U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 09:23 PM

28,218 posts, read 47,632,920 times

Advertisements

ATLANTA -- An Atlanta minister has released his church's finances in response to a Senate investigation into alleged financial wrongdoing that targets him and five other well-known televangelists.

The Rev. Creflo Dollar's World Changers Church International took in $69 million in 2006, according to a financial statement released to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Televangelist Releases Financial Documents - News Story - WGCL Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 07:01 AM

24 posts, read 68,134 times
I wonder how much Jesus' earthly ministry took in while he was on earth?

YouTube - MY JESUS

I dont recall Jesus living in a huge house either

Old 11-12-2007, 08:26 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,185,541 times
Jesus may not have lived in a huge house, but living in a big house is not a sin. Just because they receive a large salary for their ministry does not mean that we have a right to judge. We have no idea how much they are putting back into the ministry or into missions or anything else that would be of help to people.

Also, some of them, like Joyce Meyers, also have a lot of book sales that would contribute to their wealth. Their money doesn't come exclusively from their actual ministry position.

God will ultimately be the judge of whether these people placed higher value on their money or their relationship with Him. We have no idea. All we can do is speculate...and while we're doing that, how are we being good stewards of our time? Shouldn't we be busy attending to that plank in our own eye?

Old 11-12-2007, 08:36 AM

3 days on and Im am already feeling the need to remove the plank.

just comfirmed what I thought to be true and why I quit going to church, some folks just dont wanna hear the truth.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenaline2 View Post
3 days on and Im am already feeling the need to remove the plank.

just comfirmed what I thought to be true and why I quit going to church, some folks just dont wanna hear the truth.
I think you misunderstood me. I personally love that song that you posted. It is filled with truth that many want to ignore. I'm not one of those people who would ignore it.

I was simply meaning (and my post above was not directed at you) that we have no idea about the inner-workings of these people's hearts. We should let God do the judging.

I'm sorry that you felt the need to quit going to church based off of other people. And I apologize for offending you in my previous post.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:52 AM

Oh, and welcome to CD, adrenaline2.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:04 AM

no offense taken, I probably should have put a lol on the front of my first statement as I have the ability to come off as a pain in the backside..

and thank you

Old 11-12-2007, 11:34 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,208,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
Just because they receive a large salary for their ministry does not mean that we have a right to judge.
No.. No we don't. However, thankfully the Federal Government has a say in how much an executive receives as the head of a non-profit and they have a complete judicial system to rely on in order to hand out the judgements.

If found guilty he/she might be trading in Versace pinstripes for Orange Jumpsuits. At least I can only hope..

Old 11-12-2007, 12:16 PM

If they are doing something that is illegal, that makes it entirely different. I simply meant that if they are within the law and drawing their salaries honestly, then we have no right to judge.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:24 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,208,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
If they are doing something that is illegal, that makes it entirely different. I simply meant that if they are within the law and drawing their salaries honestly, then we have no right to judge.
I think after awhile the whole "we don't have a right to judge" gets carried away. At what point in time do we have a right to use our minds to make a judgement when something smells fishy. I don't disagree with you that if he/she hasn't done anything wrong illegally then they should be ok. However, I personally don't turn a blind eye to a "minister" who rides around in a Rolls Royce. Doesn't pass the "hmmmmmmm" test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or