U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 02:50 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,584,513 times

Advertisements

Hello:
Can you recommend a book for me?

The Principal is in dire need of a book of aspirations/quotations that can be used as a mission statement, for teacher-team building, as quotes/themes on the newsletters, parental letters etc.

Sometimes the audience is parents, sometimes elementary school kids

The book quotations should illustrate Cardinal/Theological Virtues plus the Gifts/Fruits of the Holy Spirit.
This way, if she needs a quote on 'Perseverance' she can look up the virtue and find a quote simply and quickly.

Ideally, the book would feature Catholics *and* nonChristians with stellar examples like Albert Einstein, Dr MLK Jr, Dali Lama, etc

The Principal put a questionable quote in a school letter that is the author is a lifelong philosopher against Christian teaching and she suggested I find a book for her.

The criteria is a book that a 3rd grader could write a book report about the author. Ex: Margaret Sanger quote is not appropriate for a 3rd grader (OK for a High schooler however this is an elementary school) but Dr MLK Jr is.

Do you have a suggestion for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 02:56 PM

304 posts, read 247,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
Hello:
Can you recommend a book for me?

Do you have a suggestion for me?
Bonhoeffer's Cost of Discipleship should give them ample.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:59 PM

304 posts, read 247,275 times
“Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.”
Dietrich Bonhoeffer quote

“If you do a good job for others, you heal yourself at the same time, because a dose of joy is a spiritual cure.”

“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children.”
Anand_Singh

“A God who let us prove his existence would be an idol”

Old 10-02-2013, 09:36 PM

16,256 posts, read 7,646,560 times
William Penn Some Fruits of Solitude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity