Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 03:34 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,793,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
That has actually been offered as a reason for things like the slaughter of babies by the Isralelites at the command of YHWH.
This would actually be a very good counter-argument to use in debates when someone argues that it's okay to violate individual rights in order to prevent/reduce the risk of negative outcomes occurring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 03:39 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Absolute, childish silliness.
A mind really is a terrible thing to waste!

Old 08-25-2013, 03:43 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,308,567 times
Last I heard the research, the largest demographic groups acquiring AIDS includes Black women (husband's on the down-low and is bringing it home), the aged (they come from a generation of free love, and they give and take as they always have), and young people in their 20's (they likely thought they were safe and immune since it's been around so long, and the geezers who got it won't pass it to us after all)

Wow, AIDS being a sin - so I guess the straight black monogamous married woman is in sin for being with her husband, who can't stay at home? And the oldsters who happen to have lived through the crisis and continue to be healthy (though passing it along) are in sin because they can still 'celebrate?' The babies born who are HIV positive due to their parents, are in sin? I had two aunts who got it, and an uncle who didn't. One aunt was married and had 9 kids. She worked the hospital as a nurse, knew it as soon as she got it (needle stick). The other aunt was a spinster. Got it from bad blood. My uncle was a happy gay man. He had a number of boyfriends but eventually settled down. It was a heart attack that got him suddenly when he was in his early 60's. Where's the sin with my married, monogamous aunt? Where's the sin with my spinster aunt? If my uncle was steeped in sin, why didn't he get it (or his partners?).

I can finally say it with great conviction: "SMDH!" A sin visited on humanity - I think stupidity is a sin visited on the elect of humanity. All who believe, keep replying that AIDS is a sin!

Old 08-25-2013, 03:45 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,793,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
A mind really is a terrible thing to waste!
And yet millions of people still waste their minds.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:13 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
It must be too boring in the mock God \ mock the Christian forums ..... so the troll posts come here.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:18 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It must be too boring in the mock God \ mock the Christian forums ..... so the troll posts come here.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Do you think AIDS is a sin?

Do you think AIDS is a punishment from God?

Old 08-25-2013, 04:33 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
It's not a sin.
However it was created by God for a purpose, to punish those who have promiscuous unmarried sex.

It all started with bestiality if I am not mistaken and God punished mankind by creating this disease.

We reap what we sow, and if we do not heed Gods warning or listen to her rebuke then she will mock when calamity over takes us, over takes us like a storm. Then they will seek her but they will not find her.
Geez, where do you go to church? Westboro Baptist?

Old 08-25-2013, 04:53 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Do you think AIDS is a sin?

Do you think AIDS is a punishment from God?
I had a high school friend (before testing for such things were prevalent) who died from AIDS because she got a blood transfusion that had the AIDS virus in it. She was a true victim of AIDS.

In other words, in some cases people get AIDS from the consequences of sin due to no fault of their own, solely as the result of deviant behavior of others. Babies that are born with AIDS are another example of unintended consequences suffered by the innocent due to the deviant behavior of somebody else.

However, AIDS can be a punishment used by God when deviant behavior is wantonly engaged by the individual(s).
Galatians 6:7-8
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction;
and
2 Chronicles 36:16
But they mocked God’s messengers, despised his words and scoffed at his prophets until the wrath of the Lord was aroused against his people and there was no remedy.

Mock God, or his Word (which is very common here) or those who preach his word long enough there will come at time when there will be no remedy.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:59 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:
I had a high school friend (before testing for such things were prevalent) who died from AIDS because she got a blood transfusion that had the AIDS virus in it. She was a true victim of AIDS.

In other words, in some cases people get AIDS from the consequences of sin due to no fault of their own, solely as the result of deviant behavior of others. Babies that are born with AIDS are another example of unintended consequences suffered by the innocent due to the deviant behavior of somebody else.

However, AIDS can be a punishment used by God when deviant behavior is wantonly engaged by the individual(s).
Galatians 6:7-8
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction;
and
2 Chronicles 36:16
But they mocked God’s messengers, despised his words and scoffed at his prophets until the wrath of the Lord was aroused against his people and there was no remedy.

Mock God, or his Word (which is very common here) or those who preach his word long enough there will come at time when there will be no remedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity