U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 11:23 PM

19,993 posts, read 12,565,772 times

Advertisements

Abby Johnson: Abortion Doc Told Patient "I Will Take Your Sin" | LifeNews.com

"Then he did something that left me speechless. He walked over to her and stood next to my chair. He took her hand and began talking to her. “Why the tears?” he said. “I just feel really guilty about doing this,” she responded. He asked her why she felt guilty. She said, “Because I just know this is a sin.” He paused for a minute and looked at her…he was looking at her so carefully…so cautiously…I had never seen one of our doctors treat a patient like this before. He smiled gently at her and said, “No. It is not your sin. It is mine. I will take on your sin. I commit the sin. Not you.”

So sad they know it is a sin but still rationalize going through with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 11:27 PM

154 posts, read 159,235 times
Gosh, that's sad. But it is true. They are rationalizing it. It even seems (to me) what he is doing is "honorable", like taking the place of someone in a sacrifice.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylightMike231 View Post
Gosh, that's sad. But it is true. They are rationalizing it. It even seems (to me) what he is doing is "honorable", like taking the place of someone in a sacrifice.

Too bad he doesn't realize only Christ can do that for anybody. He is being paid for doing the abortion afterall.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:02 AM

22,447 posts, read 11,601,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Abby Johnson: Abortion Doc Told Patient "I Will Take Your Sin" | LifeNews.com

"Then he did something that left me speechless. He walked over to her and stood next to my chair. He took her hand and began talking to her. “Why the tears?” he said. “I just feel really guilty about doing this,” she responded. He asked her why she felt guilty. She said, “Because I just know this is a sin.” He paused for a minute and looked at her…he was looking at her so carefully…so cautiously…I had never seen one of our doctors treat a patient like this before. He smiled gently at her and said, “No. It is not your sin. It is mine. I will take on your sin. I commit the sin. Not you.”

So sad they know it is a sin but still rationalize going through with it.
As any good healer would, he was trying to ease her pain.

As few healers are able, or wish to do, he also offered to help bear her cross -- so to speak.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
As any good healer would, he was trying to ease her pain.

As few healers are able, or wish to do, he also offered to help bear her cross -- so to speak.
Plus line his pockets. I would believe him more if he had helped her for free. Read the article. Abby Johnson found it weird. She is the one who worked in abortion clinics until she could not take it anymore and now she helps those who have been hurt about abortions plus help abortion workers get out of it.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:45 AM

154 posts, read 159,235 times
Yeah, I agree with Janelle here. But how can he be a healer when he is helping to end a life and provide possible emotional trauma/discomfort for however long the effects last? How are those traits of a healer?

In fact, he was the one who put himself in that position. No one forced nor coerced him to become an abortionist. It is his paid profession. Now in retrospect, I find the act off-putting.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:26 AM

11,822 posts, read 9,679,289 times
Not surprising ... the alter of liberals and\or God haters is abortion.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:54 PM

796 posts, read 657,017 times
The murderer telling the person paying him to murder and assisting in the murder by allowing him to kill her child thinking he can absolve the sin they both are committing. They are both murderers plain and simple. They both are guilty of the sin.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:20 PM

22,447 posts, read 11,601,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
The murderer telling the person paying him to murder and assisting in the murder by allowing him to kill her child thinking he can absolve the sin they both are committing. They are both murderers plain and simple. They both are guilty of the sin.

How....godlike of you.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:42 AM

No one can take another's sin. Only Jesus could take our sins and die for them since He was God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity