Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 06:16 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
That is bs, you know that.

Hitler does not have a chance in heaven. However, soldiers who followed orders DO NOT suffer from the fate simply because they are the ones who follow orders. Don't put words in my mouth.

You are the one who keeps on asking the stupid question, "Did Hitler directly kill anybody?"

are you suggesting since he (Hitler) did not directly kill anybody, he would have a chance in heaven?

LOL My own brother served in the Marine Corps. If anybody have a chance in heaven, that would be my own brother. Get that fact straight. Your comment is very offensive.
No one is "obliged" to commit an act that is contrary to God's commands. If we are told to Love our enemies, but we don't do that, then we are the ones responsible. We don't "shoulder the blame" onto our "leaders." Sorry.

It's not that hard to understand. You are responsible for your actions, and no one else.

Peace.
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 06:19 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
These are both not just untrue but lies from hell itself. There is NO scriptural evidence of purgatory whatsoever and not everyone goes to heaven. Hell exists and God will send people there.

Read for yourself:

Matthew 25:31-46 says,

It doesn't get any clearer than this. Hell exists. It's eternal. It was created for Satan and his fallen angels but we are all the children of who we obey, God or Satan. If we are not Gods, we are Satan's and will spend eternity with him, just as those who obey God are His children and will spend eternity with Him. And God will send them there.

NOTE: If you're going to say anything against this, you MUST say what it is about THIS scripture that you don't believe.

This is outright blasphemy. No one can pay the price for their sins. That's why Jesus was sent to the earth to live a blameless, sinless life and die on the cross as the ONLY payment of sins for those who will receive it. (And not everyone will receive it.)

What you said completely takes away from what Christ did on the cross and you're in need of repentance. It goes COMPLETELY against so many scriptures. Where is YOUR evidence that what you said is true and biblical?
Oh good grief

Old 08-22-2013, 06:21 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
No one is "obliged" to commit an act that is contrary to God's commands. If we are told to Love our enemies, but we don't do that, then we are the ones responsible. We don't "shoulder the blame" onto our "leaders." Sorry.

It's not that hard to understand. You are responsible for your actions, and no one else.

Peace.
brian
So why don't you answer this question yourself? Are those Marines who lost their lives in World War II in hell right now simply because they killed somebody during war? Do people committed suicide end up in hell too, even if they suffered from terminal mental illness?

Iwo Jima Flag Raising - First and Second - YouTube

Old 08-22-2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:
So why don't you answer this question yourself? Are those Marines who lost their lives in World War II in hell right now simply because they killed somebody during war? Do people committed suicide end up in hell too, even if they suffered from terminal mental illness?

Iwo Jima Flag Raising - First and Second - YouTube
Anyone who kills another person has not obeyed Jesus' command to "love thine enemy" and "love thy neighbor as thyself." You need to look beyond the color of the flag and look at the person. We are all the same underneath.

Suicide is similar, yet different.

At any rate, it's you who are talking about people going to hell, not me. Did I say that marines are in hell?

Peace.
brian

Old 08-22-2013, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Anyone who kills another person has not obeyed Jesus' command to "love thine enemy" and "love thy neighbor as thyself." You need to look beyond the color of the flag and look at the person. We are all the same underneath.

Suicide is similar, yet different.

At any rate, it's you who are talking about people going to hell, not me. Did I say that marines are in hell?

Peace.
brian
You are still dodging my question.

Is Hitler in hell or heaven?

What about the Marines who killed enemies during world war II? Are they in heaven or hell?

What about somebody who committed suicide due to terminal mental illness (like my late boyfriend), is he in heaven or in hell?

Old 08-22-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
You are still dodging my question.

Is Hitler in hell or heaven?

What about the Marines who killed enemies during world war II? Are they in heaven or hell?

What about somebody who committed suicide due to terminal mental illness (like my late boyfriend), is he in heaven or in hell?
You ask 100 people, you get 100 different answers.

Personally, I think God will save everyone. Hell is the suffering we experience when we realize our need for God. I don't have any reason think that all the people you mentioned have not been shown God's grace, love, forgiveness and healing.

Blessings,
brian

Old 08-22-2013, 06:40 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
I once heard that the bible mentions something called judgment day. not sure how long it is going to be, silly to believe it will be 24 hrs. maybe several thousand years, who knows. but, is not that suppose to take place before dead people go anywhere?

Old 08-22-2013, 06:46 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Purgatory is for those you call God's children. Carrying out a genocide of millions of people and claiming at the last moment "I believe in you Jesus!" does not erase the effects of your sins. That belief of yours is what's a "lie from hell."

Purgatory is not damnation but salvation. God is not just merciful but just. And due to His justic some or many will enter heaven through purgation and the mercy of God is because of that which leads them to heaven.

Nonsense, no boxer has to fight the fight of another boxer. A Christian does not have to follow the demands of a Muslim to only argue from the Koran. And no Catholic or atheist or Jew has to follow the demands of a Protestant as to how they must proceed in an argument.

The bible is not even needed for a lay Catholic. The bible is like one breast of a woman. The church is like the whole body of a woman. Now, why would some man want to go to bed with one severed breast?
Some Christians could gain so much perspective if they would read your post with an open mind and heart.

Great job, well said

Old 08-22-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
If Hitler didn't kill anybody himself, then why all this talk about him? The ones who do the killing are the guilty ones. The military commanders, soldiers, etc. are the ones who committed the atrocities, not Hitler.

So Hitler would stand a better chance of being "forgiven" than many SS soldiers.

Quote:
You ask 100 people, you get 100 different answers.

Personally, I think God will save everyone. Hell is the suffering we experience when we realize our need for God. I don't have any reason think that all the people you mentioned have not been shown God's grace, love, forgiveness and healing.

Blessings,
brian
I see now you changed your words. okay.

Don't contradict yourself.

If you truly believe "God's grace, love, forgiveness and healing" Then, you wouldn't have made the previous comment, "The ones who do the killing are the guilty ones. The military commanders, soldiers, etc. are the ones who committed the atrocities, not Hitler.

So Hitler would stand a better chance of being "forgiven" than many SS soldiers"

Since this thread is about Hitler, and I will TRY to answer your previous question, "Why is Hitler special?"

General Eisenhower one said, "I never dreamed that such cruelty, beastiality, and savagery could really exist in this world... I made the visit deliberately, in order to be in a position to give first hand evidence of these thins if ever, in the future, there develops a tendency to charge these allegations merely to propaganda."

Old 08-22-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
I see now you changed your words. okay.

Don't contradict yourself.

If you truly believe "God's grace, love, forgiveness and healing" Then, you wouldn't have made the previous comment, "The ones who do the killing are the guilty ones. The military commanders, soldiers, etc. are the ones who committed the atrocities, not Hitler.

So Hitler would stand a better chance of being "forgiven" than many SS soldiers"

Since this thread is about Hitler, and I will TRY to answer your previous question, "Why is Hitler special?"

General Eisenhower one said, "I never dreamed that such cruelty, beastiality, and savagery could really exist in this world... I made the visit deliberately, in order to be in a position to give first hand evidence of these thins if ever, in the future, there develops a tendency to charge these allegations merely to propaganda."
I haven't changed positions. I'm arguing the idea that, if we think someone has committed an atrocious "sin," then we ought to look at who actually committed it, and not the one who ordered it.

Yet on the grand scale of things, everyone, including Hitler (who I think has committed less atrocities than many other people) will be healed, converted, saved, sanctified.

And, if we say we are Christians, we ought to also heal and forgive others, and not participate in committing atrocities, no matter who commands it.

Peace.
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity