U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 10:49 AM

8,633 posts, read 8,634,893 times

Advertisements

Even some self-professed "preachers" incorporate the idea of "visitors" from outer space in their "theology"!

Amazon.com: Exo-Vaticana: Petrus Romanus, Project LUCIFER, and the Vatican's Astonishing Exo-Theological Plan for the Arrival of an Alien Savior eBook: Cris Putnam, Thomas Horn, Donna Howell: Kindle Store
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 11:26 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,892,850 times
The Vatican is not looking for a savior from outer-space.

The Vatican is not opposed to science and it has not closed discussion on the possibility of intelligent life existing elsewhere in the universe. That is a wise decision the Vatican has made.

Stating something is possible is not stating the same thing as something does exist or stating something does not exist. This is not my mere opinion but can be ascertained through logical proofs constructed in sentential logic. (Proof are constructed in logic/philosophy and mathematics--but not in science.)

In the natural sciences it more typical to use inductive reasoning than deductive reasoning. For sake of simplicity we can say inductive reasoning says, "X is likely to exist" or "X is likely to not exist," and deductive reasoning says "X does exist" or "X doesn't exist."

In terms of ascertaining the existence of aliens in one or more other galaxies, I would say it's unlikely aliens exist. But I can not totally rule out their existence.

Whether they exist or not I'm not sure what bearing that would have on my life. They have nothing to do with paying my rent money or solving any of my problems.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:18 PM

535 posts, read 762,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
A lot of the book is based on rumors floating around the internet.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:57 AM

8,633 posts, read 8,634,893 times
I am a lifelong Catholic. I haven't read the book and have no plans to do so. I think the book's premises is totally bogus, just the latest in a long line of anti-Catholic tripe by someone either a con artist or delusional!

Old 09-18-2013, 09:36 AM

2 posts, read 1,458 times
If there is anyone believing in extra-terrestrial life it is because they are buying into the lies of the enemy. He is the father of lies and he is very deceptive. He can influence even those who profess to be strong Christians. There is only one truth and that is God and his word all else comes from the lies from the pit of hell

Old 09-18-2013, 11:02 AM

8,250 posts, read 10,017,245 times
After all, ... if it's on the internet, it must be true! -- Bonjour!

Old 09-18-2013, 11:14 AM

958 posts, read 716,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite1979 View Post
If there is anyone believing in extra-terrestrial life it is because they are buying into the lies of the enemy. He is the father of lies and he is very deceptive. He can influence even those who profess to be strong Christians. There is only one truth and that is God and his word all else comes from the lies from the pit of hell
I believe the universe(s) are teeming with intelligent life, not too sure about planet earth though.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:02 PM

535 posts, read 762,154 times
VATICAN OFFICIAL DECLARES ON NATIONAL TELEVISION: EXTRATERRESTRIAL CONTACT IS REAL, NO LESS THAN FIVE TIMES!
Vatican's man says Aliens exist & describes them. - YouTube
vatican member says ufo,s and aliens are real - YouTube
The Vaticanís new openness on extraterrestrial life is consistent with reports of secret discussions held at the United Nations that began in February 2008 and are still ongoing today. The Vaticanís permanent representative to the UN, Archbishop Celestino Migliore, was reported to have attended along with a number of other prominent government officials to discuss increased UFO sightings and the implications of extraterrestrial visitation. Significantly, Migliore's position requires that he maintains close relations with the Vatican's Pontifical Academy of Sciences. At the time of the secret UN discussions, Migliore made a presentation on moral issues associated with scientific problems such as climate change. Most importantly, the UN discussions reportedly led to a new policy of openness being adopted by approximately 30 nations that would begin in 2009 and culminate with full disclosure to the world. This is extremely significant as there are approximately 22 nations that have begun full or partial disclosure!

Vatican prepares for extraterrestrial disclosure Honolulu exopolitics Examiner com - YouTube

Last edited by Priscilla Martin; 09-18-2013 at 12:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or