U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 01:20 PM

21,614 posts, read 30,181,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor400 View Post
I think that has a lot to do with. I'm frustrated, upset, angry, sad...you get the picture. I think I'm just in the negative and I have to get myself out of it. I have found myself not giving thanks, or not feeling like I have something new to be thankful for when I've been praying. I felt like I was just thanking Him for the same things over and over, and thought, well, he's heard that already, he probably doesn't want to hear it again.
Oh yes He does want to hear again, my Sunday School teacher encourages us to start our prayers by thanking God first, reflecting on what He has already done for us, that gets us thinking about Him and off the troubles. The Lords Prayer teaches that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 05:40 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,112,466 times
Quote:
Hi everyone. I haven't been on much lately, but I have been thinking about all of you. I need some advice, and I do want to apologize ahead of time if this has already been covered in another thready. I did a quick search, but don't really have time to dig really far back.

Here's what's going on. As most of you know, I've always considered myself a Christian, although I never really embraced it until recently, probably within the last year. Now, I'm trying, really trying to to understand and grasp my faith. I pray daily...several times. I talk to the Lord all day. I tell him what I'm so grateful for, I ask for his forgiveness and I ask for his help.

Why is it, that EVERY SINGLE THING in my life is falling apart now? I thought He wants us to be happy, and by giving my life to Him, he would help me achieve that. I am very unhappy because it seems like the more I pray and the more I try to learn and the more I try to be filled with the Holy Spirit, the worse things are getting for me.

Please understand, I know life is not perfect, and I know that a magic wand isn't going to be waved over me and make everything better, but sometimes I want to just to scream "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" I consider myself to be a very strong person, but now I'm tired, no I'm exhausted. I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? I feel like I'm doing something wrong and He feels I'm not worthy of his love. I know He is supposed to love everyone, regardless of their beliefs. But, honestly, sometimes I think he has other people to take care of and he doesn't have time for me.

Thank you, all for taking the time to read this.
Hi Taylor, my prayers and thoughts are with you. Along with what everyone else has shared, I would like to share that God knows all about you and all that you are going through. God loves you for you and He knows the plans that He has for you. When I have been through struggles I had to learn to say, Lord whatever you want me. Help me to trust you in any circumstance, because my life is not my life. My life is in Your hands. God is bringing a beautiful thing out of all that you are suffering now and you may not be able to see it right now but just trust Him. God bless you.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:27 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,491,222 times
Wink "when my heart is overwhelmed..lead me to a rock that is higher than I"

Quote:
Hi everyone. I haven't been on much lately, but I have been thinking about all of you. I need some advice, and I do want to apologize ahead of time if this has already been covered in another thready. I did a quick search, but don't really have time to dig really far back.

Here's what's going on. As most of you know, I've always considered myself a Christian, although I never really embraced it until recently, probably within the last year. Now, I'm trying, really trying to to understand and grasp my faith. I pray daily...several times. I talk to the Lord all day. I tell him what I'm so grateful for, I ask for his forgiveness and I ask for his help.

Why is it, that EVERY SINGLE THING in my life is falling apart now? I thought He wants us to be happy, and by giving my life to Him, he would help me achieve that. I am very unhappy because it seems like the more I pray and the more I try to learn and the more I try to be filled with the Holy Spirit, the worse things are getting for me.

Please understand, I know life is not perfect, and I know that a magic wand isn't going to be waved over me and make everything better, but sometimes I want to just to scream "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" I consider myself to be a very strong person, but now I'm tired, no I'm exhausted. I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? I feel like I'm doing something wrong and He feels I'm not worthy of his love. I know He is supposed to love everyone, regardless of their beliefs. But, honestly, sometimes I think he has other people to take care of and he doesn't have time for me.

Thank you, all for taking the time to read this.
There could be a few things daughter in Christ;
#1. Trials and tests from God- designed to make us stronger
#2. Under Spiritual Attack from the Enemy- for any reason
Do not become discouraged' I know it's easier said than done; but take it from some of the posters on this thread, who have had and are still having their share of battles. as long as we contend for the faith, there will be trials, this is a promise. Psalms 23 reminds us so well when David prayed.. "yea though I walk through the valley and the shadow of death.... "Through"; you will stand victorious, just remember that you are going "through" not staying there, You mentioned the Holy Spirit" He is our comforter when nothing else seems to make sense, and we grow weary at all that's going on. It's not necessarily how many times you pray a day (this is good though), it's resting in Him, not trying to figure out everything; Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and all thy might and lean not unto your own understanding", I quote these because , I know that you know them already and that you just need to hear or let those passages come from someone else.
Keep Psalms 91 in your heart
Joshua 1:9.
Keep a song in your heart, Praise Him Adonai, Hashem, it's not a feeling it's obedience and you will see what will happen. play some Praise music when you feel like this too. And know that I care ;
Here's a couple of songs I listen to when I'm going through tough times

YouTube - Total Praise - Richard Smallwood

YouTube - Mercy Me - I Can Only Imagine

Lifting you up in Prayer
Yours, In Christ Jesus Our Saviour and Lord

Old 11-17-2007, 05:58 AM

224 posts, read 714,572 times
Thank you, everyone for your kind words of encouragement.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:03 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,044,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
When Im distressed..heres what I do..I get by myself..turn on some worship music and just start singing praises to God, sometimes down on my knees, I lift my hands. The Bible says that God inhabits the praise of his people. Worship is like connecting to God in a very deep way, Let the world around you go, make a time for just you and God.
I do this also! There are times we all have that we feel distressed and like God doesn't hear us. My dad always suggested that I read the book of Job. It really helps. It has always seemed the harder I try the worse things get. When this happens give praise knowing that you are doing something right because satan is trying to get you to give up. It is when he doesn't hinder you that you should worry. You are not being a threat to him and he leaves you alone. Hang in there and know you have brothers and sisters in Christ that are praying for you!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:53 AM

Good morning everyone. I just wanted to thank you again for your advice and encouragement. It helped so much. I feel like I'm bouncing back. This weekend was productive for me, I feel refreshed and more positive. Happy Monday!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:37 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,243,432 times
Quote:
Good morning everyone. I just wanted to thank you again for your advice and encouragement. It helped so much. I feel like I'm bouncing back. This weekend was productive for me, I feel refreshed and more positive. Happy Monday!
A good morning to you Tayor400!! We give thanks and praise to the Lord Jesus for all He has done! He is faithful and true.
It is wonderful to know that God sends His love through many who will stand in the gap in prayer for us.... when something tries to come against us! Always remember no weapon form against a child of God shall prosper.
Jesus prayer for us is found in John 17.
Have a blessed day and rejoice in Him always!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 08:49 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,179,604 times
That is good to hear...I will continue praying.

I hope your week will be as productive and that you will find your cup running over this Thanksgiving.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:33 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,044,470 times
Taylor have you heard the old hymn God is so good, God is so good, God is so good he is so good to me. If you sing that over and over and over it is hard to stay in the dumps and you will find yourself smiling and praising him. Give it a try the next time old you know who trys to hinder you!!
Have a blessed day tomorrow too!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:28 PM

I will try that! Thanks! May you and everyone on this forum also have a blessed day tomorrow too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity