Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 03:19 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
Every thing happens for a reason.
For which reason did the Holocaust and all other genocide and ethnic cleansings occur?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 03:20 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Where in the bible ( Chapter and Verse ) does it say that HIV or AIDS is a sin ?

HIV and AIDS are a virus.

Only people can commit sins - not bacteria, virus's or any disease.

Not sure why you would expect to find this information in the Bible??

Old 08-25-2013, 03:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17;31125[I
452]
However it was created by God for a purpose, to punish those who have promiscuous unmarried sex.
Oh, really?

So. All the people who have contracted HIV/AIDS but NEVER had promiscuous, unmarried sex..... Are they a part of this "punishment" too? Or are they a (God's voice) "Oops, sorry about that." by-product?

Tell us where all the babies and transfusion recipients fit in with God's plan to punish. This I have to hear.

Six million put in the ovens during the holocaust. Wouldn't you think that God would punish the Nazi's? It's always sexual immorality. Man can kill with abandon. Hitler. Pol Pot. But if you sleep with someone outside of marriage God's gonna send a plague. Got it.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-25-2013 at 03:30 PM..

Old 08-25-2013, 03:24 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
It's not a sin.
However it was created by God for a purpose, to punish those who have promiscuous unmarried sex.

It all started with bestiality if I am not mistaken and God punished mankind by creating this disease.

We reap what we sow, and if we do not heed Gods warning or listen to her rebuke then she will mock when calamity over takes us, over takes us like a storm. Then they will seek her but they will not find her.
OH

MY

GOD

Please save us from the ignorance said and done in your name!

Amen.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:25 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Every thing happens for a reason.
Nothing happens that is not Gods will.
For God allows us to possess free will, and God allows the Devil to exists.

"I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things." - Isaiah 45:7
Awesome! I personally like Shiva - esp. the more fearsome attributes. Gods who can't create disaster are not really Gods.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Awesome! I personally like Shiva - esp. the more fearsome attributes. Gods who create disater are not really Gods.
No, they are still Gods, but they are also maniacs, massive douches, and possibly sadists.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oh, really?

So. All the people who have contracted HIV/AIDS but NEVER had promiscuous, unmarried sex..... Are they a part of this "punishment" too? Or are they a (God's voice) "Oops, sorry about that." by-product?

Tell us where all the babies and transfusion recipients fit in with God's plan to punish. This I have to hear.
Maybe the fundie response to this would be that God is simply giving them a faster path to Heaven.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:29 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
No, they are still Gods, but they are also maniacs, massive douches, and possibly sadists.
I corrected it - I meant to say 'can't.'

Old 08-25-2013, 03:30 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Maybe the fundie response to this would be that God is simply giving them a faster path to Heaven.
That has actually been offered as a reason for things like the slaughter of babies by the Isralelites at the command of YHWH.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
It's not a sin.

It all started with bestiality if I am not mistaken and God punished mankind by creating this disease.

We reap what we sow, and if we do not heed Gods warning or listen to her rebuke then she will mock when calamity over takes us, over takes us like a storm. Then they will seek her but they will not find her.
Absolute, childish silliness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity