U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 07:26 PM

304 posts, read 247,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I believe that "He that begun a good in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:6) as "it is God that works in you both to will and to do His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13), which is to be conformed to the image of His Son (Romans 8), kept by the power of God (1 peter 1:5), as JESUS is able to save believers to the uttermost that come to God by Him as He lives and makes intercession for us as our High Priest (Hebrews 7:25).

Salvation by God's Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ, not of works lest any Man should boast..(Ephesians 2:8)...Totally apart from merit on Man's part.

Hebrews 10:39
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
:-|
Does that mean yes? Or do you think all of that happens before salvation and culminates in salvation. :-|

How much like His son, do you think "which is to be conformed to the image of His Son (Romans 8)" means?

And when does that occur?

And aren't you glad you aren't left in the flesh all your Christian life, that there is a time free of it before death?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 06:49 AM

1,542 posts, read 1,059,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xian Catalyst View Post
Moderator cut: deleted You defined the word perfect with two words. Then you said in a way that implied it was my pet/opinion whatever view of the word mature.

That does not necessarily read mature to be inclusive with the other two words. It is separated by the Declarative words you gave, and the one that is "my word" that you endure. The gracious endurement, doesn't carry the same authority as the declarative you gave.

You are right on one thing. There is one of us trying to jump to conclusions. That's why I ignored the mighty Jabberwock within three posts when I got here.

Example:
From:::: A Humorous Look at The Importance of Punctuation | Online Editing and Proofreading Services. Affordable Editors and Proofreaders.

Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will you let me be yours?
Jane
What happens to the letter if there were some punctuation mistakes and it was punctuated in an entirely different fashion?
Dear John,
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?
Yours,
Jane
Xian, I love your homorous quote about the great difference when punctuation marks are changed.
IMO perfect includes both completeness and maturity. When we first receive the Holy Ghost ( which Peter said in Acts 5:32 God gives as a gift to those who OBEY Him) we are quite immature, but as we continue walking under the direction of that Spirit, we must grow into becoming mature and complete (ie perfect.)
Personally, I am appalled at preachers (like Billy Graham and DavidvJeremiah who say, like the vast majority of Protestant ministers, that if you have ever trusted Jesus Christ as your Savior, then you can never lose your salvation. Alister Begg says that we must persevere in our faith (see Matt. 10:22) to be saved. If we do not grow in our 'faith' we either made a profession of faith without making a commitment to obey Christ, or we received that Spirit, with a mind for a while to obey Him, but later went back into a life of habitual sin, essentiallyn blaspheming against that Spirit which we once possessed, the unpardonable sin.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:47 PM

1,542 posts, read 1,059,730 times
Jesus said in Luke 6:[46] And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
[47] Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
[48] He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
[49] But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity