U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-22-2016, 09:02 PM
 
2,075 posts, read 1,463,944 times
Reputation: 3322

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Tell us what scriptures you are referring to in a rapture because two men in a bed, one taken is certainly not a rapture.


Paul stating,'' THOSE OF US LEFT BEHIND.''


Left after what?


''THOSE OF US WHO REMAIN.''


He is referring to the same thing Zechariah refers to, and Zechariah insinuates that if you are not already keeping the feast of Tabernacles, you just might have your eyes melted in your head before you hit the ground because fire will test every man.


People are teaching a rapture that supposedly takes all the Christians out of this world to escape a judgment, and there is no such thing as this. People are not suddenly going to go missing while the world wonders where they went and this is why the world will laugh saying,'' Go on up ye bald head,'' because they will not yet realize the righteous are left behind, and in those days a curse will go out and nature will kill whoever it is to kill.


The first thing that happens is the Bema Judgment and it will lay a third of the earth dead and takes years to clean.


The people who die are not sinners, they are Christians, and even then no rapture has taken place.
First, let's separate discussions. There are discussions about the EXISTENCE of an event called "the rapture" in the Bible. And then there are discussions between rapture believers about the sequence of events involved with the rapture, wherein a wide range of disagreements divided into 3 main camps of rapture doctrine.

The rapture is widely disagreed upon, as to it's timing in the end times sequence of events, it's purpose and even the NUMBER of raptures that will take place.

But all of these are separate from the discussion about whether or not the event called the rapture is actually in the Bible. And I'm sorry, but it's pretty well undeniable that there is an event called "the rapture" that takes place in the Bible. Just dismissing it's existence in scripture because the TERM "rapture" doesn't appear in the Bible is silly.

You skewed Paul's words pretty badly, by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2016, 09:02 PM
 
21,854 posts, read 16,691,085 times
Reputation: 8671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yeah, its what we have always been taught, its what I always believed for 30 years or so until I learned the feast days.
You would do well to begin believing it again. But whether you ever do or not, the rapture is taught in the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 09:06 PM
 
2,075 posts, read 1,463,944 times
Reputation: 3322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
WHY?


What scriptures in the bible talk about what you believe Led, don't make me break out the rain song on you.


It's just a little rain.
If you're arguing this issue in a definitive way, than you should know the relevant passages by heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 09:07 PM
 
9,280 posts, read 3,151,149 times
Reputation: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
I'm bettin' you haven't ever read it in your life. I've read it more than once, but once was enough. And the additional 250 plus times I've read it, I haven't come to any different conclusions. And I'm a non-denominational, non-church going Christian who reads the Bible on his own.

I think you've either never read the Bible, or your reading it through a denominational filter, or you have extremely bad reading comprehension.

Good thing you're not a gambling man....because you're wrong on all counts. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
14,818 posts, read 4,970,941 times
Reputation: 1509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No mention of the rapture appears in the Old Testament because no mention of the Church is made in the Old Testament. And the rapture is what terminates the dispensation of the Church and must take place before the Tribulation can begin.
No mike.


Every man will be tested by fire and you will either stand in the fire or not.


As I said in an earlier post, '' while I don't believe in the rapture as people believe, I do however know that the bridegroom comes at midnight to take his bride away.''


What I am saying is that the scriptures and concepts of a perceived rapture are not about what people are claiming they are about.


2 men in a bed is not about a rapture, even though a honeymoon comes.


''THOSE OF US ALIVE AND WHO REMAIN,''


The people standing alive will be caught up Mike, No person will ever escape the testing of fire, God is with you in the fire, but you have to stand in it.


The whole world is dead, and THEN, THOSE WHO ARE ALIVE AND REMAIN, WILL THEN BE CAUGHT UP.




The preachers taught me that people would just suddenly disappear and the scriptures used to try and prove this is exactly wrong.


The disciple asked Jesus saying,'' Lord, WHERE?''


He isn't asking where one is standing is he?


He is asking where the other is taken isn't he?


The eagles come to eat the one taken and this is your claim lol.


I mean it is everyone's claim and mine for decades, but it isn't true.


What was the answer when he says,'' Where are they taken?''
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 09:11 PM
 
2,075 posts, read 1,463,944 times
Reputation: 3322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Good thing you're not a gambling man....because you're wrong on all counts. Peace

But I'm not wrong about the fact that the rapture event is in the Bible. And you are. And I still don't believe you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 09:13 PM
 
2,075 posts, read 1,463,944 times
Reputation: 3322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
No mike.


Every man will be tested by fire and you will either stand in the fire or not.


As I said in an earlier post, '' while I don't believe in the rapture as people believe, I do however know that the bridegroom comes at midnight to take his bride away.''


What I am saying is that the scriptures and concepts of a perceived rapture are not about what people are claiming they are about.


2 men in a bed is not about a rapture, even though a honeymoon comes.


''THOSE OF US ALIVE AND WHO REMAIN,''


The people standing alive will be caught up Mike, No person will ever escape the testing of fire, God is with you in the fire, but you have to stand in it.


The whole world is dead, and THEN, THOSE WHO ARE ALIVE AND REMAIN, WILL THEN BE CAUGHT UP.




The preachers taught me that people would just suddenly disappear and the scriptures used to try and prove this is exactly wrong.


The disciple asked Jesus saying,'' Lord, WHERE?''


He isn't asking where one is standing is he?


He is asking where the other is taken isn't he?


The eagles come to eat the one taken and this is your claim lol.


I mean it is everyone's claim and mine for decades, but it isn't true.


What was the answer when he says,'' Where are they taken?''

I think you're being victimized by a bad understanding of eschatology, or bad denominationalism. Read the Bible. Because it seems to me what you're really doing here is arguing with other people's eschatological theories and viewpoints.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 09:29 PM
 
9,280 posts, read 3,151,149 times
Reputation: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
But I'm not wrong about the fact that the rapture event is in the Bible. And you are. And I still don't believe you.

No, you're wrong about what it means and it doesn't mean flying away, you're staring up at the clouds which is exactly what the angels said NOT to do.

But I won't belabor the point with you because if you have made 250 trips through it and you STILL haven't been shown of Him any better than that, it's because your heart is not open to receive from His Spirit, so who am I to think otherwise? Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 09:30 PM
 
21,854 posts, read 16,691,085 times
Reputation: 8671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
No mike.


Every man will be tested by fire and you will either stand in the fire or not.


As I said in an earlier post, '' while I don't believe in the rapture as people believe, I do however know that the bridegroom comes at midnight to take his bride away.''


What I am saying is that the scriptures and concepts of a perceived rapture are not about what people are claiming they are about.


2 men in a bed is not about a rapture, even though a honeymoon comes.


''THOSE OF US ALIVE AND WHO REMAIN,''


The people standing alive will be caught up Mike, No person will ever escape the testing of fire, God is with you in the fire, but you have to stand in it.


The whole world is dead, and THEN, THOSE WHO ARE ALIVE AND REMAIN, WILL THEN BE CAUGHT UP.




The preachers taught me that people would just suddenly disappear and the scriptures used to try and prove this is exactly wrong.


The disciple asked Jesus saying,'' Lord, WHERE?''


He isn't asking where one is standing is he?


He is asking where the other is taken isn't he?


The eagles come to eat the one taken and this is your claim lol.


I mean it is everyone's claim and mine for decades, but it isn't true.


What was the answer when he says,'' Where are they taken?''
I disagree. Actually, the rapture of the church comes first, before the Tribulation begins, and then the judgment seat of Christ takes place in heaven. At the judgment seat of Christ, if the believer's works are burned up, the believer himself will be saved (1 Cor. 3:15).

And no, Luke 17:34 to which you refer, concerning there being two in a bed and one being taken, is not a rapture passage. That verse is in fact referring to what will take place when Jesus returns at the end of the Tribulation in which all unbelievers will be removed from the earth and sent into the eternal fire. The Millennial kingdom will begin with believers only. All unbelievers must be taken off the earth before the Millennial kingdom begins.

But the rapture of the Church will have taken place before the Tribulation ever begins. The rapture of the Church and the second advent of Jesus will be separated by a period of more than seven years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 09:31 PM
 
9,280 posts, read 3,151,149 times
Reputation: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
I think you're being victimized by a bad understanding of eschatology, or bad denominationalism. Read the Bible. Because it seems to me what you're really doing here is arguing with other people's eschatological theories and viewpoints.

Or maybe he's just trying to share wisdom with you. The Hellenized mindset of Churchianity has done nothing but breed thorns and thistles. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top