Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 03:25 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The term is "inspired," and literal translations do ann injustice to the concept, and the rest of the verse says, "and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,"

Not, "and is the only source of knowledge or instruction to the believer in Christ."
What are the other sources, and what are they telling you that differs from Scripture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 05:25 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What are the other sources, and what are they telling you that differs from Scripture?
Christ within.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:49 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The term is "inspired," and literal translations do ann injustice to the concept, and the rest of the verse says, "and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,"

Not, "and is the only source of knowledge or instruction to the believer in Christ."
Did God really say ...
"All scriptures is God-breathed"

or

"All scriptures and __"and other sources"____ is God-breathed".
False teachers and those who do Satan's will point people away from scriptures .... every time when given the opportunity.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Christ within.
And what is He telling you that differs from Scripture?

Old 08-12-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
And what is He telling you that differs from Scripture?
This is the way walk ye in it. God leads from within....... The scriptures testify of this.

Answer me a question. Why did Jesus Christ say learn of me?, and what exactly do you think it is we are learning from him ?.

What Jesus Christ taught is my final authority, he taught like no other man taught, and opens our understanding of the scriptures so that we can see that what he taught is the way to the Father. You believe the bible is inspired, believe also in me.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
This is the way walk ye in it. God leads from within....... The scriptures testify of this.
But that's from Scripture-Isaiah 30. If there are other sources besides Scripture, are they telling you something different, and what is that?

Quote:
Answer me a question. Why did Jesus Christ say learn of me?, and what exactly do you think it is we are learning from him ?.

What Jesus Christ taught is my final authority, he taught like no other man taught, and opens our understanding of the scriptures so that we can see that what he taught is the way to the Father. You believe the bible is inspired, believe also in me.
Everything we know of Jesus is from the Scriptures. The Spirit that lives within all Christians illuminates the written Word.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
But that's from Scripture-Isaiah 30. If there are other sources besides Scripture, are they telling you something different, and what is that?

Everything we know of Jesus is from the Scriptures. The Spirit that lives within all Christians illuminates the written Word.
Alright then,Pcamps, that desire in you is me speaking to you and leading you ?.

Answer me a question. Why did Jesus Christ, whom scriptures testify that he lives within, say learn of me?, and what exactly do you think it is we are learning from him ?.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:44 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Did God really say ...

or

False teachers and those who do Satan's will point people away from scriptures .... every time when given the opportunity.
I'm pretty sure it was Paul that said it, and the term in use at the time and culture meant just what we mean when we talk about "inspiration" as for a song, or a story or whatever. You may know of Paul, he's the same one that said, "He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

As for differences there may be several such as the idea that owning another person is intrinsically wrong, but the main point to be made is that we are not shackled to the concept of looking in scripture for the answers to all questions, we have our intelligence, the experience of people we know to be followers of Christ past and present, but most of all we have the Spirit who is able to led us into the appropriate knowledge as tested by the fruit of the Spirit. No one here is pointing away from scripture, we are pointing to the fact that scripture is a useful tool FOR the Spirit.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:05 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:

Old 08-12-2013, 10:35 PM

670 posts, read 814,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Did God really say ...

or

People wrote them not God so scriptures are imperfect by default.

Also it's Are not Is! LoL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity