Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 11:39 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have every right to be outraged by such a satanic doctrine . . . especially its depiction using young children, sisters! The doctrine has been responsible for producing people who supported some of the most heinous evils in our human history . . . all in the name of God! that we have retained such barbaric and savage beliefs for over 2000+ years is a sad commentary on the evolution of the human heart and its spiritual development.
It is the most vile doctrine known unto man. I am a convicted that the evangelical bible inerrantists will be punished severely for holding it over the lives of others without mercy,unless fully they repent of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 11:49 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It is the most vile doctrine known unto man. I am a convicted that the evangelical bible inerrantists will be punished severely for holding it over the lives of others without mercy,unless fully they repent of it.

I hope not. That description fits most of my family. On the other hand, it fit me once too, and I know it took a huge toll on me until I repented of it, so maybe you're right.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:10 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I hope not. That description fits most of my family. On the other hand, it fit me once too, and I know it took a huge toll on me until I repented of it, so maybe you're right.
And Jesus said:
"And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

" Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ "

" Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them."

"There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day."

and of those who oppose what Jesus said ... he also said of them:
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires.
He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
We'll see to whom the accusations of the most vile doctrine known unto man belongs to .....

Old 07-30-2013, 12:13 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
However the truth is this play has caused thousands and thousands of people to be saved which is always a good thing.
What do you mean by saved?

Do you mean at peace with themselves and the world around them, secure in their faith no matter what the rest of the world thinks of Christianity, and hopeful of the future that God has in store for them?

Or do you mean... Neurotic scared hysterics, that are deeply afraid of themselves and loved ones going to Hell, and will start with mini-sermons to people who aren't interested just to "save" them?

Because the latter category is what this sort of thing has supposedly saved. They probably aren't, though. They don't have faith, they don't have boundaries, and they barely have common decency.

The Gospel is not a Weapon - YouTube

Also, this looks like a cheese 70s movie, and Jesus is creepy.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
If we want to take the bible literally then I don't see any other way those who persist in the doctrine of it, having been made aware of their error can avoid what is to come for them. Punished until they pay the last farthing.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:24 PM

TwinSpin

You will learn one day that these scriptures you love to quote while dismissing those that draw a person back to God are referring to your good self.

Common decency????? You cannot hold your peace about the most vile doctrine known to man and you want to talk about common decency ?.

You don't have a single scripture that Jesus Christ saves us from eternal hell, when will this sink in?.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
What do you mean by saved?

Do you mean at peace with themselves and the world around them, secure in their faith no matter what the rest of the world thinks of Christianity, and hopeful of the future that God has in store for them?

Or do you mean... Neurotic scared hysterics, that are deeply afraid of themselves and loved ones going to Hell, and will start with mini-sermons to people who aren't interested just to "save" them?

Because the latter category is what this sort of thing has supposedly saved. They probably aren't, though. They don't have faith, they don't have boundaries, and they barely have common decency.

The Gospel is not a Weapon - YouTube

Also, this looks like a cheese 70s movie, and Jesus is creepy.
Anything truth can be presented incorrectly by human dramatization \ sensationalism ... but that doesn't remove the fact that Jesus spoke these very words:
"And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' "

" Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ "

" Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them."

"There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day."
and everything Jesus spoke is the truth and will happen.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:35 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Fear mongering never drew a soul to Christ, ever.
It's ridiculous. Wanting to scare people into following Jesus.

All this condemning people and saying they're following satan is nothing more that regular ol' human beings, who are full of sin themselves, wanting the power to tell people how evil they are. Certain types LOVE the chance to tell each other how evil everyone else is. I assume they get some sort of release after they've made these proclamations.

Personally I consider presuming to tell someone else that they are working for satan about as evil as it gets because it can harm the innocent. NO ONE knows what is in our hearts but God.

Thankfully, the scroll button is easy to use.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-30-2013 at 12:54 PM..

Old 07-30-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
TwinSpin
You will learn one day that these scriptures you love to quote while dismissing those that draw a person back to God are referring to your good self.
I can't learn anything from the wantonly blind, wantonly deaf, those who rejected the truth other than they are destined to their fate.

Quote:
Common decency????? You cannot hold your peace about the most vile doctrine known to man and you want to talk about common decency ?.
I didn't bring up that up ... but when one needs spaghetti to attempt to justify accusing Jesus of something, it's not surprising that anything makes sense.

Quote:
You don't have a single scripture that Jesus Christ saves us from eternal hell, when will this sink in?.
Once you hear this being said from Jesus:

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' "

it will sink in ........ even for you.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I can't learn anything from the wantonly blind, wantonly deaf, those who rejected the truth other than they are destined to their fate.

I didn't bring up that up ... but when one needs spaghetti to attempt to justify accusing Jesus of something, it's not surprising that anything makes sense.

Once you hear this being said from Jesus:

it will sink in ........ even for you.
They said the same kind of things to Jesus.

They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”

We believe in Jesus and the bible is not going to cut it for you who hold on to the vile doctrine of eternal hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity