U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 12:56 PM

910 posts, read 1,085,181 times

Advertisements

I think you are confusing Paul's writings on different bodies with your belief in rapture. They are different!

Now you assume that the air is the cloud and equate caught up to snatch away. Big assumptions, in my opinion but if I take you up on the rest of the verses like the last verse - being forever with the Lord, your theory fails. Shall we be in the clouds ever with the lord? Is heaven the cloud? Where is the air?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 11:37 AM

400 posts, read 452,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The rapture is an invention of some Christian groups in the US in the 19th-20th century. I don't believe it is truly biblical or part of the Sacred Tradition.
That is not correct at all.

Irenaeus (130 AD-202 AD) bishop from Lyons an eyewtiness to the Apostle John, and a disciple of Polycarp wrote about the rapture in Against Heresies.

Cyprian (200 AD-258 AD) bishop of the church in Carthage wrote about it in Treatises of Cyprian.

Ephraim (306 AD-373 AD) bishop of Nisibus wrote about it in On The Last Times.

Look it up.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:16 PM

The parable of the wicked husbandmen summarises all we need to know about what will happen. Most things are centered on the earth where God made Man 6000 yrs ago.

Will God allow the negative force to continue holding sway, is he so low tech that he cannot selectively elliminate the bad boys

Old 10-03-2013, 03:15 PM

11,265 posts, read 11,279,851 times

Last edited by thrillobyte; 10-03-2013 at 03:33 PM..

Old 10-03-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
In a famous series, the world was inundated with the " Left behind" doctrine. Those left behind were deemed to have missed the rapture. But is that really true? let us examine the scripture
My imagination running amok:

In a famous series, the world was inundated with the " Left behind" doctrine. Those left behind were deemed to have missed the rapture. But is that really true? let us examine a passage from "Tribulation Force"

Quote:
Duke Skywalker slowly rose to his feet and glanced at the devastation all around him. Raging fires from an airliner that crashed nearby were sending billows of smoke skyward that blotted out part of the sun. Duke immediately thought of the passage in Revelation: "And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name." Duke glanced at his forearm where the prominent numbers "666" were clearly etched into his skin by laser technology. He'd watched as the bodies of the saved Christians glimmered, their flesh turning translucent before suddenly flying heavenward. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. And then the terrible reality finally set in: the saints had been RAPTURED and he'd been "left behind" to face the tribulation force; the antichrist; all the domons of hell now awaited him...
Am I another Jerry Jenkins or AM I????

If this doesn't prove there's a rapture I don't know what does.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:28 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,392,748 times
There is nothing in the Bible that says it. The rapture is an invention of men, not God.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
My imagination running amok:

In a famous series, the world was inundated with the " Left behind" doctrine. Those left behind were deemed to have missed the rapture. But is that really true? let us examine a passage from "Tribulation Force"

Am I another Jerry Jenkins or AM I????

If this doesn't prove there's a rapture I don't know what does.
Thrilo, but this is exactly what we are saying! You have used the wrong interpretation of one man to conclude on the rapture. What did Christ talk about - rapture? If his message was about rapture it appeared that even his disciples did not get that. Because shortly before he was taken up, they asked him when the kingdom was going to be restored. At that time Paul who wrote Thesolonians was busy persecuting believers. Did Christ reserve a special message for Paul different from his overall message- the coming of the kingdom of God? Or have folks misunderstood Paul's writing on the subject?

The only resonable conclusion is the later!

Old 10-04-2013, 12:12 AM

Thrilo, it appears I lost the joke in your post? You were by sattire drawing attention to the fact that the rapture is an invention of men, weren't you?

Old 10-04-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Thrilo, it appears I lost the joke in your post? You were by sattire drawing attention to the fact that the rapture is an invention of men, weren't you?
hehe, Yes, I was. Sometimes even my satire is taken so seriously it proves I have to lighten up or Jesus will never be able to lift me off the ground when the rapture comes.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
hehe, Yes, I was. Sometimes even my satire is taken so seriously it proves I have to lighten up or Jesus will never be able to lift me off the ground when the rapture comes.
I have to LOL at this!You crack me up, Thrilo!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity