that is physically impossible as men do not have the required sex organ,
Second even if you over look that fact this verse only rules out male homosexuality and not female homosexuality.

So ladies you can be as gay as you want. LoL

I'm straight guys so don't get the wrong idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity