U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 01:28 AM

910 posts, read 1,084,941 times

Advertisements

I think it is not. And I will go through all the pro rapture verses to explain it to all who care to listen. There simply is no rapture. And the 1000 year of Christ is an event that has happened spiritually. I will prove all of this with reference to scripture.

John 14:1-4

Quote:
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Fatherís house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
Where is his father's house? It is the earth, the heavens, the multiverse, everywhere! Not all the mansions are led by him. Only one of the mansion is led by him. It means the other mansions are not dealing directly with the truth. They cannot be dealing directly with God, since he is the only way. In the context of the verses, he is going once, to prepare a special mansion for us...

He is coming again to receive us in that mansion himself. It tells me straight away that the mansion will be on earth. He is coming back to the earth to receive his chosen ones to himself. Note that he will be the one to select those he will receive into himself. That you are a church member or a christian cannot guarantee access to His Mansion. It is a process of election. Note that the mansion cannot be outside the earth because it is stated that he is coming again to receive us to himself in his particular mansion!

So the question is How will Christ come a second time. Is he going to be born a second time, or is he going to descend from heaven, or is he going to suspend in the air? Note that if he is going to suspend in the air, he will not be human, he will be an angel. But scripture tells us that his second coming is to rule. An angel will not rule. Man alone will rule. So he must come as man, not as an angel. For guidance see Heb 1: 5

Quote:
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. 7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Heb 2:16

Quote:
16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and tfaithful high priest inhings pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
These verses confirm that the coming Christ must come as man. This is further cemented in the revelations to John the divine, and Isaiah

Rev 12:
Quote:
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
Isaiah 9:

Quote:
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
Some folks argue that Isaiah 9 was referring to the birth of Jesus Christ, but that is false as the birth of Jesus was already predicted in Isaiah 7:14, and in 9, the child was meant to physically rule on earth, consistent with Rev 12. They both are referring to the rule of Christ on earth, his second coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 02:18 AM

Default Is rapture reall Bibilical?

Now we have established that Christ must come as man to rule. But we need to do more. What has happened? How did we get to this stage? First, we know that Adam and Eve sinned. They were cast off, God deserted them and since then men dealt with God through Angels. Christ came to secure our reconciliation to God the Father. Having secured that reconciliation, he is promoted to a new position - a position of rulership. That is why we see a different Christ in Revelation than the Christ we see in the new testament. He comes to rule and to judge. these things have always been the architecture from the begining. Daniel interpreted the dream of Nebuchadnezzar:

Dan 2: 44
Quote:
44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
Folks should note that God himself will physically set up a kingdom on earth. Can we now see why christ said he was going to prepare a place for us, and he will come and welcome us to his kingdom? John14. That Kingdom that Christ was talking about is the new kingdom of God on earth. He prayed about it, we pray daily about the coming kingdom. The prophets prayed about it. ...thy kingdom come... When that kingdom comes, nothing can shake it, it will stand forever. It will not be for 1000 years, no. Christ will be the main man in it. It does not stop other kingdoms, but it will reign over everything else.

Dan 7:

Quote:
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. 10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
Quote:
13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
His kingdom and dominiom is everlasting. it will never pass away and it is on earth. I want us to refer to the parable of the wicked husbandmen which encapsulates what had happened and what will happen.

Mathew 21

Quote:
33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: 34 and when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. 35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. 36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. 37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. 38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. 39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lordís doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? 43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. 44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
Christ told the Jews that the kingdom of God will not come from them, but will reside in another nation. That was why he was evasive when his disciples were asking him when he will restore the kingdom to Israel. He asked them to wait instead for the power of the Holy Ghost. Physically the kingdom will not reside in Isreal as it was meant for a nation that was not called by his name. A gentile nation. Therefore it is indeed a New Jerusalem, not the old Jerusalem under dispute with the Palestinians.

Isaiah 65

Quote:
1 I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.
If we examine the prophecies of his 2nd coming in Isaiah 9 and in Rev 12, the nation was not stated. It was only stated that the child born will rule all peoples. That is sufficient.

Before I go on to the 'rapture' verses, I want to finally establish that the coming Christ was meant to come as a human being. Let us Look at the Acts 1

Quote:
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
Sometimes folks mistake this verses to mean that Christ will come from the sky. This is far from the correct interpretation. The two angels asked the operative question that should banish that thought. They queried why the men were gazing up. If they queried the act of gazing up, then perhaps it is unnecessary to keep gazing up into heaven. No need to expect Christ to come from heaven as he will come in a like manner as he went up to heaven. The question then is what manner did he go up to heaven? He went up to heaven as a human being! How do human beings come unto the earth plane? Only one way - through the womb of a woman. If he is coming through the womb of a woman, why bother gazing into the heavens? Why? Do we now understand why the angels appeared and why they queried the actions of the disciples?

From the above, I hope I have firmly established that

a) He is coming to rule forever in an everlasting kingdom
b) His father will set up this kingdom.
c) He will reign from a New Jerusalem.
d) He reigns as man and hence will be born on earth.
e) He will not reign from the Jewish nation - Israel.

In the coming series I will delve fully into all the "rapture' verses

Old 10-02-2013, 02:47 AM

Default Is rapture really Bibilical

In a famous series, the world was inundated with the " Left behind" doctrine. Those left behind were deemed to have missed the rapture. But is that really true? let us examine the scripture

Luke 17

Quote:
34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord?
And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.
Mathew 24

Quote:
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Who will be the ones taken? Where will they be taken to? If we examine the days of Noah. the ones taken were actually destroyed by the flood. The 'flood took them all away'. The angels this time are sent to the earth to gather all the children of God and to destroy all children of perdition.

Mathew 13

Quote:
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. 41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42 and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
Therefore, those taken are taken to be destroyed by the angels. Those left are left to inherit the kingdom of God. They will actually be with the eagles who are gathered round the carcass. The carcass being the Holy Spirit, the eagles being the children of God who are in the kingdom of God.

No one is carrying you to heaven, you are meant to inherit the kingdom of God on the earth.
Mathew 5:

Quote:
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
We are meant to reign on the earth. That was why Adam and Eve were created. The instruction from God was for them to rule over the earth. He never withdrew that instruction even after they had sinned. All unfolding events will result in man owning the earth and dominating it forever. The kingdom of God must be established on this earth, as it is in heaven.

Quote:
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
The second coming of Christ must be to actualize this prayer. To bring the coming of God's Kingdom on earth, not to take us away to heaven as the" Left behind" series and other rapture believers will want us to believe.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:43 AM

Understanding Mathew 24:

One of the verses cited by the rapture believers to prove that Christ will descend from the sky is chapter 24. let us now examine it.

Quote:
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 so likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Jesus in verse 30, was telling his disciples that the sign of the son of man will appear in the skies. A sign of the son of man. After the sign, they will all see (know) the son of man, coming in the clouds of heaven with heavenly power. Note clouds of heaven means 'coming with the powers of heaven'. It is a spiritual expression of the heavenly powers. It does not connote walking down from the skies, no! At this point the "thief" in the house is now revealed. This will cause most people to mourn. Why do they mourn? They mourn because this was not their expectation. All the false doctrines did not add up. Most of the world are steeped in false doctrine and do not recognize that the throne of God and His Christ have already been set up on the earth as promised. With these signs, the end is not yet, rather it points to the fact that it is very close. however, there are the few who know him already and worship him daily as shown in Rev 5;

Quote:
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 and cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, 12 saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest.
And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. 16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. 17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
Some folks will say that this is happening in heaven not on earth, but I counter by reminding them that these things are things that 'will shortly come to pass on the earth' - Rev 4. We are in the end times, and most of the things written have been fulfilled. The kingdom of God has already been set up on earth. There are people on this earth, who see God face to face, who the Godhead dwells with physically, who get their protection directly from him. These people all came out of great tribulation, which is ongoing at the moment, but they were called to his service. Unless he calls you, you cannot know him. He is the one to receive you unto himself - John14 : 1-5. As a matter of fact, Christ in his second coming will be rejected by our generation as he himself predicted: Note he was not talking about his rejection by the Jews. He was talking to them about a much later occurrence.

Luke 17

Quote:
22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. 23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them. 24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day. 25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
Also Luke chapter 18
Quote:
Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
So, If Christ had predicted that he will come like a thief in the night, and that he will be rejected by our generation and he will not find faith on earth, is it not clear that mainstream Christianity with their "rapture" doctrines have missed the boat? Will they not be mourning when they know the truth about the kingdom of God on earth? If he already establishes on earth, who is the one they are waiting for to rapture them to the heavens? Are they not repeating the same mistakes the Pharisees and other "learned' Jews made in the time of Christ. Men having ears but they cannot hear, eyes but the cannot see. God has again comfounded the knowledge and wisdom of the learned and the wise!

Quote:
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13 and the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 for the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
On the day he opens the 6th seal, the heavens and the earth are shaken, and the worldly men will now know that the one at the throne is unleashing his wrath.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:14 AM

Default Is Rapture really Bibilical?

Understanding 1 Theso 4. Before I delve into this I would want all to recall a warning given by Peter on the writings of Paul. 2 Peter 3

Quote:
5 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
Paul's work are highly spiritual writings, as he knew Christ spiritually and he was very learned. Folks must be in spirit to understand most of his writings, otherwise they interprete wrongly to their own destruction. The rapture believers must keep this at the back of their minds. Now our most quoted rapture verses are given below.

Quote:
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Let us start with the final declaration. " meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord". Now where is the air? Note that it states that we shall forever be with the Lord in the air. If we assume that the air is the clouds up in the sky, then it means that believers will remain forever with Christ in the clouds. If that is true, then why tell us about Christ coming again to rule for 1000 years and all the other stories? it does not fit, and if does not fit we must reject it.

The air is the world. When the Bible says the spirit of the air, it means the spirit of the world. We shall forever be with the Lord in the world. The meek shall inherit the earth, and the Kingdom of god must be established on earth. We will be with the Lord in his kingdom on earth - now that sounds believable and it is in tune with other promises of God.

The Lord Descending with a shout and the Trumpet are all things that happen in the spirit. When he came for his first advent he told the Jews that "he came down from heaven". Nobody believed him, because they did not see him come down. And how could they because he spoke to them of a spiritual event?

The dead in Christ rising first refers to incarnations of souls that died in Christ in previous generations. Therefore whether you are dead in his coming, or alive in his coming, be comforted in the knowledge that all believers must be in his kingdom forever with him. That is the meaning of the verse. To be caught up to God, means to be in one spiritual accord with him. It does not mean flying up to the sky!

Old 10-02-2013, 04:37 AM

The False believe that the Church Will dodge tribulations!!

Hmmm, when I reflect on this, I laugh at this concept. But this is why they believe in pre-tribulation rapture, to take all believers or church away from the tribulation. Why will we not suffer tribulation? Are you better than the apostles and prophets that suffered tribulations? Are you better than Christ himself who suffered heavy tribulations? What does the word of God say about this?

1Peter 4
Quote:
1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
1 peter 4

Quote:
12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13 but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christís sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other menís matters. 16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. 17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
Romans 5
Quote:
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 and patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5 and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Rev 7:

Quote:
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest.
And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
How can you be called to the throne of God if you do not partake in this tribulation? As a child of God you must have your own share of tribulation and it is fiery. This does not need too much writing as it is self evident. Enough said.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:32 AM

The 1000 year Reign Explained

We have heard about the 1000 year reign given different connotations. Christ himself never told us his reign will be interrupted on earth. He said his reign is everlasting. What then is this 100year reign. Has it like oter scripture been misunderstood. Let us examine it.

Rev 20

Quote:
And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 and cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Satan was bound up a thousand years, making it impossible for him to negatively influence the nations. That is a physical occurrence on earth and it has happened, with the blood of Christ being a precursor for that event. The 1000year of Christ was with souls all of whom were dead. Thus the 1000 year reign is a reign in the heavenly places with Christ. Note that Christ defines live as a continuum. John 11:

Quote:
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Those souls lived again and reigned with Christ. Note that Christ started reigning in heaven after his resurrection from death. So they lived and reigned with Christ in heaven - first resurrection. Because they were righteous and partook not in the things of the world, they were counted worthy to partake in this first resurrection - living and reigning with Christ for 1000years in heaven. Those who have partaken of the first resurrection (reigning with Christ) when they incarnate back to earth are not subject to the powers of death - meaning that the power of death cannot stop their incarnation again. In other words they have life everlasting!

Folks should note that the anti Christ has always been around. It was mentioned in scripture, so its not a new thing. The 666, is referring to the governance of men, which is not perfect, but it had permeated all religions of men. It lacks the pure doctrine. Those who are holy had kept to the pure doctrines of God.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:57 AM

9,829 posts, read 6,738,277 times
The rapture is an invention of some Christian groups in the US in the 19th-20th century. I don't believe it is truly biblical or part of the Sacred Tradition.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The rapture is an invention of some Christian groups in the US in the 19th-20th century. I don't believe it is truly biblical or part of the Sacred Tradition.
Completely agree with you Julian. Does that not remind you of this verse in 2 Pet

Quote:
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
I wonder how much the left behind series made in the box office? Think of all the works of charity such funds would have been used for.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:08 AM

17,966 posts, read 12,940,252 times
There is no rapture for the Circumcision believers. Their realm is terrestrial. When Christ comes back for them and sets foot on Mt. Zion, they will have an earthly kingdom.

The rapture or snatching away as found in Paul's epistles to the nations, the Uncircumcision believers, will occur due to the fact that our realm is inherent in the heavens. When we meet the Lord IN THE AIR we are then transported to the celestials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity