Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 10:19 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You are attracted to whomever you are attracted.

The sexual act is a choice.
This is true for a change, but let me ask you...Could you abstain from sex your entire life? Even priests fail at that.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:26 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This is true for a change, but let me ask you...Could you abstain from sex your entire life? Even priests fail at that.
At least One person has...

... too late for me.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:55 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
A Christian is someone who walks the life of Christ. The are as He is.
I'm much more inclined to believe a Christian is someone who follows Christ's Teachings, and he taught nothing about sex only for procreation. Sure there are things we can learn from the way he lived his life, but he did things only God can do and his purpose was something we cannot fulfill as normal humans. The thought that he does not what any individuality among us when it comes to morally neutral things seems pretty silly and uncreative to me. If I had students who not only followed my teaching but also made a point to do every single morally neutral thing I did in my life...I would be less inclined to call them "good students" and more inclined to call them "creepy." Personally, I don't want Jesus to put a restraining order on me! LOL

Old 08-28-2013, 05:00 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Sure they can. I can stop being a heterosexual also. If this is turning people away from Christ then they don't Him. They are turning away from someone they know nothing about. There is no such thing as a Gay Christian. A Christian is defined by being as Christ is.

Would that be an oxymoron?...

Old 08-28-2013, 08:41 AM

796 posts, read 858,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
There is no documented evidence indicating that you are born with the innate desire for sex with someone of the same gender, either. But that hasn't stopped you from claiming otherwise.

In any event, we know that alcoholism runs in families. Are you suggesting we just give up trying to cure an alcoholic because he's just doing what his brain is wired to do?
There are thousands upon thousands of people who declare they left the homosexual lifestyle and he say's they are all liars. If one will not accept the facts as they exist they are not rational any longer.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:03 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Sure they can. I can stop being a heterosexual also.
How do you stop being attracted to women, and voluntarily be attracted to men? That requires restructuring your brain. If you can get an erection by thinking of an attractive man, you're not heterosexual.

Quote:
If this is turning people away from Christ then they don't Him. They are turning away from someone they know nothing about. There is no such thing as a Gay Christian. A Christian is defined by being as Christ is.
There are in fact gay Christians. However, your attitude on this board would indicate you aren't following Christ as he stated in Matthew 7. Which means you will be the one he declares he doesn't know.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:16 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
I'm much more inclined to believe a Christian is someone who follows Christ's Teachings, and he taught nothing about sex only for procreation. Sure there are things we can learn from the way he lived his life, but he did things only God can do and his purpose was something we cannot fulfill as normal humans. The thought that he does not what any individuality among us when it comes to morally neutral things seems pretty silly and uncreative to me. If I had students who not only followed my teaching but also made a point to do every single morally neutral thing I did in my life...I would be less inclined to call them "good students" and more inclined to call them "creepy." Personally, I don't want Jesus to put a restraining order on me! LOL
Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

"Thou shall not eat the hyena." He means, "Thou shall not be an adulterer, nor a corrupter, nor be like to them that are such." Wherefore? Because that animal annually changes its sex, and is at one time male, and at another female.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
How do you stop being attracted to women, and voluntarily be attracted to men? That requires restructuring your brain. If you can get an erection by thinking of an attractive man, you're not heterosexual.
Fiyero, the brain is powerful. Studies already have shown that the brain can be changed to desire and respond to new and different stimulus. Recall the study of the dog that was fed the food everytime the bell would ring. They would then salivate for food just by hearing the bell and have no need to have the food in front of them. Think of the alcoholic, if what you said were true then an alcoholic could never remain sober again. It is this type of thinking that your saying that is so damaging because Child Molesters and sex offenders are deemed incurable because of the type of statements you are making.

Quote:
There are in fact gay Christians. However, your attitude on this board would indicate you aren't following Christ as he stated in Matthew 7. Which means you will be the one he declares he doesn't know.
How do you know they are Christians? Do they follow Christ? Are they Christ-like as He is which all who are Christians will be? Do they put down Homosexuality like the Word of God does?

Old 08-28-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
This is one of the reasons that I walked away from your religion. If your god can't accept me the way I was made, then your god does not deserve my respect.
The Christianity I know of has nobody that leaves it. If you walked away then you never knew it. If you really knew my God, then you would know that He sees all men as murders, sex offenders, child molesters, thieves, and more. But He loves us and gave His Son to rescue us from our sinful nature. He considers all of us implicated in the murder of His own Son.

So God will not accept you the way you are, but will accept the task of helping you to overcome who you are.

Nobody can stay who they are and become a Christian - nobody can! Eventually, your knee wil bow to give Glory to God from a WILLING Heart. God is irresistable to those that know Him.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:32 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Fiyero, the brain is powerful. Studies already have shown that the brain can be changed to desire and respond to new and different stimulus. Recall the study of the dog that was fed the food everytime the bell would ring. They would then salivate for food just by hearing the bell and have no need to have the food in front of them. Think of the alcoholic, if what you said were true then an alcoholic could never remain sober again. It is this type of thinking that your saying that is so damaging because Child Molesters and sex offenders are deemed incurable because of the type of statements you are making.

How do you know they are Christians? Do they follow Christ? Are they Christ-like as He is which all who are Christians will be? Do they put down Homosexuality like the Word of God does?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity