U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-22-2016, 09:37 PM
 
2,075 posts, read 1,474,968 times
Reputation: 3332

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, you're wrong about what it means and it doesn't mean flying away, you're staring up at the clouds which is exactly what the angels said NOT to do.

But I won't belabor the point with you because if you have made 250 trips through it and you STILL haven't been shown of Him any better than that, it's because your heart is not open to receive from His Spirit, so who am I to think otherwise? Peace

I never said anything about "flying away". The rapture has NOTHING to do with flying away, according to the scriptures. You're making an argument about the nature of the rapture here, not an argument about the scriptural proofs for it. I haven't told you one thing about what I think "it means" either.

See, this is the problem with your argument. You are confusing the Biblical passages dealing with the event called the rapture, with the various denominational theories about the Biblical event, and it's timing and purpose and other such details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2016, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
15,146 posts, read 5,076,587 times
Reputation: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I disagree. Actually, the rapture of the church comes first, before the Tribulation begins, and then the judgment seat of Christ takes place in heaven. At the judgment seat of Christ, if the believer's works are burned up, the believer himself will be saved (1 Cor. 3:15).

And no, Luke 17:34 to which you refer, concerning there being two in a bed and one being taken, is not a rapture passage. That verse is in fact referring to what will take place when Jesus returns at the end of the Tribulation in which all unbelievers will be removed from the earth and sent into the eternal fire. The Millennial kingdom will begin with believers only. All unbelievers must be taken off the earth before the Millennial kingdom begins.

But the rapture of the Church will have taken place before the Tribulation ever begins. The rapture of the Church and the second advent of Jesus will be separated by a period of more than seven years.

Mike, All of these things you are referring to are appointed feast days.


What has taken place when Paul says,'' Those of us who remain and who are alive.''


Mike, the only people left standing after the judgment are people who stood in a fire and did not burn.


Baptism of fire.


What has just taken place that Paul has said,'' ANYONE LEFT ALIVE WILL THEN?''
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 09:42 PM
 
9,288 posts, read 3,191,131 times
Reputation: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
I never said anything about "flying away". The rapture has NOTHING to do with flying away, according to the scriptures. You're making an argument about the nature of the rapture here, not an argument about the scriptural proofs for it. I haven't told you one thing about what I think "it means" either.

See, this is the problem with your argument. You are confusing the Biblical passages dealing with the event called the rapture, with the various denominational theories about the Biblical event, and it's timing and purpose and other such details.

Ok, well then my apologies. Normally when someone says "rapture", they mean the flying away doctrine. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 09:46 PM
 
2,075 posts, read 1,474,968 times
Reputation: 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Ok, well then my apologies. Normally when someone says "rapture", they mean the flying away doctrine. Peace

Well I can see why you would say this. Firstly, because you don't know what the Bible says about the rapture... and thus secondly, you can't parse out the falsehoods that other people teach about the rapture which are not Biblical. So... you make the mistake of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. You've decided that the rapture event isn't Biblical, because you can't find any evidence of all the false doctrines taught about the rapture in the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 10:21 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
15,146 posts, read 5,076,587 times
Reputation: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
I think you're being victimized by a bad understanding of eschatology, or bad denominationalism. Read the Bible. Because it seems to me what you're really doing here is arguing with other people's eschatological theories and viewpoints.
I have an understanding of it from a Jewish view where there are 7 appointed feasts for the missions of Christ and what is to happen on those 7 feasts, and then there is another Holy day in it's own that makes it the Holy 8th day.


Each of these 8 appointed days of God show what Jesus will do.


He came dying as a Passover.
He was buried as Unleavened Bread
He rose as a firstfruit
His spirit was given on the wheat harvest.


What is the mission of Jesus on the final 4 more appointed days?


What happens on Rosh Hashanah, the feast of Trumpets, and doesn't Yom Kippur come next?
When is the appointed wedding and the appointed consummation?


When is the wedding banquet after the wedding and consummation, and what are these days called?


We wait on a bridegroom, and I could easily argue on your side Zep, and who knows, maybe I am wrong and don't understand, but I understand somebody who shows me an opinion of what the comings days mean.


The are 4 Holy days that wait and they are just like Passover, Unleavened Bread, Pentecost and Tabernacles.


There are two seasons, 2 rains upon the Earth and one of these rains was the first coming of Jesus, what do we call the second season rain, and what are the promises of these two rains?


My opinion is that Jesus came in the flesh, and his second coming happens within people when he comes in the clouds.


What happened at the first coming of Jesus will undoubtedly happen on a big scale when Jesus steps inside his bride, and she will walk the same walk he walked and what did the world do to him?


The world will seek to kill them all.


This has been true with every single generation because it didn't matter what decade or century it has ever been, if you follow the actual word of God then the whole world will argue with you.{In General}


It might be that I would change my mind and I would thank the person who corrected me.


I think maybe a rapture comes, and nobody sees it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
15,146 posts, read 5,076,587 times
Reputation: 1550
If we work backwards, we begin on the eighth day of circumcision, and the first day of birth is Tishri 1, Before this, a wedding banquet, before this a consummation, before this a marriage, and what has happened before this but rapture?
Attached Thumbnails
The Rapture Will Never Come For One Simple Reason: "This Generation" Is Over-imagescay16veo.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 10:45 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
15,146 posts, read 5,076,587 times
Reputation: 1550
Side note Hannibal


HHMI: The Seven Festivals of the Messiah Chapter 7


This guy, I don't agree with him although he is a freaking demigod to me, I would lick the guys shoes and yet I do disagree with him but I think he is a greater teacher than I ever saw, I wished I could articulate myself that way.


If you wanted to fight what Hannibal thinks, then Eddie Chumney's rapture would be an excellent place to start, Maybe Hannibal is missing something because his greatest prophet has a different view.


I must be getting bored, '' side note Hannibal?"
Jimmy's got moves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 11:08 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
15,146 posts, read 5,076,587 times
Reputation: 1550
Jeremiah 31


How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.


A woman shall give forth a full grown son.


There are no more women or men in God's eyes, all flesh is female and all spirit is male, all are Ephraim and all are Judah, all are slaves and all free men.


How did Jesus bear a full grown son when he died?


God demands that you have to give birth to a full grown man and how will a man do this?



If you are the bride of Christ then O, some miracle has taken place because you have become pregnant by some miracle not having known your own husband.


Paul is telling them over and over that they are still babies and he is desperate about this thing because they don't realize that you have to raise a full grown son because God has created a new thing in this Earth.


A woman will give birth to a full grown son, How old is your child because woe to those with children and weaning children in those days..


I think this woe comes upon all the pregnant virgins, and if we are demanded to raise a full grown son as Paul teaches, then we have to begin on the milk of the word until we can eat the true meat of the word.


But if we are giving birth to full grown sons at our deaths, then we had already come to a rapture to even begin speaking about a birth.


I don't know, maybe I really am missing, maybe something is out of place and I don't see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 11:23 PM
 
40,432 posts, read 26,953,465 times
Reputation: 6082
Default The Rapture Will Never Come For One Simple Reason: "This Generation" Is Over

The rapture will never come because there is no such thing! It is a fiction created by John Darby in 1830 interpreting the second coming of Christ. Get a clue. None of this magical thinking is helpful to spiritual development and maturity. The sad state of human spiritual development is a direct result of such irrational and ignorant beliefs. It is a travesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 11:28 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
15,146 posts, read 5,076,587 times
Reputation: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The rapture will never come because there is no such thing! It is a fiction created by John Darby in 1830 interpreting the second coming of Christ. Get a clue. None of this magical thinking is helpful to spiritual development and maturity. The sad state of human spiritual development is a direct result of such irrational and ignorant beliefs. It is a travesty.

Well, I can say at least that I am irrational, but who could stop a committed obsessive compulsive to stop doing what he loves?''


Aint no way of talking somebody like that down, I don't know how many names they got for crazy but I got a few, bi polar, bad ocd.


Just take what is needed and throw the rest away but you can't stop a dreamer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top