Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 06:33 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,091,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszlady View Post
This world is NOT my home. I'm storing up my treasures in heaven. Matthew 6:19-21 I look forward to metting my maker in heaven. What you believe about the rapture is what you believe. As for ME, I look forward to leaving this world that wasn't made to last anyway.
I can pretty much flat-out guarantee that if the treasures you store in heaven are based on good deeds done here on earth - you'll be happy with what you see at your world's end.

As I believed I mentioned earlier, faith is a powerful force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 06:40 PM

794 posts, read 844,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You put me in mind of a child awaiting Santa Claus - with barely-concealed, sleep-reducing fervour/anxiety.

I wish you a Merry Christmas.
Matthew 18:3 "And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

I think its ok to be a little anxious over looking for signs of the end of the age.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:55 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,091,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
Matthew 18:3 "And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

I think its ok to be a little anxious over looking for signs of the end of the age.
Seems to me that folks tend to find what they're looking for.

Even if they need to resort to rubbing their eyes, squinting, wearing rose-tinted shades - or all of the above.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:07 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,496,651 times
Quote:
I believe some things that happen in this world are more than just another happening. About a month ago a strange horned sea creature washed up on the shores of southern Spain. Recently word has come out that it is probably shark remains, but I don't think so. As far as we know, there are no horned creatures in the sea. In the bible, a horn is a symbol of authority and power. The bible speaks of a beast that will rise from the sea and has 10 horns. Do you think this is a sign from God of the things to come mentioned in the bible?

Yahoo News Canada - Latest News & Headlines
Narwhal?

Though marine biologists do call it a tusk.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Narwhal?

Though marine biologists do call it a tusk.
As I said, there are no horned creatures in the sea. Gnarwhals have tusks, which is in no way associated with a horn.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:33 PM

530 posts, read 897,801 times
Quote:
i believe some things that happen in this world are more than just another happening. About a month ago a strange horned sea creature washed up on the shores of southern spain. Recently word has come out that it is probably shark remains, but i don't think so. As far as we know, there are no horned creatures in the sea. In the bible, a horn is a symbol of authority and power. The bible speaks of a beast that will rise from the sea and has 10 horns. Do you think this is a sign from god of the things to come mentioned in the bible?

i also recently found an interesting channel on youtube by a person who posts about world events and their links to the end times. Here is a link to their channel:

evangelist anita fuentes - youtube

thoughts and opinions?

love anita fuentes

Old 10-02-2013, 09:38 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,472,832 times
Quote:
I believe some things that happen in this world are more than just another happening. About a month ago a strange horned sea creature washed up on the shores of southern Spain. Recently word has come out that it is probably shark remains, but I don't think so. As far as we know, there are no horned creatures in the sea. In the bible, a horn is a symbol of authority and power. The bible speaks of a beast that will rise from the sea and has 10 horns. Do you think this is a sign from God of the things to come mentioned in the bible?

I also recently found an interesting channel on YouTube by a person who posts about world events and their links to the end times. Here is a link to their channel:

Evangelist Anita Fuentes - YouTube

Thoughts and opinions?
The "horns" were not horns, but part of the structure that holds the shark's front flippers in place. They only looked like horns because of decomposition. It is 100% certain it was a shark carcass. There was nothing at all supernatural going on...

Old 10-03-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The "horns" were not horns, but part of the structure that holds the shark's front flippers in place. They only looked like horns because of decomposition. It is 100% certain it was a shark carcass. There was nothing at all supernatural going on...
Some times its good not to quickly believe every conclusion out there. It is not 100% certain its a shark carcass just because a couple people who didn't even see the body in person said it is.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:28 PM

198 posts, read 262,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I kinda' hope you'll be around at the finish. And, I suspect, some aspect of you will be.

I have a hunch you might be surprised to see who turns out to be the bad guy.
No I won't be surprised, the bible has already told me who the bad guy is. The bad guy WON'T be God, and that's all that matters to me since HE is the one I serve, worship, obey, and plan to spend eternity with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity