U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 07:25 PM

1,934 posts, read 3,202,102 times

Advertisements

MTBound,

Thank you for sharing. It is good to hear you're open to possibilities. Children are truly wonderful - I have 2 of my own. Through their eyes the world is a much simpler place.

It kind of surprises me though to hear the school hasn't done anything with regards to this event. Our schools in my area have counselors available for kids to talk with and especially when it's something that affects kids such as a death.

Again, thank you for your words and blessings to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 07:39 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,373,562 times
I am glad you were able to comfort your child in this way. I pray that the family effected by this death also finds comfort.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:24 PM

2,798 posts, read 6,836,414 times
I can't tell you how very touching it was to come on here and read this! That was a truly awesome and inspiring moment that you shared with us. I hope you and your son continue this close bond and perhaps grow together in a "spiritual walk". It IS wonderful to be able to sit down and pray with our children. All we need is the "faith of a child"...Most cannot understand that concept, however, I think you have experienced this!

I am also sorry about the death of your son's friend's father. One can only imagine how traumatic that must be...perhaps your son will be able to help comfort the boy...I will be praying for the boy and his family.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:28 PM

20,052 posts, read 21,055,613 times
Thank you for sharing such a private moment between you and your son. I know this was HUGH for you. You are a wonderful parent.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:34 AM

1,463 posts, read 2,221,096 times
MTbound,

I'm truly sorry for the loss and heartache you and your son are feeling. While this could have been an awkward moment, it appears you handled it with grace, love, and compassion. Our love for our children can truly lead us on some grand adventures!

It's encouraging to hear that this forum does make a difference in lives. Apparently, we're doing something right if you feel you can share this moment with us, and you credit the openness of the forum's discussions.

Baby steps. Don't be embarrassed or let anyone belittle you for taking them. I think your own feelings are validation that you have an open heart. You probably know what side of the fence I'm on, but I want to say that the Bible promises that if you earnestly seek God, you will find Him. It's OK if you don't know exactly what you're seeking, and exact words aren't necessary in prayer. What's important is the sincerity of the search.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:13 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,859,482 times
Incredible... your story is a gift!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:52 AM

7,468 posts, read 7,156,458 times
Default "Dear Universal Consciousness..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTbound View Post

I think he is sensing the craving that I am having

I want my child to have a sacred place to turn in his life...
MTbound,

As one mother to another, what you wrote was truly beautiful. As someone who also ponders connecting the music to the band, your post genuinelly touched me perhaps more than you know...

What struck me the most was your openness, and as a result, your empathy and how you engaged with your son. In reading your words above, my immediate thought was this: In your being open to that universal consciousness, your son was thereby able to be open to it, as well. You in fact did provide him with that "sacred place to turn in his life" in that he turned to you. You are that "sacred place;" or at least you were in that moment of interaction between the two of you. --Because if that universal consciousness does exist, then it is necessarily implied that it exists within us. How else would we even know to seek it? Perhaps more importantly, where else would we seek it but within ourselves?

In the end, I suspect you provided your son with more than just one "sacred place" to turn to, and that is an undeniably beautiful thing...

Thank you for posting what you did. I suspect you are not alone in seeking the "other" within your "self."

Take gentle care,
-June
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity