Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 06:10 AM

76,829 posts, read 47,146,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
In my view, a Christian Universalist actually believes that Christ did everything necessary to save us from permanent separation from God. IOW, NONE of us have anything to do with it. That means we are ALL already saved from any such fate thanks to Jesus. Whatever else is believed, that is central.
That's what they say, but Pleroo said she was offended by your universalist views when she was a 'Christian universalist' herself, so I asked her what the disagreements were about.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He is a fundamentalist, that's what they do.
And you are a .........whatever......and this is what you do (make meaningless comments about other posters).

Old 10-28-2015, 06:16 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,041,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
When I was a Christian Universalist, I was offended by Mystic, too, and studiously ignored him. Funny that he was one of the kindest and most giving people to me here on this forum when my fundamentalism was ripped from me and I began asking the tough questions about Christian dogma. He never shied away from my questions nor my doggedness when something didn't make sense to me. He was one of the very few Christians here who wasn't put off by that, and never made me feel that because I was no longer a Christian I (and my questions) didn't deserve to be treated with respect, and never made me feel "less than" or unwelcome because I don't share all his beliefs. It made a tremendous impression on me.
I am sure you're offence was partly down to Mystic posting without all the bible cliché talk that most fundamentalists use, that in my opinion are just empty words that lack power, but if you read what Mystic writes with an open heart rather than being offended and turning a deaf ear because he doesn't sound like a fundamentalist, you actually learn something from him.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:51 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,289,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I am sure you're offence was partly down to Mystic posting without all the bible cliché talk that most fundamentalists use, that in my opinion are just empty words that lack power, but if you read what Mystic writes with an open heart rather than being offended and turning a deaf ear because he doesn't sound like a fundamentalist, you actually learn something from him.
That's it in a nutshell.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
That's it in a nutshell.
OK, so you were a universalist fundamentalist who believed what the Bible says, and you were offended by mystic because his view contradicted that view.

Something is not adding up here, but I won't push it any further because I get the feeling you are not willing to clarify your statement.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
OK, so you were a universalist fundamentalist who believed what the Bible says, and you were offended by mystic because his view contradicted that view.

Something is not adding up here, but I won't push it any further because I get the feeling you are not willing to clarify your statement.
Wow... You are a genius at twisting the words of others. Glad you read my post too. No christian of any persuasion hold the corner on truth, you are deceived to believe otherwise. Those who are discovering truth that brings life are simply letting go of old beliefs that do not reflect the true nature of the character and spirit of God, for it is only those old beliefs about God that are blurring our vision of God. A man once asked what is truth when it was staring him in the face..... Some see a jewish man and think that is truth rather than seeing that what come forth out of him(the I AM), others see this being of wrath and condemnation that demands loyalty to the bible being inerrant and infallible and call that God. You know what though Finn ....... God is appearing to you exactly how you want him too and will continue to do so until you stop kicking against the barbs.

Whoever seeks good finds favor, but evil comes to one who searches for it Proverbs 11:27. If the God you seek is evil(yes commanding the dashing of babies heads against the rocks and other similar things are evil and do not try and tell me any different), then he will come to you as being evil. Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change. Wayne Dyer....... Yes i know it's Wayne Dyer, but how is that any different to what the scriptures says about calling the things that are not as though they are ?.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:52 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,044,105 times
Quote:
Why are so many offended by the truth? I know I used to be offended it by it because it hurt my pride, and I know many others who were offended by the Gospel. Looking at the many atheists these days, it is clear they are deeply offended by anything Christian. Why is this?
None of my Atheist friends are offended by what say??? Of course I never suggest they are all buring in hell and will die a million deaths if they do dot immediately convert to my faith--so we are able to have a real conversation, enjoy a drink or two and share a few laughs all while our wives prepare dinner, keep the fridge stocked and share their favorite cookie recipes...LOL

Old 10-30-2015, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
None of my Atheist friends are offended by what say??? Of course I never suggest they are all buring in hell and will die a million deaths if they do dot immediately convert to my faith--so we are able to have a real conversation, enjoy a drink or two and share a few laughs all while our wives prepare dinner, keep the fridge stocked and share their favorite cookie recipes...LOL
I was not offended by few laughs and cookie recipes either.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Why are so many offended by the truth? I know I used to be offended it by it because it hurt my pride, and I know many others who were offended by the Gospel. Looking at the many atheists these days, it is clear they are deeply offended by anything Christian. Why is this?
I find for the best part on here that the atheists are very cordial and no more a closed shop in their views as the fundamentalists are, but on the whole they tend to laugh off rather than be offended at bible verses quoted at them with no meaningful explanation behind them.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:50 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,558,915 times
Quote:
Because the Gospel is offensive news. Many are programmed, brainwashed, convinced that they are all that and a bag of chips, free and clear of any consequences, free to do absolutely anything, anytime, anywhere, with or to anyone. They attempt to fill the empty void in their lives with anything but truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity