Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 02:33 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I know some languages that have female sounding names but are male names...
Too bad it doesn't apply to this language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 02:43 PM

473 posts, read 821,617 times
They also had women deacons and ministers---All who served within the church served in the same capacity--servant of God.

Phoebe served the church at Cenchrea in the same capacity that Paul, Apollos, Tychicus, Epaphras, Archippus, and Onesimus did elsewhere. It is possible that not all churches had women diakonos, but some churches like Cenchrea did. 1 Timothy 3:11 seems to imply that Timothy also had women diakonos in his churches.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:06 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Too bad it doesn't apply to this language.

Uhuh...sure...

Old 10-01-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
They also had women deacons and ministers---All who served within the church served in the same capacity--servant of God.

Phoebe served the church at Cenchrea in the same capacity that Paul, Apollos, Tychicus, Epaphras, Archippus, and Onesimus did elsewhere. It is possible that not all churches had women diakonos, but some churches like Cenchrea did. 1 Timothy 3:11 seems to imply that Timothy also had women diakonos in his churches.

Show me a female preacher...

Old 10-01-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Show me a female preacher...
Every time it's mentioned in the Bible that women should be silent in a church, it is Paul using the word "I". Every time in the Bible when it's stated that in God's eyes that all are equal that we are the same whether male or female--the Bible states God said. Check it out--it's true.
God never stops us from leaning on our own understanding and making mistakes--it's called allowing us our own choices--some would call it free will to screw up.

No respect of persons (by God Himself)----Romans 2:11, Colossians 3:11, 3:25, Galatians 3:28, Ephesians 6:9, 1 Peter 1:17

9 female prophets, 1 Apostle, Phoebe a deacon, minister, servant

Pastors or preachers are shepherds of a flock
Female shepherds---Chloe, Lydia, Mary, Prisca or Priscilla

This ought to give you plenty to study

Old 10-01-2013, 05:40 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"Women are not apostles?" "Apostle" only means someone who is sent out to bring the gospel to people who have not had it taught. Some women have been sent for that purpose. They are apostles.
Yes, this is true. Women who are sent by God have a very important role in the Kingdom. Paul only forbade a woman to teach a mixed assembly but they have roles as Teachers, Evangelists, Apostles and other roles according to God's plan for them. The first woman Evangelist was the woman at the well who went into town and testified of Christ and many were saved because of it.

We tend to think of only the great Aposles written of in Scripture but down through time there have been many more both male and female.

Last edited by garya123; 10-01-2013 at 05:52 PM..

Old 10-02-2013, 05:28 AM

Paul forbade--Jesus sent a woman to town to preach. Thank You

Old 10-02-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
Paul forbade--Jesus sent a woman to town to preach. Thank You

Did He send her or did she go off on her own?...

Old 10-02-2013, 07:45 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
Paul is not God's word.
No matter how many prefer to embrace Paul, rather than Jesus ,it does not change the fact.
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit so that the individual would have tutelage from God just as Jesus said.
Being obedient to God trumps any other form of philosophy or influence one might contrive, including that of Paul.
Paul was an egocentric , compare the beginning of all his letters and that of any other writer.
Prove to God you love Him, and obey Jesus and seek the tutelage of the Holy Spirit.
Leave the arguments of scriptures to the world ,whom are going to compromise them to their own satisfaction any way, just as men did in Jesus time.
Jesus directly instructed the disciples NOT to take titles . Why do you call Him Lord but do not obey Him?

Old 10-03-2013, 05:23 AM

To the one who gave me a quick reputation mark and told me that I was going to hell and that my time was short.

Thank You, you just make me study harder and put out more threads of truth. You and those like you make me God's warrior.

Yeshua Bless You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity