U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 12:56 AM

9,284 posts, read 3,167,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
Well I can see why you would say this. Firstly, because you don't know what the Bible says about the rapture... and thus secondly, you can't parse out the falsehoods that other people teach about the rapture which are not Biblical. So... you make the mistake of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. You've decided that the rapture event isn't Biblical, because you can't find any evidence of all the false doctrines taught about the rapture in the Bible.

Now why would you assume that about me? Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The rapture will never come because there is no such thing! It is a fiction created by John Darby in 1830 interpreting the second coming of Christ. Get a clue. None of this magical thinking is helpful to spiritual development and maturity. The sad state of human spiritual development is a direct result of such irrational and ignorant beliefs. It is a travesty.

Wow. We finally agree on something.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:11 AM

14,935 posts, read 5,010,553 times
2 Kings 5
25But he went in, and stood before his master. And Elisha said unto him, Whence comest thou, Gehazi? And he said, Thy servant went no whither.
26And he said unto him, Went not mine heart with thee, when the man turned again from his chariot to meet thee?

Elisha Raises the Shunammite's Son
28Then she said, "Did I ask for a son from my lord? Did I not say, 'Do not deceive me'?" 29Then he said to Gehazi, "Gird up your loins and take my staff in your hand, and go your way; if you meet any man, do not salute him, and if anyone salutes you, do not answer him; and lay my staff on the lad's face."

Moses' Staff
2The LORD said to him, "What is that in your hand?" And he said, "A staff." 3Then He said, "Throw it on the ground." So he threw it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from it.

Exodus 7
For each one threw down his staff and they turned into serpents. But Aaron's staff swallowed up their staffs.

There is a serpent in your right hand and what if you knew your serpent and could send him out amongst serpents?

Beware of King snakes because when a king snake has been thrown down, he will swallow the others.

''In that day a boy shall play over the hole of a serpent.''

''Come out, come out, where did he go?''

At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death! "

Eye to eye and head to head,
(Keep the measure, Nag.)
This shall end when one is dead;
(At thy pleasure, Nag.)

Turn for turn and twist for twist--
(Run and hide thee, Nag.)
Hah! The hooded Death has missed!
( Woe betide thee, Nag!)

Rudyard Kipling

Beware the mongoose king, Whistler, Son of Whistler.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Uncle, but you knew I would say that!

Hannibal is all knowing, of course.

The great and powerful Hanni.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:45 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,468,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The rapture will never come because there is no such thing! It is a fiction created by John Darby in 1830 interpreting the second coming of Christ. Get a clue. None of this magical thinking is helpful to spiritual development and maturity. The sad state of human spiritual development is a direct result of such irrational and ignorant beliefs. It is a travesty.

No. John Darby did not "create" the rapture. He created a doctrinal position about the TIMING of the rapture event on the eschatological calendar - pretribulationism.

Another erroneous viewpoint, I'm afraid. Uh... both your's and Darby's.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Wow. We finally agree on something.

Really... have you read the Bible? I mean seriously?

Old 07-23-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I have an understanding of it from a Jewish view where there are 7 appointed feasts for the missions of Christ and what is to happen on those 7 feasts, and then there is another Holy day in it's own that makes it the Holy 8th day........

My opinion is that Jesus came in the flesh, and his second coming happens within people when he comes in the clouds.

What happened at the first coming of Jesus will undoubtedly happen on a big scale when Jesus steps inside his bride, and she will walk the same walk he walked and what did the world do to him?

I think maybe a rapture comes, and nobody sees it.

Do you believe in the resurrection of the dead, or not? It's that simple. And do you believe that those who remain until his coming will be changed from corruptible flesh to incorruptible? Per the scriptures? It's that simple.

To say that you don't believe in the rapture is to say that you don't believe in the resurrection of the dead and the translation of the living believers to eternal bodies in the eternal kingdom.

Old 07-23-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Do you believe in the resurrection of the dead, or not? It's that simple. And do you believe that those who remain until his coming will be changed from corruptible flesh to incorruptible? Per the scriptures? It's that simple.

To say that you don't believe in the rapture is to say that you don't believe in the resurrection of the dead and the translation of the living believers to eternal bodies in the eternal kingdom.
I don't think I ever did say I didn't believe in rapture, I say that it is not what people think it is. This trying to figure things out myself but I am looking at appointed feast days being fulfilled.

I know it's not what all these others preach and if somebody could explain it, they should be explaining the feast days.
I believe in the resurrection but the majority of believers in God do not obtain the first resurrection at all, their works are burned in the fire and whoever is left alive remaining will be caught up.

Very few people in all of history have obtained the reward of first resurrection and I use this word,' Reward,'' because that's what it is.
If your works cannot stand in the flames, then you will be saved but only as one who goes through a fire, and this means you die while the resurrected are left standing.

I don't pretend that I have achieved the goal of first resurrection, it is a hard thing, but before resurrection comes, what comes before?

People take the Bema judgment against Christians and use scripture to show a rapture but all they show is a division, a rapture of death where eagles come and eat and the siskins will all be laughing.

1 Corinthians 3
If what he has built survives, he will receive a REWARD. 15If it is burned up, he will suffer loss. He himself will be saved, but only as one being snatched from the fire.

To have gained the honor and reward of first resurrection, you have to be appointed as one of those 144,000 that receive the reward in Revelation 14{Firstfruits}, and these are taken from all history, and they alone are the firstfruits of first resurrection, if you are not among them it is because you were considered a gentile and you will remain in the outer court of darkness with your salvation at the table of burnt offerings.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 07-23-2016 at 02:21 PM..

Old 07-23-2016, 02:28 PM

Revelation 11

Consider that YOU are the two witness, is this rapture?

What feast days is Revelation 11 showing?

The Witnesses Killed and Raised
…And those who dwell on the earth will gloat over them, and will celebrate and send one another gifts, because these two prophets had tormented them. 11But after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God entered the two witnesses, and they stood on their feet, and great fear came over those who saw them. 12And the witnesses heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud as their enemies watched them.…

WHAT?

Doesn't this story sound familiar in how Christ was killed and 3 days later, resurrected?

It looks like the same story because what happened to Jesus has to happen to all the brethren.

2 comings that look alike only the roles have changes and now the church sits where Jews sat. We are shown that the two comings of the Lord are appointed for Nisan 14, and Tishri 15, two comings where the same story is played out but only on a much broader scale in the second coming for the fall.

Old 07-23-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Really... have you read the Bible? I mean seriously?

Uh, yes, seriously....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or