Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 12:25 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
No one can ever be "good enough" to get into heaven.

This is why God sent his son Jesus as our savior.
What about the Muslims?

And the Jews?

What happens to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 12:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Then why ask ... other than to confirm your hatred of the truth.
Couldn't you have gotten the same answer in the godless forums where the godless can mock to their hearts delight?
Speak for yourself. I am not godless.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Then why ask ... other than to confirm your hatred of the truth.
Couldn't you have gotten the same answer in the godless forums where the godless can mock to their hearts delight?
It is not hatred for the truth. I simply cannot believe God would be so discriminatory. Why leave behind a Jew? Can you exaplain the logic?

Old 08-13-2013, 12:31 PM

This what the catholic church says about Jews and Muslims:

Quote:
The Church and non-Christians

839 "Those who have not yet received the Gospel are related to the People of God in various ways."325

The relationship of the Church with the Jewish People. When she delves into her own mystery, the Church, the People of God in the New Covenant, discovers her link with the Jewish People,326 "the first to hear the Word of God."327 The Jewish faith, unlike other non-Christian religions, is already a response to God's revelation in the Old Covenant. To the Jews "belong the sonship, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; to them belong the patriarchs, and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ",328 "for the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable."329

840 And when one considers the future, God's People of the Old Covenant and the new People of God tend towards similar goals: expectation of the coming (or the return) of the Messiah. But one awaits the return of the Messiah who died and rose from the dead and is recognized as Lord and Son of God; the other awaits the coming of a Messiah, whose features remain hidden till the end of time; and the latter waiting is accompanied by the drama of not knowing or of misunderstanding Christ Jesus.

841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."330

842 The Church's bond with non-Christian religions is in the first place the common origin and end of the human race:

Old 08-13-2013, 12:33 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
So if you are born in a non-Christian country and you never heard of Jesus you are toast?
Yes.
Quote:
Is that the kind of God you worship? I cannot believe God would do that?
You'd rather worship a God that would allow Saddam Hussein and his thug sons to waltz into Heaven?
Quote:
Can you explain how God could do that?
It's entirely up to him.

Quote:
I am trying to have a dialogue. I want to understand Protestants. I am a Catholic and I am trying to understand others.
I did not realize that.

It's my understanding the Catholic church has anathematized all non-Catholics.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:36 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
It is not hatred for the truth. I simply cannot believe God would be so discriminatory. Why leave behind a Jew? Can you exaplain the logic?
Why not .. or don't you believe what God said of the Jews:
Leviticus 26:43
... They will pay for their sins because they rejected my laws and abhorred my decrees.

Ezekiel 20:16
because they rejected my laws and did not follow my decrees and desecrated my Sabbaths. For their hearts were devoted to their idols.

Psalm 78:59
When God heard them, he was furious; he rejected Israel completely.

Jeremiah 6:30
They are called rejected silver, because the Lord has rejected them.”
As Jesus said:
Matthew 21:42
Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures: “
‘The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone;
the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? "

The fact is the Jews were first to have the truth and they rejected

Old 08-13-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yes.

You'd rather worship a God that would allow Saddam Hussein and his thug sons to waltz into Heaven?

It's entirely up to him.
I think you are no different than some Muslims and Jews. They also say the same thing you say. They say my religion is better than yours.

I agree with the statement: "It is up to God". And I believe God would allow all comers to be saved. If God does not do that then I rather find another God. But, that is a moot point. Muslims and Jews pray to the same God you pray.

Perhaps, you have a very narrow view of God.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:39 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Speak for yourself. I am not godless.
So you're fooled by yourself ... I'm not, I've heard enough from you to know better.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Why not .. or don't you believe what God said of the Jews:
Leviticus 26:43
... They will pay for their sins because they rejected my laws and abhorred my decrees.

Ezekiel 20:16
because they rejected my laws and did not follow my decrees and desecrated my Sabbaths. For their hearts were devoted to their idols.

Psalm 78:59
When God heard them, he was furious; he rejected Israel completely.

Jeremiah 6:30
They are called rejected silver, because the Lord has rejected them.”
As Jesus said:
Matthew 21:42
Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures: “
‘The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone;
the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? "

The fact is the Jews were first to have the truth and they rejected
They don't believe Jesus is the son of God. So what? They are still going to heaven. God is able to forgive!

Old 08-13-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yes.

It's entirely up to him.

I did not realize that.

It's my understanding the Catholic church has anathematized all non-Catholics.
Did you read the part of the Cathecism I posted above?

The church welcomes all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity