U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Will you watch the Bill O’Reilly show anymore
Yes 10 47.62%
No 11 52.38%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-30-2013, 10:07 PM
 
21,483 posts, read 13,703,795 times
Reputation: 5948

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I would love to read the OT passage where the cruxifiction was described in great detail.

I believe in God, but I have issues with the Bible. I don't think God dictated people how to write the Bible. I admit my church states the Bible is the word of God, and in a way it is. However, it is not perfect and anything that is not perfect cannot come from God. The Bible is man's interpretation of the word of God.
Our religion says the bible is the inspired word of God. You either believe it and follow the religion or not believe it and then why follow a religion that says it is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-30-2013, 10:20 PM
 
Location: Out there somewhere...a traveling man.
39,565 posts, read 47,801,608 times
Reputation: 110455
BO likes to BS making millions with his controversial waylaid thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2013, 12:36 AM
 
40,116 posts, read 26,772,494 times
Reputation: 6051
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Our religion says the bible is the inspired word of God. You either believe it and follow the religion or not believe it and then why follow a religion that says it is?
If you follow a religion . . . then I guess that defines your beliefs. But if you follow Christ . . . He alone defines your beliefs and what He revealed about the true nature of God should define your beliefs . . . not religion. Religions have been the great stumbling blocks leading to the current widespread apostasy of the majority. They believe a corrupted anti-Christ Gospel revering the Jewish War God Jehovah (YHWH) as described in the primitive and savage beliefs of our ignorant ancestors. They blaspheme the character of our loving God and make Christ's sacrifice a horrendous blood sacrifice to the eternal wrath of this War God to appease His anger for our forebears first act of disobedience.

Christ smote no one. His acquiescence to our ancestors' savagery and barbarity in scourging and crucifixion was in fact an act of love . . . because they knew not what they did. "No greater love hath any man . . . " Instead of properly elevating this example of agape love as the goal of human life . . . they besmirched His act of Love with carnal nonsense about jealousy, vengeance, and appeasement of a monster version of God born of our ancestors' fear, ignorance and superstition. The churches perpetuate this travesty and embellish it with threats of hell-fire and damnation. They carry a heavy burden before God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2013, 12:41 AM
 
16,437 posts, read 19,152,562 times
Reputation: 9520
I'm done with O'Reilly. He's too liberal for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2013, 12:46 AM
 
16,437 posts, read 19,152,562 times
Reputation: 9520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I would love to read the OT passage where the cruxifiction was described in great detail.
For your reading pleasure:

About.com: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%2022:16-18&version=NIV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2013, 12:48 AM
 
12,746 posts, read 14,101,964 times
Reputation: 34926
Everyone so busy, busy, busy picking at the speck in somebody else's eye. You're like a blind men trying to be eye surgeons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2013, 01:00 AM
 
545 posts, read 383,212 times
Reputation: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I'm done with O'Reilly. He's too liberal for me.
me as well, don't like the bully pushy ego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2013, 01:41 AM
 
21,483 posts, read 13,703,795 times
Reputation: 5948
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you follow a religion . . . then I guess that defines your beliefs. But if you follow Christ . . . He alone defines your beliefs and what He revealed about the true nature of God should define your beliefs . . . not religion. Religions have been the great stumbling blocks leading to the current widespread apostasy of the majority. They believe a corrupted anti-Christ Gospel revering the Jewish War God Jehovah (YHWH) as described in the primitive and savage beliefs of our ignorant ancestors. They blaspheme the character of our loving God and make Christ's sacrifice a horrendous blood sacrifice to the eternal wrath of this War God to appease His anger for our forebears first act of disobedience.

Christ smote no one. His acquiescence to our ancestors' savagery and barbarity in scourging and crucifixion was in fact an act of love . . . because they knew not what they did. "No greater love hath any man . . . " Instead of properly elevating this example of agape love as the goal of human life . . . they besmirched His act of Love with carnal nonsense about jealousy, vengeance, and appeasement of a monster version of God born of our ancestors' fear, ignorance and superstition. The churches perpetuate this travesty and embellish it with threats of hell-fire and damnation. They carry a heavy burden before God.
Well I think it is a good idea to follow the church Jesus founded. How else would His words by preserved if not for His apostles and followers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2013, 04:40 AM
 
Location: New England
32,260 posts, read 21,131,193 times
Reputation: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well I think it is a good idea to follow the church Jesus founded. How else would His words by preserved if not for His apostles and followers?
I think it an even better idea to follow the way he taught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2013, 07:10 AM
 
Location: Whereever we have our RV parked
8,818 posts, read 7,722,693 times
Reputation: 15126
So, the disciples were not present when Jesus was on the cross? HUMMM?

Jn 19:25 Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.
Jn 19:26 When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, “Dear woman, here is your son,” Jn 19:27 and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.

Jn 19:35 The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe.

Mt 27:55 Many women were there, watching from a distance. They had followed Jesus from Galilee to care for his needs.
Mt 27:56 Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee’s sons.



Disciples of Jesus also buried Him as all four Gospels testify, and of course all the 11 disciples saw Jesus risen from the grave, ate and talked with Him many times, and Jesus appeared to over 400 people at one time after his resurrection.

Sorry if some don't believe their testimony, but other than Christ, there is no hope to be saved from death. I'm always amazed at how people today don't believe that the early Christians couldn't tell a fake from the real deal when it came to deciding what documents had actually been written by the Apostles and what had not, but that people 2000 years later can much better. The arrogance of people today is amazing.

As far as the OT texts about Jesus crucifixion, see Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top