Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 11:32 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
So what all of you are saying is:

John 3:36 says, Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them. (so says John, the apostle) So what I hear is those who reject Christ are cool. No problem? OK...? You'll be OK despite what scripture says.

Matt 10:28 says, Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. (so says Jesus) No worries this is not for real (despite what Jesus says).

I love universalism. No worries however I live my life. I can be in total sin and spit in the face of God and I am still heaven bound.

This is SO COOL! No need to be right with God. I can live a life of selfish sin and debauchery and still go heaven! I love universalism. Sign me up. No need to accept Christ!!! Sweet.

Well I hope you guys are right, cuz I am going to devote my life to being in sin thinking that I am good heaven wise. What's more, I'm telling all of my friends and family they don't need to be right with God in this life. Heck Yea! Party till you drop! ***-in yea!

I love universalism. Much better than that stupid idea that you need to accept Jesus as savior and be right with God in this life.
You dodged the question, which is:

Does God's wrath last forever (John 3:36)
OR
Does His wrath last but a moment (Psalm 30:5)

I know, I know....

"Well, it depends...."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 11:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Matt 10:28 is talking about being fearless in the world, that in Christ we have no fear under a loving God who is also the one who "set things up" and could tear them down. Notice please that it does not say, "who destroys body and soul in hell."

John 3:36 has been addressed more than once, and the point is that "wrath" does not appear to be an emotional state we think of when it is mentioned, but a clear dislike for the things and attitudes of the people who are so self-centered as to reject the Way that Jesus said He is. Such a stance is going to involve measures of correction and some of those measures will not be "a walk in the park."

Does that approach the answers you are looking for?
He's not looking for an answer, he merely wants to vent.
And from reading his posts; it's a temper-tantrum:

"A loss in mental balance and composure."

Old 08-02-2013, 04:41 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
When posted in a discussion the universalists just close their fingers (as in typing a response) and hoped no one noticed. So I have decided to make these two biblical cites the subject of this thread. I copied my post in another thread which was carefully ignored by universalists.
Seems some parts of the NT conflict with universalism. God is love, but not all lovey dovey. Wrath and destroy is part of God's nature. Not so happy, happy. Please note:

John 3:36 says, Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them. (so says John, the apostle)

Matt 10:28 says, Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. (so says Jesus)
What do you actually believe the wrath of God is ?, and what was it doing to you before you believed the bible ?.

Did Jesus not say that he came to save life not destroy it ?.

Did not Jesus say that it was the devil that came to destroy ?.

Identify who the devil is and you find out who the one is who destroys.( so says pcamps)

Old 08-02-2013, 05:37 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:

John 3:36 says, Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them. (so says John, the apostle) So what I hear is those who reject Christ are cool. No problem? OK...? You'll be OK despite what scripture says.

Matt 10:28 says, Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. (so says Jesus) No worries this is not for real (despite what Jesus says).

I love universalism. No worries however I live my life. I can be in total sin and spit in the face of God and I am still heaven bound.

This is SO COOL! No need to be right with God. I can live a life of selfish sin and debauchery and still go heaven! I love universalism. Sign me up. No need to accept Christ!!! Sweet.

Well I hope you guys are right, cuz I am going to devote my life to being in sin thinking that I am good heaven wise. What's more, I'm telling all of my friends and family they don't need to be right with God in this life. Heck Yea! Party till you drop! ***-in yea!

I love universalism. Much better than that stupid idea that you need to accept Jesus as savior and be right with God in this life.
No one as said anything of the sort. There are eternal hell believers on another thread almost admitting if there is no eternal hell they would basically live how they want. All the belief of eternal does is keep you fighting that which you beleve is sending you there in the first place(sin and unbelief), you become more sin conscious than when you first believed. Those who believe he is the Savior of all that was sent to bless us by turning us from our evils ways are Christ conscious, they have turned from looking at that which condemned us,and turned to him who accepts us in the beloved.

Sin is not partying up, I love a good party. Sin is living a life seperated in your mind from Christ.

To be Christ mind is life and peace.

To live without Christ is sin and death.

Yes I know so says pcamps the scary one.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:32 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
God made a promise that because of our sin we would die, both spiritually and physically. That is something common to all mankind. Now, because God is merciful and does not desire to see the destruction of all of His creation He made a plan for the redemption of that creation. As we are taught in Ephesians, God chose before the foundation of the world His elect. Those who in His love and mercy for them He would save from the consequences of their sin and rebellion. This salvation is completely of God. We are elected, chosen and adopted by Him as special examples of His grace. Our own corrupted will plays no part whatsoever in this.

In this world we can receive two things. We can receive justice from God for our sin and rebellion or we can receive Grace, Grace is defined as "Unearned favour" and it's God who bestows this upon who He Desires to.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:02 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
...] So what I hear is those who reject Christ are cool. No problem? OK...? You'll be OK despite what scripture says.[/b]
Can you show me the fragment of a conversation in this thread where someone said that or implied it?

Old 08-02-2013, 08:51 AM

796 posts, read 858,684 times
Quote:
When posted in a discussion the universalists just close their fingers (as in typing a response) and hoped no one noticed. So I have decided to make these two biblical cites the subject of this thread. I copied my post in another thread which was carefully ignored by universalists.
Seems some parts of the NT conflict with universalism. God is love, but not all lovey dovey. Wrath and destroy is part of God's nature. Not so happy, happy. Please note:

John 3:36 says, Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them. (so says John, the apostle)

Matt 10:28 says, Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. (so says Jesus)
John 3:36 is the very words of Jesus declaring that those who reject Him will reap God's wrath.

Matt 10:28 is Jesus Christ warning those who have not believed in Him that He can and will destroy both their body and soul in Hell.

Now if Jesus can warn the He will put people in hell then why do some claim that God cannot? This is just 2 examples that the Universalist anti-Christ cult cannot overcome.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Why bother discussing Theology with them in the first place?
It's casting your pearls before swine for sure!
An excellent point. While speaking the truth is always a good thing. Even Jesus suggested we should not feed His truth to the swine or dogs.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:

Yes universalism is the cowards way out. Just stay in darkness where you feel at home and they promise you will end up in heaven. Even though no darkness will be there. Oh that's right they claim the parts of the bible that expose them as the writings of their savage ancestors.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:03 AM

Universalism is just satans same old lie. "You will not sure die"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity