Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 08:57 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
You and I are currently under wrath. We are currently experiencing repercussions for disobedience. This is God's Wrath, and for many it shall continue after this age. Now those repercussions are different depending on the disobedient acts.
Interesting. Either I haven't done anything too bad or the repercussions need some work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 09:01 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
GRACE.....The "undeserved" mercy of God....what does that tell you? What does that say?

It is man that seek revenge and punishment. If there is a heaven...ALL would be welcomed...even Hitler himself would be sitting on a cloud. God is not like man...He created the good as well as the evil and does not differentiate between the puny humans that are good or bad.

The only thing we all ask for while on the threshold of death is mere mercy. Mankind seeks to punish mankind...The all mighty can not be bothered with such trivial happenings such as bad human behavior..There are millions upon millions of dead sinners ....I doubt very much if GOD...is sitting at a desk evaluating the performance results of human lives.

Hell can be created here or after death and the belief in it generates it's existence...Heaven on the other hand can be here and in the her there after. As for the sadness of those we assume are in hell.............forget it. We are all equal in the sight of God...we are simple and slight entities who are vulnerable to the pains of material existence. God is goodness...and God sustains all of us.........A great eastern quote " I do not love him because he is good...I love him because he is my little child".......That is tolerance...that is true love.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:04 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Interesting. Either I haven't done anything too bad or the repercussions need some work.
Let's put it this way - man's opposition to God is not powerful enough to thwart His purpose for each of us.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Let's put it this way - man's opposition to God is not powerful enough to thwart His purpose for each of us.
Not a bad deal. I get to keep on keeping on and get to go to heaven after. And as far as I can tell the "wrath" is non existent.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:12 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Not a bad deal. I get to keep on keeping on and get to go to heaven after. And as far as I can tell the "wrath" is non existent.
Don't worry the contrast will come and then you will hate everything about your sinful nature. Those in darkness appreciate the light much more than those that never experienced darkness.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:17 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
What a judgmental thread! Since when does the OP decide someone else isn't "worthy" assuming there is a hell.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:21 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,481 times
Quote:
You and I are currently under wrath. We are currently experiencing repercussions for disobedience. This is God's Wrath, and for many it shall continue after this age. Now those repercussions are different depending on the disobedient acts.
This is the Gospel!
JN 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that hears My word, and believes on Him that sent Me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

What Gospel are you preaching? It is surely not the Gospel/Good News of salvation from condemnation/wrath of God now and to come.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:22 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
You will know if you are damned prior to death. My advice is to beseech God...and ask for mercy..Whether you believe in hell or not...I remember an old rich man laying in a hospital emergency room...He was at the end of his life...and he chanted over and over again..."abandoned....abandoned...abandoned"...... .That abandonment is what is to be avoided.

It was funny....my daughter was there and needed care...The old man asked "why are you here with your daughter at the hospital...is she not old enough to take care of herself?".....I can see why he was abandoned...He abandoned everyone...and God abandoned him.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Don't worry the contrast will come and then you will hate everything about your sinful nature. Those in darkness appreciate the light much more than those that never experienced darkness.
Even better. This just keeps getting better and better.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:45 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Read John 3 and/or Luke 16. You will discover that universal salvation is a falsehood. The day of salvation is today. After death comes the judgement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity