Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you watch the Bill O’Reilly show anymore
Yes 10 47.62%
No 11 52.38%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 01:15 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,137,107 times

Advertisements

I dont watch this mans show, but how many will continue to watch his show after he puts out a book in which he said he was led by the Holy Spirit which pretty much puts doubt on the New Testament and mocks the words of Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 01:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I dont watch this mans show, but how many will continue to watch his show after he puts out a book in which he said he was led by the Holy Spirit which pretty much puts doubt on the New Testament and mocks the words of Jesus.
How does what he said about The Holy Spirit mock Jesus and place doubt (on) the NT?

Old 09-30-2013, 01:34 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
I don't watch him, or any other political entertainer anyway. Bill Maher was the first to drop off my line-up.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluteous View Post
How does what he said about The Holy Spirit mock Jesus and place doubt (on) the NT?
He pretty much was denouncing that the bible as being true and there is no way that anyone could have heard Jesus on the cross because crucifixion causes you to suffocate, so you cant speak.

Ill take the bibles accuracy over Bill O anyday.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:47 PM

794 posts, read 846,480 times
Quote:
Yes, I will. He tells it like it is and holds nothing back which is something most people in the mainstream news just don't do.

What I would like to know about Bill O'Reilly is has he been born again? It is interesting that he says he is a catholic when I have heard him say on his show that he thinks it is crazy that water baptism be required to be saved which is something Catholicism says otherwise. I don't think he fully believes in the catholic religion. One thing I've noticed about catholics is they seem to choose for themselves of just how far into Catholicism they will go. What matters whether he is catholic or not is has he been born again. If he truly believes Jesus is the Son of God who died for his sins then he is saved. No book he writes can ever change his position in salvation if he is born again.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:52 PM

794 posts, read 846,480 times
Quote:
He pretty much was denouncing that the bible as being true and there is no way that anyone could have heard Jesus on the cross because crucifixion causes you to suffocate, so you cant speak.

Ill take the bibles accuracy over Bill O anyday.
It seems he has a very logical approach to the bible then. Jesus could have come off the cross if He wanted to but He chose to suffer this death on our behalf. No man can kill Jesus. Jesus allowed man to crucify Him. If Jesus wanted to speak while on the cross, whether it be impossible for a man to do or not, why couldn't He? Jesus was not just a man.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
Yes, I will. He tells it like it is and holds nothing back which is something most people in the mainstream news just don't do.

What I would like to know about Bill O'Reilly is has he been born again? It is interesting that he says he is a catholic when I have heard him say on his show that he thinks it is crazy that water baptism be required to be saved which is something Catholicism says otherwise. I don't think he fully believes in the catholic religion. One thing I've noticed about catholics is they seem to choose for themselves of just how far into Catholicism they will go. What matters whether he is catholic or not is has he been born again. If he truly believes Jesus is the Son of God who died for his sins then he is saved. No book he writes can ever change his position in salvation if he is born again.

Umm, you can confess with your mouth and believe in your heart Jesus is Lord all day long, but if your lifestyle is to promote that Jesus was a liar and the bible is full of erros and Jesus was a angry and somewhat violent man, IM 100% sure Jesus will send them to the lake of fire on judgement day. That is literally taking the name in vain to say your born again and truly write a book he is writing.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
It seems he has a very logical approach to the bible then. Jesus could have come off the cross if He wanted to but He chose to suffer this death on our behalf. No man can kill Jesus. Jesus allowed man to crucify Him. If Jesus wanted to speak while on the cross, whether it be impossible for a man to do or not, why couldn't He? Jesus was not just a man.
According to him during his interview yesterday he said Jesus was just a ordinary man and not the Messiah. Orielly is a example of someone that will poke fun of and put down a Christian beliefs, yet that same Christians will turn right around and watch his show afterwards.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:20 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Quote:
According to him during his interview yesterday he said Jesus was just a ordinary man and not the Messiah. Orielly is a example of someone that will poke fun of and put down a Christian beliefs, yet that same Christians will turn right around and watch his show afterwards.
He is a Jew??????

Old 09-30-2013, 04:36 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
You will not hear these people in the media attack Muslim and their faith , as the spirit of these mockers can demean Lord Jesus and Christianity as these Christians won`t come at them or their ambassadors in other nations will not have to worry about spiritual Christians attacking their building , .. Still Jesus said you will know them by their fruit , as the evil or unjust cannot have good fruit , just as the just cannot produce evil fruit , as the spirit of the false prophet can be their friends , as discernment of this spirit of the false prophet will twist truth for strange purpose to demean truth of the living God through Lord Jesus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity